What do you think the odds are that they will require.....

Shippy

Potential COVID-19 Vaccine Prioritization Opens in new window  I'm not quite sure where "TNR" got their information regarding the expected/scheduled vaccination timelines in AZ, but here is the currently published schedule for Covid vaccinations in Arizona's Maricopa County....the state's largest and most populous county (where Phoenix is located).  Adults who are 65 and older are in group "1C", with vaccinations projected to occur between Dec 2020 - Spring 2021.

DW, myself, and another couple are booked on a "Mariner" cruise departing in Dec '21, and we're all very confident that we will have completed our 2-shot vaccination well before we set sail next Christmas.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, fizzy said:

Although I can't figure out the specifics, there is a thread on the Cunard board where people are discussing what seem to be Cunard health restrictions on pre-existing conditions and I wonder if other lines will be soon following suit.

I've been told that those in the USA who want it will have it by the end of June. Sources are 2 doctors and a friend in the military on the Task Force who was sharing what was told to the medical community (not restricted info). We will see if it is accurate.

On 12/19/2020 at 12:47 PM, 1982CruzStart said:

I am not sure why everyone is being so over the top regarding this question. Rachel has been very upfront about her profession and as this poster doesn't regularly read Regent but is interested in the topic he/she innocently asked the question. Rachel is a practicing medical doctor. 

Thank you! I do not know why these people are over reacting to my question either! As for whining, well if concern and interest are whining so be it!!  Lets be civil to each other posters!!

• Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 10:43 AM, rcandkc said:

Of course I have no inside information, but I think those of us over 65 with risk factors will definitely be able to get vaccinated before November. I’m getting worried about our 5/31 cruise though.  

Texas came out with their next phase today; anyone over 65 or with any of a number of co-morbidities can  get vaccinated in the next phase; I am thinking mid-January for Arlene and me.

9 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

No idea unfortunately....this is just a guess. I have told my people not to plan on going though.

I think, at this stage, Regent will not sail until July 1 and they will require vaccines.  Again, just personal opinion.

Always look forward to your wise personal opinions; do you have an opinion on the future of the "R" ships with NCLH?  How about Navigator?

On 12/20/2020 at 9:18 AM, pingpong1 said:

Potential COVID-19 Vaccine Prioritization Opens in new window  I'm not quite sure where "TNR" got their information regarding the expected/scheduled vaccination timelines in AZ, but here is the currently published schedule for Covid vaccinations in Arizona's Maricopa County....the state's largest and most populous county (where Phoenix is located).  Adults who are 65 and older are in group "1C", with vaccinations projected to occur between Dec 2020 - Spring 2021.

DW, myself, and another couple are booked on a "Mariner" cruise departing in Dec '21, and we're all very confident that we will have completed our 2-shot vaccination well before we set sail next Christmas.  

Here in California they just announced the 75 and older will be in 1B, so I guess that would be everywhere.

13 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

Here in California they just announced the 75 and older will be in 1B, so I guess that would be everywhere.

No, not everywhere.   What the CDC recommends is not what the Governors decide.  Just announced in Texas, over 65's is phase 1B so right after the medical people and in the next few weeks.  CDC recommends, states do as they choose.  Those are the rules.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Are you sure?

We are in our 80’s and waiting.

If you are correct, who do we contact?

Hoping you reply!

sheila

I heard the same thing on the news here in Alabama regarding what DeSantis wants to do.  I don't know if he was allowed to implement it or not.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

12 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Each governor sets the priorities for vaccinating his state. DeSantis has the right. 
I just want to know who to contact, here in Florida. 
Sheila

Sheila, I'm thinking you'll hear, loud and clear, when it is time.

I'm normally in Florida, so I've been watching the situation there while we're marooned up in Canada.  The proof will be in the pudding, but I don't have any faith in that guy.

• Like 1

I agree that it will be difficult to miss announcements for the vaccination.  I do think certain populations with less access to medical services, or even a lot of pharmacies, and the internet may require more outreach to ensure they're informed.

Do you have a county board of health?  That may be a place to start.  In my state, we can get updates for our state and county boards of health. 

Your pharmacist may have some information (Walgreens maintains a COVID website), and my medical practice keeps updated information on MyChart.  A lot of practices utilize MyChart to communicate with their patient base, IME.

