When will Club Orange have a dedicated space on N.A. and Eurodamn

kangforpres

The Club Orange concept never appealed to me for several reasons but if everything about the two itineraries were equal I would choose the Eurodam because it has the Tamarind Restaurant and Oosterdam doesn't.  If you don't care about the added restaurant than either ship is great in my opinion. Have a wonderful cruise!

~Nancy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KirkNC said:

One can only hope, pooping on your most loyal customers is not a sound business strategy.

I don’t understand why some loyal customers are upset by the Club Orange concept.  I’m 4 Star and chose to pay for Club Orange for my next cruise so that we can have a smaller dining venue due to health concerns.  Nothing has been taken away from loyal customers.  We have been offered more choice.  Neptune Suites receive the benefit for free.  

29 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

I don’t understand why some loyal customers are upset by the Club Orange concept.  I’m 4 Star and chose to pay for Club Orange for my next cruise so that we can have a smaller dining venue due to health concerns.  Nothing has been taken away from loyal customers.  We have been offered more choice.  Neptune Suites receive the benefit for free.  

Did you already pay for the Club Orange?  If not, I might wait until after the upsells go out, since if you take an upsell to a Neptune you would get it included (so an upsell offer could be a great deal in this case).

48 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Did you already pay for the Club Orange?  If not, I might wait until after the upsells go out, since if you take an upsell to a Neptune you would get it included (so an upsell offer could be a great deal in this case).

I have been a Club Orange passenger and I like it.  Only the Pinacle Class vessels have a dedicated spacw. On the other ships there is a dedicatedspace in the main Dining room with an extra meal choice each night.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Himself said:

I have been a Club Orange passenger and I like it.  Only the Pinacle Class vessels have a dedicated spacw. On the other ships there is a dedicatedspace in the main Dining room with an extra meal choice each night.

We are looking forward to trying it out on the Nieuw Statendam on our next cruise.  Like the idea of a separate area which should be much quieter.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Yes, I chose my cabin on deck 4 of the Koningsdam so that we will have easy stairway access to the Club Orange dining room.  I did not sign up for the drink package.  I’m not even sure this cruise will happen since it is in April so we’ll see.  Club Orange, as I understand it has a limited enrollment and didn’t want to wait or take a guarantee.

30 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

Yes, I chose my cabin on deck 4 of the Koningsdam so that we will have easy stairway access to the Club Orange dining room.  I did not sign up for the drink package.  I’m not even sure this cruise will happen since it is in April so we’ll see.  Club Orange, as I understand it has a limited enrollment and didn’t want to wait or take a guarantee.

Since the Koningsdam has fewer Neptunes than the Vista class ships, it normally is harder to get an upsell from a Signature to a Neptune. so that ideal likely would not work anyway.  Sounds like you made a well thought out decision - Good Luck!

Boy some people really hate club orange. The one time I had it on a Club Orange ship (the Nieuw Standendam] I really enjoyed it, always had both breakfast and dinner there.

The one time I had it on a non club orange ship the O-dam, it was nothing but faster seating for dinner with one more entrée option and the special club orange tote bag.

Either way it's not something that should cause so much derision, but these days everything causes derision.

My original question was when/if the Signature Class ships will become Club Orange ships.

-Paul

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kangforpres said:

Boy some people really hate club orange. The one time I had it on a Club Orange ship (the Nieuw Standendam] I really enjoyed it, always had both breakfast and dinner there.

The one time I had it on a non club orange ship the O-dam, it was nothing but faster seating for dinner with one more entrée option and the special club orange tote bag.

Either way it's not something that should cause so much derision, but these days everything causes derision.

My original question was when/if the Signature Class ships will become Club Orange ships.

-Paul

Its not easy to add this type of space on a ship IMO.  Not like moving a shop or music venue.  Plus, you have to offset the revenue formerly generated by the place.  I just do not see this happening.

2 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Its not easy to add this type of space on a ship IMO.  Not like moving a shop or music venue.  Plus, you have to offset the revenue formerly generated by the place.  I just do not see this happening.

I don’t think they will add the separate space either.  I think they should set aside part of the dining room for Club Orange, like they set aside part of the Lido for Canaletto on the older ships.

6 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

I don’t think they will add the separate space either.  I think they should set aside part of the dining room for Club Orange, like they set aside part of the Lido for Canaletto on the older ships.

Cannaletto is a set aside area in the Lido on all HAL ships. 

3 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

I think they should set aside part of the dining room for Club Orange,

January, 2020:  the host at the MDR for Breakfast was at the Club Orange podium on the Eurodam.  He wore his Orange tie.  Club Orange guests or not, he seated the rest of us non-Orange guests.  Where were the Club Orange guests being seated in a different area of the Eurodam's dining room?  I didn't see any difference.

Club Orange is a "perk" for which one wants to pay, that's OK with me.  It provides additional--and now needed--revenue to the Company.  If it makes one somehow feel "special"?  That's OK with me.  We all like to have that feeling sometime.  

If HAL chooses to develop this "line of thinking", like much else that has happened to the cruise product that they have offered in recent years, more work/thought is required in order to reach whatever level of cruise product that they wish to offer to their guests.  

3 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

How will that work?  The MDR is not that large.

To allocate an area when you dn’t know if it will be sold is cutting out other diners.

and what about those of us that have Club Orange (whether we want it or not).

I want to dine with whom I’m dining with.  I went to the work to link the reservations so why should I be ostracized from dining with my family or dear friends???

It works great for two tops I guess but for my upcoming cruise, I have friends and family.  I want to eat with them so there goes a space in the “allocated” space wasted as we won’t be there.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

How will that work?  The MDR is not that large.

To allocate an area when you dn’t know if it will be sold is cutting out other diners.

and what about those of us that have Club Orange (whether we want it or not).

I want to dine with whom I’m dining with.  I went to the work to link the reservations so why should I be ostracized from dining with my family or dear friends???

It works great for two tops I guess but for my upcoming cruise, I have friends and family.  I want to eat with them so there goes a space in the “allocated” space wasted as we won’t be there.

How will it work?  We had Club Orange (NS) on the Eurodam and fixed seating with non-Club Orange cruisers.  It was kind of confusing because we were supposed to get a different menu...which we had to ask for the first night.  After that, it was a source of conversation with our table mates as to what was the added item on the menu.  I felt somewhat uncomfortable but we all made light of the issue.

With a separate section of the dining room upstairs, downstairs, or either...the people with Club Orange could be seated in that area if they preferred. It might work best with reservations for dinner for those who want the Club Orange section.  Otherwise, sit anywhere in the dining room with anyone.  With just a section set aside it would flow from Club Orange to non-Club Orange.    Not like Canaletto which has a separate entire menu.  Club Orange doesn't add additional diners, it just categorizes them as priority.

Hopefully, our next cruise will be on the Koningsdam which has a separate dining room for Club Orange but I will miss having breakfast in the Pinnacle dining room which is not offered on the Koningsdam as I understand.