Surprise $250 credits

I had two $250 credits from "Royal Caribbean Cruises" show up on my credit card Dec 1, and I cannot figure out where they came from. Last summer we used the Lift n Shift to move one cruise (2 cabins, 5 guests) from July 2020 to July 2021. We also cancelled a different cruise (2 cabins, 4 guests) and received a full refund on the fare, but had them hold the credit for Cruise Planner purchases to apply to our next cruise at 125%. We have not yet applied the obc because as I understand it, those credits may be non-refundable if we end up changing the cruise we apply them towards. Our cruise for next July is still showing in our RCCL account. I don't know how to check that the obc from the planner purchases is still there, but the amounts would not match anyway. We don't have any other cruises scheduled or deposits outstanding. Any ideas where the 2 x $250 may have come from? I appreciate the gift from RCCL, but I am concerned it may come with an unwelcome surprise later. 

5 minutes ago, cruisinmommyTX said:

I had two $250 credits from "Royal Caribbean Cruises" show up on my credit card Dec 1, and I cannot figure out where they came from. Last summer we used the Lift n Shift to move one cruise (2 cabins, 5 guests) from July 2020 to July 2021. We also cancelled a different cruise (2 cabins, 4 guests) and received a full refund on the fare, but had them hold the credit for Cruise Planner purchases to apply to our next cruise at 125%. We have not yet applied the obc because as I understand it, those credits may be non-refundable if we end up changing the cruise we apply them towards. Our cruise for next July is still showing in our RCCL account. I don't know how to check that the obc from the planner purchases is still there, but the amounts would not match anyway. We don't have any other cruises scheduled or deposits outstanding. Any ideas where the 2 x $250 may have come from? I appreciate the gift from RCCL, but I am concerned it may come with an unwelcome surprise later. 

$250 is a deposit amount. When deposits are refunded they are refunded per person .

I would call and just ask for an updated copy of your booking invoices without divulging  any other information. 

8 minutes ago, cruisinmommyTX said:

Oh nuts... So sorry for the inconvenience. Those credits were meant for me... Let me forward you some contact info and you can send me a check.  🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

You think that is bad, I got 11 different credits totaling $1k+  to my CC.  Called RCL and they could not help me and referred me to my TA.  My TA has no idea what these credits are for.  Been over 3 months and still no one has a solution or don't care.

I've stopped following up.

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, cruisinmommyTX said:

Every time we get a refund from a cancelled cruise by Royal, they give us several refunds to equal the total amount that we paid. So, we'll get one refund for our port charges, & one refund for the insurance, etc.

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

$250 is a deposit amount. When deposits are refunded they are refunded per person .

I would call and just ask for an updated copy of your booking invoices without divulging  any other information. 

We have just booked Odyssey for 2022 and the deposit was $450 each. We usually cruise Celebrity and that’s the correct amount for the deposit. Should we only be paying $250 each?

6 hours ago, EZ1 said:

Every time we get a refund from a cancelled cruise by Royal, they give us several refunds to equal the total amount that we paid. So, we'll get one refund for our port charges, & one refund for the insurance, etc.

Yes, which is why I suggested that it may be a deposit amount. 

6 minutes ago, sandancer said:

We have just booked Odyssey for 2022 and the deposit was $450 each. We usually cruise Celebrity and that’s the correct amount for the deposit. Should we only be paying $250 each?

The deposit amount depends on the length of the cruise. At 10+ nights, the deposit is $450 pp. The  deposit for our 9-night Odyssey cruise is $250 pp.

Edited by NancyIL

18 hours ago, twangster said:

Lucky you.  When Royal refunds my deposits they credit odd amounts that add up to the amount they owe me.  When you have multiple refunds expected this makes for an interesting game to see what cruise(s) they are for. 

873650274_ScreenShot2020-12-11at1_35_23PM.thumb.jpg.46fd09ab107ee33b6680f05c91cb5ebe.jpg

Lol, yes this has been an interesting game. I’m still baffled that in 2020, almost 2021... this is the best their software can do. 

On 12/11/2020 at 5:54 PM, nelblu said:

You think that is bad, I got 11 different credits totaling $1k+  to my CC.  Called RCL and they could not help me and referred me to my TA.  My TA has no idea what these credits are for.  Been over 3 months and still no one has a solution or don't care.

I've stopped following up.

Thanks, that is kind of what I was hoping to hear from others. The cancelled cruise was also through a TA, so maybe that extra layer is causing them problems. Everything looks right on my end, so... thanks RCL! They'll get it back from us many times over anyway. 

1 minute ago, cruisinmommyTX said:

Thanks, that is kind of what I was hoping to hear from others. The cancelled cruise was also through a TA, so maybe that extra layer is causing them problems. Everything looks right on my end, so... thanks RCL! They'll get it back from us many times over anyway. 

You really should call and request updated copies of your invoices.  Just because it still shows in your cruise planner means nothing.  A cruise of mine that was cancelled over a month ago still is listed in my cruise planner.

On 12/12/2020 at 2:59 AM, yogimax said:

Why can't we access our credits online?  It seems like RCCL is trying to hide them, hoping we will forget.

Agree with you.

We can't do that with Seabourn (Rotterdam) either.

Where can I see my customer account (debits and credits, etc.) at Seabourn?

Has anyone a solution for this?

Do Seabourn customers from other countries have access to their accounts?

On 12/12/2020 at 12:30 AM, EZ1 said:

In Aug & Sept Royal Canceled 3 my Cruises in 2021, first time received 2 for $250(8niters) and one at $450(14niter) back as exact amounts in yrs. Related to repositioning ship changes not CV cancellations...