We're basically following CDC at this time - I believe I'll be in the 1C roll out, based on age and health, and I have no issues following HCW and essential workers, even if they're young, if they're dealing with the public.   Obviously, this is all dependent on how the rollout proceeds and how many shots are available to each state.  

Nobody here in Canada knows when we'll get the over-70's tier started (and yes, each province will do it differently).  At the moment the existing stock of Pfizer-Biontech vaccine is limited to larger centres, mostly hospitals, and they are vaccinating health care workers and long-term care workers.  Some politicians too, but not many, including our Prime Minster, who says he'll wait until it's his turn (his wife had covid already in the early days; he may have had it too.)

The Moderna vaccines, which are just now arriving, after being approved a couple of days ago, are being weighted in favour of isolated locations that can't handle the Pfizer, at least in the early days of the program--the far north, indigenous communities, then presumably smaller centres.  Canada is, after all, quite spread out when you get outside the big cities.

If I had to bet, I'd bet that my husband at least will get his first shot some time in late January.  It's beginning to sound as if we could have gotten the shots quicker in Florida than here, but we'll see how that goes.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 10:05 PM, mrlevin said:

Sheila, friends of ours (and on cc board) have their appointment for next week to get their first doses; maybe Jim will pipe in on how it got arranged.

Marc

I would love to hear how they got appointments and which county?  I have tried the Walgreens website and it tells you to wait to hear from your employer or health authority. Our county health people are showing nothing! We saw the Villages elderly getting it earlier in the week so it probably depends who you know! Hubby is 76 and I am 68 with 4 high risk conditions so were hoping to be called by now!

2 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

I would love to hear how they got appointments and which county?  I have tried the Walgreens website and it tells you to wait to hear from your employer or health authority. Our county health people are showing nothing! We saw the Villages elderly getting it earlier in the week so it probably depends who you know! Hubby is 76 and I am 68 with 4 high risk conditions so were hoping to be called by now!

I'm sure so many seniors in Florida are concerned about when they're getting the vaccine, after Gov. DeSantis' comments to the press.  Everyone in the country is wondering 'where am I in line'?  Even HCWs are wondering how it all works, for themselves and their patients.

From what I've read, the Villages is also affiliated with a robust hospital system.  That may be helping, depending on how many shots were allocated to that system, especially if it has a robust cold chain system (for Pfizer).  And, yeah, to be cynical, not surprised a press show was held there.  Question is, did everyone at the Villages get shots yet? 

And, I wouldn't be surprised if the Governor's statements are a little ahead of public health planning in Florida.  All the governors are walking a fine line with prioritization, public comments, and what the public health departments and healthcare systems can actually deliver, especially in these first weeks.   Heck, in my state people were confused that our largest city was receiving its own shipment of vaccine, separate from amounts sent to the rest of the state, but that is the protocol across the country.

States did not receive much federal help to date in implementing the vaccination process,  again from my reading, so there's a lot of variation in what's happening, and how quickly.  And these are still early days.  I'm hopeful for February or March, as I have age and health conditions, but I think I'm in 1C.  And at that I'm fortunate to have access to internet, have a doctor, and am not in a rural area.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greykitty said:

I'm sure so many seniors in Florida are concerned about when they're getting the vaccine, after Gov. DeSantis' comments to the press.  Everyone in the country is wondering 'where am I in line'?  Even HCWs are wondering how it all works, for themselves and their patients.

From what I've read, the Villages is also affiliated with a robust hospital system.  That may be helping, depending on how many shots were allocated to that system, especially if it has a robust cold chain system (for Pfizer).  And, yeah, to be cynical, not surprised a press show was held there.  Question is, did everyone at the Villages get shots yet? 

And, I wouldn't be surprised if the Governor's statements are a little ahead of public health planning in Florida.  All the governors are walking a fine line with prioritization, public comments, and what the public health departments and healthcare systems can actually deliver, especially in these first weeks.   Heck, in my state people were confused that our largest city was receiving its own shipment of vaccine, separate from amounts sent to the rest of the state, but that is the protocol across the country.

States did not receive much federal help to date in implementing the vaccination process,  again from my reading, so there's a lot of variation in what's happening, and how quickly.  And these are still early days.  I'm hopeful for February or March, as I have age and health conditions, but I think I'm in 1C.  And at that I'm fortunate to have access to internet, have a doctor, and am not in a rural area.  

My hubby is a diabetic Vet and the Villages got in before the VA!  Money talks!!!