Vista Suites?

39august

1 minute ago, kazu said:

The vista suite is basically a verandah cabin.

They are on the smaller ships where the cabins are larger (not because it’s called a suite) than on the larger ships.

Right on the money!  The only benefit to a Vista Suite (IMO) is that you earn double Mariner Days.  To me they seem a bit overpriced for what you get.

I personally don’t think the vista cabins should be called suites.  On the Koningsdam it seemed vista suite & balcony cabin were pretty much the same.   

You do get double Mariner credits if in a vista suite though if that’s of importance to you.  

22 minutes ago, Crew News said:

The menus look fantastic my friend. I really hope to try on a cruise and try it one day. By the way, the prices are very expensive. I hoped to see something cheaper, but unless its your first time cruisng, you should be more familiar with such a pricing policy 

8 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

The menus look fantastic my friend. I really hope to try on a cruise and try it one day. By the way, the prices are very expensive. I hoped to see something cheaper, but unless its your first time cruisng, you should be more familiar with such a pricing policy 

The Tamarind is my favorite for value.  Canaletto portions are huge.  The Alaskan King Crab legs in the Pinnacle are amazing as are the filets.  Note that with few exceptions, the Room Service items are free and quite tasty in addition to being available 24/7.

Collecting Mariner points through suite bonuses, booked excursions, and onboard spending leads to discounts at the expensive restaurants on future cruises.  At the 4* Mariner level, discounts are 50% for the specialty restaurants.

Edited by Crew News

2 hours ago, Crew News said:

The Tamarind is my favorite for value.  Canaletto portions are huge.  The Alaskan King Crab legs in the Pinnacle are amazing as are the filets.  Note that with few exceptions, the Room Service items are free and quite tasty in addition to being available 24/7.

Collecting Mariner points through suite bonuses, booked excursions, and onboard spending leads to discounts at the expensive restaurants on future cruises.  At the 4* Mariner level, discounts are 50% for the specialty restaurants.

Do not forget 50% discount on WINE packages!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 39august said:

So like a jr. suite on RCI. Just a larger cabin with balcony. So probably not interested. Thanks for the info. 

The one junior suite we had on RCI (on Serenade) was WAY bigger than any Vista we've had on HAL.