Question about Shareholder OBC?

trvlwrld

9 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

We purchased 100 shares of CCL stock...how do we go about getting our onboard credit for each cruise?

After you have a cruise booked, you have to apply to Princess, attaching a copy of your brokerage statement to prove you own the shares. If you go on line you will see the form that you need to fill out. Alternatively, you can send a letter that includes all this information. The form (or letter) have to be sent by snail mail or by fax. The address and fax number are shown on the Princess site. Princess has not been accepting emailed applications.

As others have stated they are accepting email applications. Just did this 2 weeks ago and my OBC was added to my account the next day.  You still have to email the form and the required proof of ownership.  

Edited by franktown
add

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

After you have a cruise booked, you have to apply to Princess, attaching a copy of your brokerage statement to prove you own the shares. If you go on line you will see the form that you need to fill out. Alternatively, you can send a letter that includes all this information. The form (or letter) have to be sent by snail mail or by fax. The address and fax number are shown on the Princess site. Princess has not been accepting emailed applications.

Make sure you block out your customer number for your brokerage on your statement. They will bounce it if you do not.

Have not used the 'official' form recently. Just faxed a properly blacked out copy of the page of our most recent brokerage statement and a cover letter with the booking number(s), sailing date(s) and ship to Princess. Sample below. You can probably also use the 'official' form as a cover letter, but I don't believe you can enter multiple booking numbers and dates for b2b's automatically on the form. Manual written entry could be done.  For the last few years the OBC was posted within a day, sometimes the same day.

Fax

Princess Cruises, Booking Support

24303 Town Center Dr., Suite 200

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

1-661-753-0180 (fax)

Ref: Carnival Shareholder On Board Credit

Gentlemen/Women:

Please apply the Carnival Corporation shareholder on board credit to our three (3) Crown Princess cruises listed below. Here are the details:

Name:

Booking Number(s):

Ship & Sailing date(s):

Proof of ownership document faxed with this cover letter.

Very truly yours,

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skynight said:

Have not used the 'official' form recently. Just faxed a properly blacked out copy of the page of our most recent brokerage statement and a cover letter

I don't even use a cover letter. I just write the pertinent information on the brokerage statement. I've done this for as many a 3 cruises at one time for a B2B2B.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, skynight said:

Have not used the 'official' form recently. Just faxed a properly blacked out copy of the page of our most recent brokerage statement and a cover letter with the booking number(s), sailing date(s) and ship to Princess.

Make sure the page from the brokerage statement has your name and address as part of the information printed on it.

On 12/3/2020 at 4:38 PM, trvlwrld said:

We purchased 100 shares of CCL stock...how do we go about getting our onboard credit for each cruise?

FYI...Make sure that you include a page that shows your address so they know it’s you that owns the stock. You also need to block out your account number. I once applied for the stock credit & failed to include my address & name info. 

I use fax zero that is a free fax service. 

Tom😀

I'm amazed Princess is still offering the Stock Ownership OBC. Hopefully they still will be when I finally get the courage to book another cruise.....maybe the end of 2021....of course, the Princess board may terminate that program on their next meeting.

5 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I'm amazed Princess is still offering the Stock Ownership OBC. Hopefully they still will be when I finally get the courage to book another cruise.....maybe the end of 2021....of course, the Princess board may terminate that program on their next meeting.

We will see. Optimistic Carnival Corp will extend the benefit when they meet. It's good marketing for their brands including Princess and other brands around the world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

There is no Princess board. Princess is part of the Carnival Corporation.

The stockholder OBC is for all cruise lines owned by the Carnival Corporation. Given it is basically a marketing tool that costs the company very little, there should not really be a reason to not extend it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Understand that Princess is part of CCL. ....................

...and I will be amazed if the board continues to offer the stock ownership bonus. It's nice, but I'm not counting on it for my planning.

I would be more surprised if they did cancel this program.  During this time it is imperative that they get the support from shareholders to get through this.  We don't sail with Princess because of the SB, instead we purchase the shares because to us it is important to invest in the company that we use and enjoy.  In some way we become both stockholders and stakeholders.

"Imagine how much stock would get sold the week after they cancelled that program.  Sorry but many bought it just for the OBC. "

Understand that. I just wonder how many CCL stock holders bought their 100 shares with that thought. Many surely have bought it for an investment, without much thought of cruising. I don't really know. Maybe someone does?

In any event, I am pleased that for now CCL is still offering that bonus. Princess also has an exceptional military benefit, which is one of the reasons I prefer Princess among the CCL stable.😎

Doug

14 hours ago, Potstech said:

Imagine how much stock would get sold the week after they cancelled that program.  Sorry but many bought it just for the OBC.

Not nearly enough to move the stock price. It's the big time investors and their computer programs that determine market moves, not passengers that hold minimum shares. 

2 hours ago, Potstech said:

Do you think Carnival cruise line wants to take the chance of a stock sell off?  I highly doubt it.  I do not know a single person who has bought their stock as an investment. 

While it was going up and paying a dividend (which before it was stopped was double what it was when we bought the stock), it was a good investment made even better by the OBC we received on Carnival, Princess, and HAL.

9 hours ago, Potstech said:

Do you think Carnival cruise line wants to take the chance of a stock sell off?  I highly doubt it.  I do not know a single person who has bought their stock as an investment. 

There are plenty of stockholders that have purchased CCL as an investment. Most are probably the big time players that move market price. There are about 775 million shares outstanding.

• Like 2

There are also plenty who bought shares just for the OBC. If just 10% decide to sell that is 77.5 million shares at current price per share. Can Carnival afford to pay that amount of money out along with taking a hit on share price? Not likely these days.