Does Princess Ins Cover Credits?

HKM

I can't reach anyone at Princess Insurance to answer this question.  I have enough credits from cancelled cruises to pay for a new cruise.  If I insure the new cruise with Princess Insurance, will it cover the credit amount as though I paid cash?  I can't reach anyone at Princess who can answer this question.  I'm assuming it will cover the new cruise, since the amount I'm paying for the insurance covers the cost of the cruise, but I'd like to know if anyone has been able to obtain a definitive answer.  Thank you.

Good question. Let us know what you find.

If the FCC's were paid for I would think that when they are applied as payment they become cash, and thus would be covered. I also think that any gift FCC's such as bonus FCC's would not be covered.

1 minute ago, AF-1 said:

I agree with skynight;  FCC is like cash and when applied to your fare; it should be part of trip insurance.  At some point you paid cash for the FCC.  Cheers

in our case, with double deposit - our current fare is 50-50 - 50% cash we had previously paid and 50% matching FCC

In the past, FCC ‘lost in a cancellation’ was specifically not covered by the insurance carrier, as it was not cash. This has always been defined in the fine print of the policy.

As of the Covid-19 cancellations, Princess was covering some of the lost FCC with yet more FCC.  Whether you can count on that continuing to happen, for how long, and for what amounts is unknown, and unless you can get it in writing from Princess, do not count on it.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

In the past, FCC ‘lost in a cancellation’ was specifically not covered by the insurance carrier, as it was not cash. This has always been defined in the fine print of the policy.

As of the Covid-19 cancellations, Princess was covering some of the lost FCC with yet more FCC.  Whether you can count on that continuing to happen, for how long, and for what amounts is unknown, and unless you can get it in writing from Princess, do not count on it.

This sounds correct when you use the cancel for any reason insurance provision, but may not be the same when the cruise line cancels, as is/was the case for the covid cancellations. Need to get this in writing as mentioned.

I was not able to get a straightforward answer from Princess or AON. I was billed $39 for a 4/23/22 Pacific Northwest Cruise covered by FCC (OK, covers medical, getting back to SF, not insuring FCC) but the very next week charged $177pp for a 8/21 Alaska cruise covered by FCC. Apparently there was a change over that weekend so I tried to find out if I would get FCC back as FCC or cash in that I was required to cover it. Princess said ask AON / AON said ask Princess. Both responses via email so I forward all 4 emails onto to both Customer Relation Departments and still waiting ..... since August. Think I'll keep $39 one and NEVER buy insurance through them again 🤬

Following to see if ANYONE gets the answer or a better place to buy it (concerned about medical coverage & airfare ...... assume (perhaps incorrectly) that  taxes / fees / port expenses would be refunded no matter what)