Celebrity email - Milli & Reflection to drydock early 2022

HS2BS

Has anyone gotten the email that Celebrity will be cancelling cruises for Milli & Reflection for early 2022? Just saw a copy of the email posted on Facebook.

Hal

Edited by HS2BS

9 hours ago, If only said:

How early in 2022 we have 2 cruises booked end of Feb & Beginning of March on the Millennium ?  We haven’t rec’d anything.

They didn't specify dates or specific cruises.  Most poorly written email I could have imagined.

But... my 27-Jan 2022 Milllenium was affected.

In the first paragraph alone:

A safe return to cruising is our goal....

Drydock in early 2022...

How are those related exactly? and if only there was an extended downtime without cruises in which to do some drydock maintenance.   

Dear Guest,

We are reaching out to provide an update on the status of your 2022 Caribbean cruise vacation.  As the world continues to work towards a new normal, our primary goal continues to be a healthy return to service for our guests, crew and the communities we visit.  At this time, routine maintenance dry docks have been scheduled in early 2022 for Celebrity Millennium and Celebrity Reflection.  Unfortunately, the time needed to complete all maintenance will require cancellation of your sailing.

We apologize for the inconvenience this causes as we value your vacation time and want to ensure you have the best experience possible on a Celebrity Cruise.  At this time, we would like to offer you the opportunity to be re-accommodated on another Celebrity Cruises vacation or to receive a refund. 

From now through December 28, you have the option to rebook on any other Celebrity Cruise in 2022 at prevailing rates.  If you choose to rebook, you will also receive an onboard credit of $200 per inside, ocean view, standard veranda, Infinite VerandaSM, AquaClass® or Concierge Class stateroom; or $400 for The Retreat®.  You must rebook a sailing of the same length as your original booking and in the same stateroom category to qualify. Please contact us or your Travel Agent to take advantage of this offer.   If you are unable to rebook by December 28, you will automatically receive a 100% refund to your original method of payment, for amounts currently paid on your reservation.  No action is required on your part to receive this refund.

You can expect to receive a refund within at least 30 days after your reservation is canceled.  Cruise taxes and fees will be refunded separately.  Please note, if you have already cancelled your sailing by taking advantage of our Cruise With Confidence policy, you will not be eligible to receive the rebooking compensation noted above.

If you pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruises, these charges will automatically be refunded in full to your original method of payment and will show up as a separate transaction.  Guests with air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be refunded automatically.  You will not need to call in to initiate the process.  Guests with independent excursion or air arrangements need to contact their tour operators and air carriers directly to make all required cancellations.  

First and always, please take care of yourselves and your family.  Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through these unique circumstances.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon for an amazing Celebrity Cruises vacation.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

Edited by D C

Thank you for posting the letter, but I sure wouldn’t be happy either as the cruises in the same time have gone way up,  my only thought is that the Millennium was just Edgeified earlier this year so this must be something that has to be done maybe bringing in more fresh air or something due to Covid 19.

Thanks for sharing.  Two things I don’t like:

- Book at Prevailing rates.  For anyone who booked prior to the new all inclusive rates they are asking you to book something different (and probably significantly more expensive).

- Allowing 2 weeks to decide.  Why the rush?  They have your money, what’s the reason for a 2 week window?

I lost out when they canceled my March 2021 New Zealand cruise.  I would have gladly switched to 2022 but there were no similar sailings and to rebook what was available would have cost me 20-30% more.

1 minute ago, RickT said:

- Book at Prevailing rates.  For anyone who booked prior to the new all inclusive rates they are asking you to book something different (and probably significantly more expensive).

- Allowing 2 weeks to decide.  Why the rush?  They have your money, what’s the reason for a 2 week window?

I would wait at least by my experience we received the same type of letter for our Edge cruise in Nov then 4 days later they came out with another letter that we could lift & shift.

52 minutes ago, If only said:

I would wait at least by my experience we received the same type of letter for our Edge cruise in Nov then 4 days later they came out with another letter that we could lift & shift.

