The Daily for Tuesday Dec 1, 2020

richwmn

today is Eat a Red Apple Day, World Aids Awareness Day, and Civil Air Patrol Day

Jone's Law:
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.

Meal suggestion for today - Maple-Glazed Roasted Turkey Breast

Drink of the Day - Ginger Pear Snap Cocktail

Wine of the day - Michele Castellani Valpolicella Classico Superiore San Michele Ripasso vintage 2015

at Sea Atlantic
Nieuw Statendam destination Sint Eustatius eta 12/11

at Sea English Channel
Westerdam destination Southampton eta 12/3

at Sea Caribbean
Eurodam destination Northwest Providence Channel
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Panama Canal eta 12/3
Oosterdam destination Willemstad

Gibraltar East Anchorage
Noordam

Malta Anchorage
Zuiderdam

Panama Anchorage Pacific
Koningsdam

Torquay Anchorage
Volendam
Zaandam

1201Europe.png

1201Caribbean.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for the Daily, Rich.  Love all 3 days, the quote, and the meal suggestion is also fantastic.  My alternative is Chilled Coconut Nutmeg Soup, Roast Striploin of Beef, and Cherry Crisp.  as served on the Prinsendam December 1, 2013. 

For those who think Covid only affects the elderly, yesterday Maryland lost a 9 year old.

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Me and my brother

The nursing home on Vict0riann’s street

durangoscots, her niece, and niece’s daughter on the November 29 death of her niece’s husband.

Dismomx5's niece-nurse turning covid-positive

Mamaofami’s grandson awaiting Covid results

CrabbyPatti’s dad with dimentia

Mary229's sister with cancer

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Welcome to the Dailyl Sfopeter and

Occasional posters including segarsmokere trivia addict

Front Line Health Care Workers and support staff

Teachers and school workers

Cat Shepard on a getaway to the Keys

CDC meeting today to plan vaccine priorities

New insulation for Ger-77

Spring in New Zealand

Captain and crew of freighter Angeles rescuing stranded boater off Port Canaveral

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.  Love Red apples, especially Gala.  Will celebrate the other two.

The meal sounds so delicious.

Ginger Pear Snap Cocktail:

Ingredients

1 1/2 ounces vodka

1 ounce ginger liqueur, such as Domaine de Canton

1 ounce fresh lemon juice

1/4 teaspoon agave syrup

1/4 teaspoon peeled and grated fresh ginger

Pinch ground cinnamon

Pinch ground cloves

Pinch grated nutmeg

Ice

Cinnamon stick, for garnish

Directions
  1. Shake all together the vodka, ginger liqueur, lemon juice, agave syrup, grated ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg in an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.

Prayers and toasts for our lists.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask!

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all.

Interesting days, love the quote.

The meal suggestion sounds good. The drink of the day sounds good too.  Love Valpolicella.

We've got snow, lots of snow.  It started last night and will continue until tonight or tomorrow morning. 

Praying for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

We've got snow, lots of snow.  It started last night and will continue until tonight or tomorrow morning. 

Definitely, you stay safe!  Isn't it great though to be retired and able to hunker down!

Roy

• Like 11

Well good morning, Rich! You really are up before the birds! Thank you for today’s Daily! A wonderful combo of days.

Roy, keeping you on my prayer list. Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. It is a bit cool here this morning at 62, but nothing like the Northern part of Florida. They have a frost warning for tonight! We are trying to figure out what we will do today. Between the temperature & the wind, we might need to plan different activities.

Sometimes the person, who smiles when things go wrong, is the one who was hoping things would go wrong. The meal sounds wonderful. Looking forward to Summer’s drink recipe!

Luckily the internet seems a bit faster this morning, so I can actually post with not timing out. Looking forward to supper tonight at Hobo’scafe - they do an amazing grouper entree with a Key lime “sauce”.

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all we are celebrating.

Stay well everyone. 

Michele Castellani Valpolicella Classico Superiore San 

Michele Ripasso    2015

No winemaker notes for this Veneto, Italy red. But all vintages have very good to excellent ratings. This vintage has a price starting at $21.

#80 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2017

90 - Wine Spectator

This mouthwatering red is medium-bodied and expressive, offering lightly chewy tannins and flavors of sun-dried cherry, strawberry preserves and star anise, with pleasing hints of herb and mineral on the finish. Drink now through 2022.

• Like 19

3 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Definitely, you stay safe!  Isn't it great though to be retired and able to hunker down!

Roy

You are so right!

I'm glad DH checked out the snowblower last week, so we'll be able to clear the driveway, even though we're not going anywhere.

• Like 6

Good morning and thanks for the update.

The rain finally stopped and now it’s cold and windy. The county next to me had severe damage from the storms yesterday, possible tornadoes or straight line winds. It definitely was not November weather.

The meal and drink sound good , not sure  what to make , possibly chili and rice.

Going to see a poinsettia and water show at a local greenhouse this afternoon. They do a fantastic show every year with a different theme. This year they require reservations and masks at all times.They always have free hot dogs with homemade relish as a treat.

Im hoping they still have them😀

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 14

Good morning Rich and Callie. (I have a surprise in a minute) Thank you so much for our Daily.

Thanks to everyone who adds something new each morning.

Roy I am sure you have felt the goodness and prayers coming into your heart. Praying for healing of a relationship with your brother.

Ann! So great to hear from you sister. It sounds like you are down in the Keys at a pretty chilly time. Although you would not like to be kayaking on Georgetown Lake this morning. It is 27 degrees!! XX

Denise, how are you doing? I have a sympathy thumb injury with you. I jammed my right thumb on the patio brick last night putting up plants to cover them. Love to you and David.

