Who's booked for September 2021?

HappyInVan

2 hours ago, HappyInVan said:

Here's an important insight...

You can fool some of the people all the time. But, you can only fool all the people some of the time! 😃

Like when a cruise line sells a cruise that will never take place?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, HappyInVan said:

You can fool some of the people all the time. But, you can only fool all the people some of the time! 😃

YES!!!! 👍

Spoken by a true expert on the subject. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/5/2021 at 5:17 PM, Ombud said:

Again --- post credible link regarding innoculating 'strippers and exterminators over seniors' (prove not just rumor mill)

Look up the term "essential workers". In some states they are considered essential workers.  States like California and New York come to mind.

19 hours ago, HappyInVan said:

YES!!!! 👍

AS the expert on fooling people by example you do know.

• Haha 1

YES!!!! 👍

• Haha 1

YES!!!! 👍

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Potstech said:

[QUOTE]

On 1/5/2021 at 2:17 PM, Ombud said:

Again --- post credible link regarding innoculating 'strippers and exterminators over seniors' (prove not just rumor mill)

[/QUOTE]

Look up the term "essential workers". In some states they are considered essential workers.  States like California and New York come to mind.

Clearly your conspiracy theories have no basis in fact or you would have cited it. Furthermore my region, SF, will have vaccinated most seniors in senior living facilities & staff by this evening. You obviously have an agenda to spread lies and unfounded rumors like someone else who comes to mind. You are clearly spouting odd rumors originating in some weird setting that have NO basis in fact. 

So provide a link that strippers & exterminators are placed higher on the schedule than seniors

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, HappyInVan said:

So much for fantasy!!! 🙄

What's the reality? This is why we may need to wait till September to cruise again...

Global Euro new cases per capita Jan 6.JPG

With smiley providing us with its very predictable dose of fodder, my day is now complete. The sky is falling.................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

With smiley providing us with its very predictable dose of fodder, my day is now complete. The sky is falling.................

Certainly is in LA where ERs are on bypass and ambulances line up for hours to transfer a patient to them

At least we're rapidly vaccinating up here

Edited by Ombud

I am booked for Hawaii cruise 9/25/21. I am lucky that my kidney doctor called me yesterday and told me and my adult son can get our first dose on Saturday. I am seriously considering pushing my cruise out to 11/27. I will sleep on it tonight and call in the morning. I am a retired  nurse and nothing is falling in place yet that would convince me that ANY ship is sailing even 6 months from today. I live in Texas and our Governor has been on top of this with rollout, other states have not been this fortunate. I really believe cruise lines are going to require proof of vaccination in order to sail on any ship in the future.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2021 at 8:20 PM, Ombud said:

Clearly your conspiracy theories have no basis in fact or you would have cited it. Furthermore my region, SF, will have vaccinated most seniors in senior living facilities & staff by this evening. You obviously have an agenda to spread lies and unfounded rumors like someone else who comes to mind. You are clearly spouting odd rumors originating in some weird setting that have NO basis in fact. 

So provide a link that strippers & exterminators are placed higher on the schedule than seniors

NO

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ombud said:

Certainly is in LA where ERs are on bypass and ambulances line up for hours to transfer a patient to them

At least we're rapidly vaccinating up here

Please post a link to prove tha.

• Haha 1

We’re booked on AK cruise on Majestic 6/27-7/4. We’re a party of 6. One member got his first dose this week, he’s a teacher in AZ.  I’ve got an appointment for first dose on 1/23 (age and rheumatoid arthritis risk).  One member is a college professor who should get hers soon.  Another adult is just waiting to hear,  the other two in the group are ages 9 and 12.  I’ve heard that they’re only giving them to children over 16 or 18 - depending on brand.

Two of us are also booked on September cruise to HI on RCI, a repositioning cruise that we’d booked for 2020...

It’s always nice to have something to look forward to - especially cruising!

Edited by Jessejo
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Ombud said:

3 hours ago, Potstech said:

Please post a link to prove tha.

How about these:

https://abc7.com/coronavirus-in-los-angeles-county-cases/9442882/

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/01/05/953653359/los-angeles-ambulances-told-to-conserve-oxygen-and-limit-hospital-transfers

• Like 1

4 hours ago, caribill said:

Thanks,

Pretty grim, but predictable. Playing out across the country. Any half wit with internet access should know this. 🙄

Don't see how anyone can expect cruises to resume till covid is under control???

Edited by HappyInVan

a couple of Publix ( Florida ) have started the shots - not 'ours' yet, but that is where we got our flu shots - and got a $ 20 Publix gift card which was promptly spent on a bottle of wine that we drank that night

Score !!

• Like 2

Since the topic heading was asking who is booked in September, 2021. We are booked on two Southampton round trips on the Regal Princess. We have had the 14 day Baltic Heritage cruise departing September 4 booked for quite a while. We just booked the 24 day Canadian Adventure departing September 18 after our April and May cruises were cancelled.

Like many people, we have been building a history of booked and cancelled cruises.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, billco said:

Like many people, we have been building a history of booked and cancelled cruises.

My advise is to sit tight. Keep your bookings sparse. Don't hand cash to the cruise companies until covid is really under control.

Eventually, we will get our vax. Where possible, do an antibody test before you travel. To check that the antibodies are still active in your body.

Keep safe.

On 1/4/2021 at 12:51 PM, LHARTWICK said:

Is this for Princess?  We have a May 2021 AK cruise booked - transferred from our May 2020 that was cancelled.  Honestly, I hope it's cancelled - don't want to be one of the first people to sail.  I would love to move it to 2022 if we could.  We also have a CCL Sep 2021 and Dec 2021 booked.  Vaccinations are very slow in our area, too.  Doesn't seem like the powers that be thought through the logistics of it all - but it is a very large undertaking for sure.

Actually, Princess' policy now allows bookings made before 3/1/21 to be included in the 30 day cancellation with no penalty policy.  RCCL is still at the 1/31/21 booking date.

On 1/5/2021 at 7:41 AM, Ombud said:

I can understand incarcerated as they cannot socially distance from each other or guards who leave prisons at the end of their shifts and mingle with the rest of us. But which precinct is innoculating 'strippers and exterminators over seniors' (prove please not just rumor mill)

I'm assuming because their profession puts them in close contact with other people, and therefore they can more easily become infected and spread the virus.  It's all about containment.

My MIL lives in assisted living.  They have had several outbreaks of COVID19, and moved VERY quickly to contain the infection.  She's on her third round of sheltering in her apartment and having meals brought in by the staff.  In 10 months they've had 1 person die from COVID19.  They are very high risk, yes, but they are usually in an easily controlled environment, too.