While that has often been the case it's because many people escalated their disappointment on how they had been treated and convinced the company to do something better.  If everyone just waits, nothing will happen.   I agree I'd probably wait a bit but their deadline is the week between Xmas and New Years!

I'm not sure the arrangement provided is much different than the standard when cruises are cancelled for dry dock or charter more than a year out.   I guess if memory serves me though they do generally offer 1 or 2 replacement cruises with protected prices.  Maybe if enough people raise the issue....

2 hours ago, RickT said:

I lost out when they canceled my March 2021 New Zealand cruise.  I would have gladly switched to 2022 but there were no similar sailings and to rebook what was available would have cost me 20-30% more.

We have a group that booked 2-years out at good rates.  Quite the "thank you for your dedicated patronage" we're getting. 

Do we have the actual dates for early 2022 dry dock  for Reflection?  We lifted and shifted from Connie to late Jan  2022..so far no e mail???

We had a great price and wanted to use up our fcc...Now what? Getting tired of the games!..

Spoke with a services rep who found a memo. He said it only affects 3 dates for maint. These are:

Milie  Jan 27, 2022

Refl    April 16 2022  and April 22, 2022

(Suggest everyone  re-confirm and verify with X or TA)

Our cruise is booked for 10 night Ult Carib, sky suite from Port Ev.  We have a great price and allegedly we can apply our large FCC to  our final payment.

Something to look forward to but not banking on it at this point!

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Spoke with a services rep who found a memo. He said it only affects 3 dates for maint. These are:

Milie  Jan 27, 2022

Refl    April 16 2022  and April 22, 2022

(Suggest everyone  re-confirm and verify with X or TA)

Our cruise is booked for 10 night Ult Carib, sky suite from Port Ev.  We have a great price and allegedly we can apply our large FCC to  our final payment.

Something to look forward to but not banking on it at this point!

Of course. The ONLY milllie cruise is the one we're on.  Gah! 

So it looks like Millie will remain with X.

Sorry for the cancellations but at least it is not a permanent loss.

What have those impacted been able to work out?  I expect the  prevailing rates will be higher than previously booked  cruise rates.

That's what I was wondering considering it's being planned so far in advance.  It's only a week so can't be anything  beyond maintenance.

The Reflection is also way to short to do the full Revolution so I wonder if they will just do the required maintenance and some fluff.  Not sure that would be enough time to even do the Retreat sun deck.

On 12/15/2020 at 8:00 AM, If only said:

Was that a "we're shuffling the ships"  cancellation?     I would happily trade even-up for another Western itinerary instead of being bent-over for about double the price on a Reflection cruise 3 days later.

33 minutes ago, D C said:

Was that a "we're shuffling the ships"  cancellation?     I would happily trade even-up for another Western itinerary instead of being bent-over for about double the price on a Reflection cruise 3 days later.

Yes, we were booked on the Edge for 10n & it was cancelled as Celebrity was changing them to 7 n & we were originally sent a out of luck letter then about 4 days later sent a lift & shift letter for the Silhouette 10n. 

Edited by If only

38 minutes ago, If only said:

Yes, we were booked on the Edge for 10n & it was cancelled as Celebrity was changing them to 7 n & we were originally sent a out of luck letter then about 4 days later sent a lift & shift letter for the Silhouette 10n. 

Thanks. Looks like I'll be calling X with some opinions on their offerings 🙂

BUT---You can still book cruises on Millennium and Reflection for early/mid March, 2022 according to their Web Site. If the ships are going dry dock wouldn't they take the cruises off their schedule?  you would think!

3 minutes ago, Pickels said:

BUT---You can still book cruises on Millennium and Reflection for early/mid March, 2022 according to their Web Site. If the ships are going dry dock wouldn't they take the cruises off their schedule?  you would think!

Millennium is going in dry dock only in part of Jan, as it has already been Edgefied.

Edited by If only

7 hours ago, D C said:

I thought that Millie already did. No? 

The update was not fully completed.  We sailed on Millie in Feb 2019, the second sailing out of the Revolutionizing refit and many areas were incomplete and some areas had not be touched.

• Like 1