So, my surprise is: We have an appointment this morning to meet a kitty at the shelter! There are 3 kitty's that are 3 mos old. One is Baby, an adorable calico. We are so excited! We are leaving early and going to the pet store to buy her everything she needs and might want! Please pray all goes well and we have her home this afternoon!

Sending blessings out to all on our prayer list. And hoping to raise a toast tonight to our new member and boss of our home!

• Like 20

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Love the combination of days and the quote.  Too good!

The meal suggestion sounds wonderful as does @summer slopedescription of the Drink of the Day. 

@puppycanducruise & @ski ww sorry about all your snow and digging yourselves out.  Don’t overdo.

@Seasick Sailorhow wonderful.  A new kitten!  Thank you for giving a home to an animal in need ❤️   In honour of your new family member:

311B3BCB-45BD-46CA-A73C-54A68776785E.thumb.jpeg.100e2d18584d40840088965aa682c6be.jpeg

It’s pouring here and very windy.  So windy that the lid of my compost bin was blown open this morning.  But at least it’s not snow 😉   

D76978AF-F348-4AE5-B376-41F775A033BF.thumb.jpeg.ec0a04f30a3b6e1d8c632bc112a358c0.jpeg

Prayers to those on Roy’s Care list & those that need them and a toast to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.  

Have a great Tuesday, everyone.  Stay safe & please don’t forget your masks 😷.

• Like 20
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, YXU AC*SE said:

Is Hwy 21 closed already ?    🙂       Scott.  

No, I don't think so.  But I wouldn't want to drive on it today.

School buses are cancelled.

I walked Bertie this morning.  You could barely tell that the sidewalk plow had been along it had already drifted in.  He loved it! 

• Like 11

Hi all!  Heading out soon for my hair salon for my regular appointment.  I really need a cut this month so will go a couple inches shorter.

Last night before going to bed I glanced out the window and in the glare from the streetlight, saw snow flurries blowing sideways.  It was just a small patch of moisture left over from the weekend storm, and the temp was about 32F.  This morning it was a few degrees colder than that.  Brrr!

In honor of "winter" arriving here yesterday, here is another cross stitch stocking I made for my son.  My son-in-law requested the same one so this is the only duplicate I've made.  Dad, kids, dogs, Christmas tree and snowman...what's not to like??

enhance

• Like 28

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Well good morning, Rich! You really are up before the birds! Thank you for today’s Daily! A wonderful combo of days.

Sometimes when you have pets (or they have you) they determine what time you wake up - not you!

56 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Rich and Callie. (I have a surprise in a minute) Thank you so much for our Daily.

Thanks to everyone who adds something new each morning.

Right after I read this, Callie jumped up and checked out the screen

Today I have a different helper

20201201_090535.jpg

• Like 19
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Sometimes when you have pets (or they have you) they determine what time you wake up - not you!

Right after I read this, Callie jumped up and checked out the screen

Today I have a different helper

20201201_090535.jpg

How sweet! You have several very hard working helpers there Rich!

• Like 7

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I'm late to the party today - I actually slept in for a change!  A great number of things to honor today, especially World Aids Awareness Day.  Although we don't have a civil air patrol here, I know they do lifesaving work - kudos to them.

@rafinmdyou really made me laugh to see my name on the celebration list because we got new insulation!   Thanks for that, a great way to start my day.

@Seasick Sailorso happy you're giving a shelter pet a home - I'm sure the new kitten will get lots of love!

Yesterday was a clean up around the house day where we both tackled some of things we've collected over the years and determined if we really needed them or not.  Before placing them in the donation box, I took photos so we would always have a record of them if we wanted to check them out. 

I love the menu suggestions for today - I could eat turkey every day, I'm sure, but DH prefers otherwise.  LOL   I'm putting fixings for stew in the crock pot and setting it to cook for the day; along with a side salad and maybe fresh buns, that will be what's gracing our dinner table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Clinking the glasses tonight to toast all on the celebration list.  Be safe, stay well, wash your hands and wear your mask.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 17

Good morning all on a snowy day in Southern Ontario.  DH is shovelling for the second time already and it's still snowing.   Love the quote and the meal suggestion.   I would order the drink, not make it as it has too many ingredients.  My thoughts are with all those on Roy’s list and a shout out to those on the celebration list.  As always, thanks to Rich.   A memory popped up on FB this morning.  Quite the opposite of today, we took our family on a Disney cruise.  I am sharing a beautiful Caribbean sunset.

72193124-DA25-44A4-8E23-069296457F20.jpeg

• Like 18

Good morning all. We have snow too but not as much as the ontarioans east of us and along Lake Huron. It actually looks quite lovely since I don’t have to go out. Christmas baking done and much of it already distributed to friends and relatives who would normally be visiting in December or during the holidays. Spreading a little joy around.  Be safe everyone. Windsor/Essex went into red control yesterday so we are not going out unless absolutely necessary. Limited to 5 gathering inside so no family Christmas unless we move back to orange. Two of our hospitals have outbreaks. One is a rehab hospital and not taking new patients, the other has the outbreak on a floor that has 10% of our beds for after surgery, etc. We may see cancellation of elective surgeries again.

C935F56D-699C-4110-BB97-1900A238D4E9.jpeg

92DF4B9C-ECD8-4ADD-8CFC-994BF7D0B5F1.jpeg

• Like 22