Europe 2021??

ckmommy

1 hour ago, rvlandandsea said:

We just booked Jewel Norway Arctic circle for the end of July 2022, great price for an aft balcony. Our October 2021 cruise, with Celebrity in Europe, great price with original 3 perks, may not go. If we can’t lift and shift same price for 2022 there is no way we would book with Celebrity at their new outrageous prices, even though we are Elite plus. Back to Royal as Diamond plus members. 

The July 26, 2022...I booked the minute it was released...so excited about this itinerary !

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bloodgem said:

We only cruise in Europe but until the vaccine is more readily available, to all European countries, we are not thinking of cruising in 2021. 

In the UK the first wave of vaccination happens on 08/12/2020 

Congratulations on the speed of the vaccine and that is without operation warp speed, who would have ever thought. We cancelled our Europe cruise for 2021, hoping to return in 2022.

I called Royal to move my Rhapsody cruise May 1, 2021 to October 16, 2022.  The cruise with confidence expires in April 2022 so they were going to charge $200 to change cruises.  I decided to stay where we are for now.  Will need to make a decision in a few months.

Pat

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

The July 26, 2022...I booked the minute it was released...so excited about this itinerary !

I can see why you're excited. That is a fabulous itinerary. I would love to do that cruise. 

• Thanks 1

I would have to say I'm not even confident about our Harmony cruise out of Barcelona at the end of September 2021. The only reason I haven't cancelled, at least for now, it is that we got such an amazing price. I will reassess in the two weeks prior to final payment and will certainly not be booking any air before then.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sellwingri said:

Maybe I’m an optimist but I think we’ll sail on our Jewel Baltic cruise in June and our Med Celebrity Edge cruise in September.  Not so sure about our Caribbean cruises before and between these.

Nothing wrong with being an optimist...I am keeping a positive outlook about my July 30, 2021 out of Amsterdam. My October 14, 2021 Canada/New England 9 nights not as positive about that one.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2020 at 5:35 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

We are booked on Jewel August 2021 for Baltic cruise. 

M8

If you are flying into Schiphol (Amsterdam) airport I would look into suitcase trackers as it is an extremely busy hub airport with a higher incidence of lost luggage.

We loved our Baltic cruise on Serenade from Copenhagen.

St Petersburg Russia is the highlight but their covid19 is high.

Cruises over 7 days might not happen in 2021.

I hope your cruise goes ahead and by your final payment date things might be a lot clearer.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, meadowlander said:

Congratulations on the speed of the vaccine and that is without operation warp speed, who would have ever thought. We cancelled our Europe cruise for 2021, hoping to return in 2022.

what? UK just  did the first vaccination today, and US FDA approved Pfizer. thanks warp speed, a lot more coming, 7 companies with candidates in Phase 3. 2021 will have billions of doses. work in healthcare........

Nobody from the US will probably be traveling to Europe until at least Fall 2021.  We are going to be severely behind other countries in vaccinations thanks to the government passing on further doses of Pfizer.  It will be summer before most of the US can even get their first dose.  

Working my way through all of the hotels, excursions, etc I had booked to get refunds before anyone runs out of money.

50 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

If you are flying into Schiphol (Amsterdam) airport I would look into suitcase trackers as it is an extremely busy hub airport with a higher incidence of lost luggage.

I hope your cruise goes ahead and by your final payment date things might be a lot clearer.

Graham.

If I remember correctly we had to place our luggage ourselves in a weird luggage conveyor capsule at Schiphol. Do they still do this. Also since you are in England any idea if ships will be sailing 10 nights next fall out of Southampton. Perhaps you have a crystal ball. Hee hee! Thanks. 

33 minutes ago, rvlandandsea said:

If I remember correctly we had to place our luggage ourselves in a weird luggage conveyor capsule at Schiphol. Do they still do this. Also since you are in England any idea if ships will be sailing 10 nights next fall out of Southampton. Perhaps you have a crystal ball. Hee hee! Thanks. 

No crystal ball but the main British cruise company P&O(Carnival) have cruises paused until April 2021 and currently 7 nights maximum.

Princess are offering longer cruises including 12 nights from Southampton.

Now we have started covid19 vaccinations in the UK and hopefully Europe start soon things could change.

Edited by grapau27

50 minutes ago, rvlandandsea said:

These cruises are showing on the RCG UK website from Southampton.

Graham

Screenshot_20201208_215122_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201208_215202_com.android.chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

Thanks for the luggage tip...Flying business class on KLM (a non-stop from LAX) and hoping to not have to worry about this.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Thanks for the luggage tip...Flying business class on KLM (a non-stop from LAX) and hoping to not have to worry about this.

You are welcome.

Hopefully you will have nothing to worry about as KLM are a Dutch airline but cabin crew friends said Schiphol was well known for lost luggage.

Graham.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

These cruises are showing on the RCG UK website from Southampton.

Graham

Screenshot_20201208_215122_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201208_215202_com.android.chrome.jpg

Thanks. We’ll just have to wait and see. I was so moved today to see Brits talking about their vaccinations. Your country has been through a lot. 

Johanne

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

Thanks for the info.

With the double points, we will be D+ after this cruise, if it goes. 

Watch out World, M8 would be D+!!!😂😂😂

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Haha 2

The UK government have stated that within the next three months all the "at risk" groups will have been vaccinated and that that accounts for 99% of deaths due to Covid19. Hopefully once the numbers are low enough for the health service to cope life will start to return to normal.

I have a March 2021 booked from Miami but do not hold out any hope that we will be allowed to go even if the ships sails (we live in Spain). I am hopeful that one from Barcelona in May is possible for EU residents.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, trvlgirlmq said:

Nobody from the US will probably be traveling to Europe until at least Fall 2021.  We are going to be severely behind other countries in vaccinations thanks to the government passing on further doses of Pfizer.  It will be summer before most of the US can even get their first dose.  

Working my way through all of the hotels, excursions, etc I had booked to get refunds before anyone runs out of money.

I'm sorry I missed all of the news about how fast countries like Spain, Italy and France will be vaccinating their residents, can you share any information that you have?   Europe will be far behind the US in vaccinating their population and will likely still be shutdown most of 2021.  That's the reason anyone from the US will be avoiding Europe in 2021.  Somewhere around April the US will likely have a vaccine over supply.  I also like the Monday morning quarterbacking.  Earlier this year people were questioning the wisdom of spending Billions of dollars on untested vaccines, now people are complaining that the US didn't buy more.  

In Spain we are being told that the most at risk will have been vaccinated within the first quarter of 2021 with the balance of the population having been vaccinated by the end of the third quarter. Having said that, currently 40-50% of the population say they won't have it.

19 hours ago, trvlgirlmq said:

Where did you get this information?  I don’t agree.  I think we’ll be cruising in Europe we’ll before the Caribbean.  Europe is handling the pandemic so much better than the U.S.  

49 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

Where did you get this information?  I don’t agree.  I think we’ll be cruising in Europe we’ll before the Caribbean.  Europe is handling the pandemic so much better than the U.S.  

Cruising might resume in Europe sooner than here but what country is going to let Americans in?  As of now there is a ban to most of the EU countries and UK requires a 14 day quarantine. I do not see that changing until enough people have been vaccinated here and in Europe in order for everyone to travel safely.