What do you think the odds are that they will require.....

Shippy

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

So your government doesn't care about the six months of data that already exists.  

I think the Pfizer study monitored for symptomatic cases, and not for asymptomatic infections.  The data does not tell us if vaccinated people who do not get sick (but could still acquire an undetected low level asymptomatic infection) can spread Covid or not.

• Like 4

Just to clarify....I doubt anyone is saying we are "too good" to wear a mask or we don't care about others. My group simply feels that when paying full price, they want the full experience. In the meantime, private charters are a viable option.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Just to clarify....I doubt anyone is saying we are "too good" to wear a mask or we don't care about others. My group simply feels that when paying full price, they want the full experience. In the meantime, private charters are a viable option.

Maybe for a group paying six figures but not for the rest of us!!!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

Maybe for a group paying six figures but not for the rest of us!!!

A private charter can be had for much less than that....it all depends on the size of the boat. You can actually get something in the range of $1,000 - $1,500 per night, per person. This is similar to a Regent cruise and certainly you all have this as an option. Don't think BELOW DECK, think more of a 60 - 80 footer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ladys Mom said:

Given some of the countries we are traveling to, potentially, we can either wear masks and social distance or risk getting ill because they have not eliminated the pandemic.

I agree. Also particularly in Asia mask wearing to prevent infection common place and unless this pandemic is totally eradicated we may be encouraged to wear masks when off the ship not only to protect ourselves but to be culturally aware and respectful. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pcardad said:

A private charter can be had for much less than that....it all depends on the size of the boat. You can actually get something in the range of $1,000 - $1,500 per night, per person. This is similar to a Regent cruise and certainly you all have this as an option. Don't think BELOW DECK, think more of a 60 - 80 footer.

I assume that besides meeting the per diem, this would also require the appropriate number of like minded people sailing at the same time to fill the ship?  Or can you participate in a "private charter" without being part of a large group of the appropriate size?

A private charter typically has a fee for the ship....you can put as many people on as it sleeps. 4 cabins = 8 people.....same price as 5 or 6 or whatever. You can charter and go alone if you want. Even the Regent ships are available for charter from time to time if you have 700 friends.

Yes, that is what I thought.  But I did not realize you were talking as few as 4 cabins/8 people.  Still, a couple would need to find some similarly inclined friends or that $1,000/$1,500 per diem would be $4,000/$6,000.  That is well above my pain threshold.

14 hours ago, SusieQft said:

Yes, that is what I thought.  But I did not realize you were talking as few as 4 cabins/8 people.  Still, a couple would need to find some similarly inclined friends or that $1,000/$1,500 per diem would be $4,000/$6,000.  That is well above my pain threshold.

Ours too! We are not wealthy like many cruisers. We use military/senior discounts/deals credit card rewards and anything else I can find to be able to cruise. I scrimp and save for our 3-4 cruises a year and take the cheaper cabins. Also we do not run up huge drink tabs on board. We take few shore excursions and use private vendor tours with shared expense. That is why we are concerned about cruise line mandated tours at high prices? 

A private chartered yacht would be wonderful except no swimming pool and no Trivia!! A small cruise ship with maybe 100 people and a pool would be ideal for us. Similar to the river ships in Europe. We had an idyllic Christmas Market cruise on the Danube 4 years ago. 

I am not trying to sell a private yacht charter - just saying that for my people (and probably a good many others) it is a viable option.

Respectfully, anyone sailing on Regent is going to be considered wealthy by 99.9% of the world's population.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I am not trying to sell a private yacht charter - just saying that for my people (and probably a good many others) it is a viable option.

Respectfully, anyone sailing on Regent is going to be considered wealthy by 99.9% of the world's population.

That is why we have never cruised on Regent or any of the other 1% cruise lines! No matter, we all have our niche in society I guess. I just wish I had one like you and your group!!!   HA!! HA!!  😁

9 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

That is why we have never cruised on Regent or any of the other 1% cruise lines! No matter, we all have our niche in society I guess. I just wish I had one like you and your group!!!   HA!! HA!!  😁

If you do not sail, or intend to sail, on Regent, then I am wondering why you chose to follow this role call??

• Like 2

Just now, JAG2003 said:

If you do not sail, or intend to sail, on Regent, then I am wondering why you chose to follow this role call??

I think you are confused. This is a thread concerning the possibility of cruise lines requiring vaccines to cruise. Nothing to do with Regent specifically.

Just now, gmjc2 said:

I think you are confused. This is a thread concerning the possibility of cruise lines requiring vaccines to cruise. Nothing to do with Regent specifically.

Ah, my apologies.  I thought it was specific to Regent.  

1 minute ago, Pcardad said:

IDC who posts here personally but it is in the Regent section.

What do you think the odds are that they will require.....

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Shippy,
December 3 in Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Most confusing as this thread comes to my e.mail as concerning the topic at the top of this page which does not mention Regent at all. I am sure the other posters are not all Regent cruisers either but if you want to keep it exclusive I will remove my following.

13 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

Most confusing as this thread comes to my e.mail as concerning the topic at the top of this page which does not mention Regent at all. I am sure the other posters are not all Regent cruisers either but if you want to keep it exclusive I will remove my following.

I am not big on exclusivity - you are most welcome!