P&O Arvia Construction

Monorail Orange

4 hours ago, joeecco said:

I wish they’d do more Iceland trips personally and a few Greenland stops.

What itinerary’s would you like to see from P&O and if you were in charge where would you send each ship? Must be an Interesting job for that team! 

I’d like a return to the Black Sea.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, purplesea said:

Cruse Mapper have deck plans of Arvia

https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Arvia-2158

which seem to be same as Iona's

That's because they have simply reproduced Iona's deckplans and changed the name to Arvia. Whilst the layout will be pretty identical, Arvia will have some different bars and restaurants so the current one they have uploaded is not accurate.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, joeecco said:

Just announced. Arvia to sale the Caribbean. 

@wowzzanother choice for your Caribbean cruise next year! 

Hmm - pretty sure that she won't be on my shortlist.  However,  with that number of cabins to fill, the pricing might be interesting. 

Just now, wowzz said:

Hmm - pretty sure that she won't be on my shortlist.  However,  with that number of cabins to fill, the pricing might be interesting. 

And the later calls and more overnights, if that’s of interest to you. 
At the least it’s another option for you, hoping to hear she will be registered in Bermuda!

2 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Interesting, I wonder if that means that either Britannia or Azura won’t be going or 3 ships

I’d put money on it. I think they’ll keep Azura in the Caribbean with her plans to become a sun ship and reposition Britannia else where. Maybe they’ll use her for canary fly cruises that was rumoured a lot last year, or will they send her to Dubai. Or is Arcadia/Aurora planned to leave the fleet In Oct 2022 so will she slot into those types of Itinerary’s? 

We should do a little betting game with our predictions haha. 

One positive is that this will hopefully lead to a shake up of the usual same old itineraries for the other ships. Ventura’s planned cruises is looking very dull for next year haha! 

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

Wowzz, if you are happy to sail on Sky Princees, it's not a particularly large leap to Iona/Arvia.😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Wowzz, if you are happy to sail on Sky Princees, it's not a particularly large leap to Iona/Arvia.😉

3600 pax versus 5200. Seems a pretty large leap to me.

In all honesty,  we booked on Sky Princess because the October cruise was a sensational price. But, it will at least give us a chance to see how we feel about larger ships "in the flesh".

I suppose part of the reason that I am not much in favour of larger ships, is the impact that they can have on smaller ports of call. Cartagena,  for example, is a lovely town,  but the ambience is ruined with even 3000 cruisers ashore, let alone 5000. 

8 minutes ago, wowzz said:

3600 pax versus 5200. Seems a pretty large leap to me.

In all honesty,  we booked on Sky Princess because the October cruise was a sensational price. But, it will at least give us a chance to see how we feel about larger ships "in the flesh".

I suppose part of the reason that I am not much in favour of larger ships, is the impact that they can have on smaller ports of call. Cartagena,  for example, is a lovely town,  but the ambience is ruined with even 3000 cruisers ashore, let alone 5000. 

I never had you down as a tourism environmentalist wowzz.😁 incidentally Sky Princess lower berths are 3660.

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

I never had you down as a tourism environmentalist wowzz.😁 incidentally Sky Princess lower berths are 3660.

Yes, but the extra 60 hardly seemed worth worrying about!

I still can't quite fathom how it seems P&O have given us more info and hype already about the Arvia than they have on Iona. Which is built and sailing and tantalisingly close to having passengers on!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JP82 said:

I still can't quite fathom how it seems P&O have given us more info and hype already about the Arvia than they have on Iona. Which is built and sailing and tantalisingly close to having passengers on!!

Probably because we got all the hype over the last year or so and our vera is the new ship. There is a lot of info on Iona on the P&O website and here on cruise critic among other sites.

37 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Probably because we got all the hype over the last year or so and our vera is the new ship. There is a lot of info on Iona on the P&O website and here on cruise critic among other sites.

For a ship that is floating around in relatively local waters and is already on sale I would expect more info and pictures than we have.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2021 at 10:33 AM, joeecco said:

I’d put money on it. I think they’ll keep Azura in the Caribbean with her plans to become a sun ship and reposition Britannia else where. Maybe they’ll use her for canary fly cruises that was rumoured a lot last year, or will they send her to Dubai. Or is Arcadia/Aurora planned to leave the fleet In Oct 2022 so will she slot into those types of Itinerary’s? 

We should do a little betting game with our predictions haha. 

One positive is that this will hopefully lead to a shake up of the usual same old itineraries for the other ships. Ventura’s planned cruises is looking very dull for next year haha! 

Well  as someone who hates flying a big fat no to sending all the ships everywhere! A couple yes but not all. I like Britannia I want to see her stay in Southampton. Got a med cruise on her June 2022 so really hope it goes ahead with not too many changes.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Denarius said:

Looking mainly as a matter of curiousity at Arvia's deck plans, I noticed that she does not appear to have a library. Have I missed it?

Being somewhat tongue in cheek, I don't think  Arvia's the target market will worry too much if there is no library!  

14 minutes ago, Denarius said:

Looking mainly as a matter of curiousity at Arvia's deck plans, I noticed that she does not appear to have a library. Have I missed it?

I might be wrong but even though it doesnt say anything on deck plan I should imagine being the same build as Iona that it would be the same and part of Andersons Bar but I might be wrong.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, majortom10 said:

I might be wrong but even though it doesnt say anything on deck plan I should imagine being the same build as Iona that it would be the same and part of Andersons Bar but I might be wrong.

You may well be correct. But on page 136 of the new brochure a library is listed for Iona (in third column) but not for Arvia.