Cancelled cruise after final payment

ranchette

17 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That Royal wants you to book multiple cruises and add more cash to each one. 

That might work for some of the people around here that take multiple cruises a year. However, for the typical working person and FCCs that have expiration dates, I think there is a good chance of people ending up losing their funds or forced into taking a vacation that they don't want. I think I will go for refunds any time that option is available.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That might work for some of the people around here that take multiple cruises a year. However, for the typical working person and FCCs that have expiration dates, I think there is a good chance of people ending up losing their funds or forced into taking a vacation that they don't want. I think I will go for refunds any time that option is available.

I agree with you but Royal is only looking at it from their point of view. 

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I agree with you but Royal is only looking at it from their point of view. 

As they should. I just think it is really important for people to not get taken in by RCI's marketing of the options and think things through. Though the company's IT department leaves something to be desired, its marketing department is much better at doing its job.... making money for the company.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It makes no sense to me that you can't apply more than one FCC to a cruise. That is YOUR money that RCI has. What am I not seeing here?

First off, the FCC is no longer your money, it is RCL's. They make the rules, policies, and governance of all FCCs. 

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

As they should. I just think it is really important for people to not get taken in by RCI's marketing of the options and think things through. 

Yes!!! By thinking things through, you will quickly find that most of the cruises working people can go on with kids are WELL beyond the 125% FCC. I have already looked at our soon to be canceled March cruise. All cruises that we would be able to go in in 2021 are at least $1000 above the 125% FCC amount. In most cases, they are $2,000+ over what our FCC would be. I am not going to pay that much more for the same experience. That is like getting it twice. I will take the refund and book CCL or NCLH. They are both within my total refund amount when we can cruise.

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And that is why if refund is an option my choice is easy.

I've only had one FCC offered issued. I took the 125% and booked an upgrade to 2022. I still have two 2021 cruises to be concerned about July 30th, & Oct 14th...and am hoping I have the option to make a decision by final payment date as they were booked so long ago I didn't opt for refundable deposits. At that time there was no question that we might not be making these trips and the difference between the deposits was crazy high.

• Like 1