Who's booked for September 2021?

HappyInVan

8 hours ago, caribill said:

What is the latest "sail by" date this applies to?

Seems to be 31-Oct-2021. Copied the text below from the Princess web-site just now:

"We don't think finances should affect decisions about your health, so if you feel ill and need to change your plans, we'll protect your cruise investment. Under our Book with Confidence policy, for bookings made through March 2, 2021, you can cancel up to 30 days prior to sailing for voyages departing through October 31, 2021, and receive your cancellation fees back as a Future Cruise Credit1. Your FCC can be used on any sailing that departs within one year of your original departure date or May 1, 2022, whichever is later. So dream big, plan away and rest easy!"

And ... for completeness, here's the link: https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cancellation-final-payment-policy/

None of my current bookings fall under this policy. Oh well ...

• Like 1

I’m on a December 8, 2021 cruise to Hawaii & hopefully it won’t be canceled. 

There is a lot of hurdles that all cruise lines must go through:

1. Getting the crew back onboard...The crew also have hoops to go through. 

2. Test cruises with crew only
3. Test cruises with some passengers

4. Approval by the CDC

The CDC first has to allow these test cruises. 

I regularly follow 2 YouTube sites & even tho there are cruise ships in the US, some here in California, there has been no requests made by any cruise line for these test cruises to start. They also have to get the crew back & that’s another challenge. 

I also know someone in the Princess entertainment staff & they won’t know anything until the end of March 2021. 

I’ll post anything on CC if I hear anything important. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Seems to be 31-Oct-2021. Copied the text below from the Princess web-site just now:

"We don't think finances should affect decisions about your health, so if you feel ill and need to change your plans, we'll protect your cruise investment. Under our Book with Confidence policy, for bookings made through March 2, 2021, you can cancel up to 30 days prior to sailing for voyages departing through October 31, 2021, and receive your cancellation fees back as a Future Cruise Credit1. Your FCC can be used on any sailing that departs within one year of your original departure date or May 1, 2022, whichever is later. So dream big, plan away and rest easy!"

And ... for completeness, here's the link: https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cancellation-final-payment-policy/

None of my current bookings fall under this policy. Oh well ...

Many of us booking for late 2021 and into 2022 may not be eligible for the 30 days prior to sailing cancellation policy, but at least most (????) of us have refundable deposits.  The decision for making final payment is individual, of course.

We decided to make final payment on b2b cruises, Tahiti and Mexico, that I was sure would be cancelled by Princess.  They cancelled both cruises in late October 2020, and I received the 125% FCC between 56 - 60 days later, which we used to book 4 b2b cruises in March/April 2022.  All the funds are refundable, or can be moved to other cruises, if we want later on.  

We are booked on the the Sept 4th 2021 Enchanted Princess out if Rome, Italy for 14 days thru the Med.   Hope it happens🤞.  Until this vaccine gets into most people’s systems both on the ship and land this cruise not to happen.   My wife just got her 2nd jab vaccine this week (1st responder), some flu like symptoms but after 3 days now back to normal, I’m due later March for mine.  

mark

On 12/31/2020 at 8:39 AM, Laurab23 said:

We are planning on booking the Sept11 cruise to Canada/New England.

Laura

We're on that one.  Should be absolutely beautiful.  The only big change we're making is that we're overnighting before the cruise outside of New York City.  This is more due to the fact that so many NYC hotels are housing homeless and there are reports of a lot of marijuana smells and begging.  A year ago, I would never have thought we'd choose Newark over NYC 🙂

On 1/1/2021 at 10:09 AM, Ombud said:

I'm on her the month before you (to Great Barrier Reef) and hoping I can skip ship excursions.  I don't need someone to hike or boogie board with me

I am soooooooooooooooo with you on this. We have very little interest in most Princess excursions - especially in the "usual" Alaskan ports where we have been multiple times. Even our Australia/New Zealand/Tasmania cruise (I really hope these sail) where we have never visited any of the ports before we aren't particularly interested in overpriced Princess tours that don't visit the places we might wish to visit.

8 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I am soooooooooooooooo with you on this. We have very little interest in most Princess excursions - especially in the "usual" Alaskan ports where we have been multiple times. Even our Australia/New Zealand/Tasmania cruise (I really hope these sail) where we have never visited any of the ports before we aren't particularly interested in overpriced Princess tours that don't visit the places we might wish to visit.

We haven’t done a ships excursion in about 20 years.

but if you are looking at ideas come over the the Australia and New Zealand Cruisers forum, tell us your ports and likes and you will get lots of great suggestions.

When is that cruise, I doubt visitors will be here before 2022, and even then the first cruises may well be locals only.

9 hours ago, Incognito1 said:

We're on that one.  Should be absolutely beautiful.  The only big change we're making is that we're overnighting before the cruise outside of New York City.  This is more due to the fact that so many NYC hotels are housing homeless and there are reports of a lot of marijuana smells and begging.  A year ago, I would never have thought we'd choose Newark over NYC 🙂

My friend and I meet in Albany the day before the cruise  and take a chartered bus to the city the next day.

9 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

We haven’t done a ships excursion in about 20 years.

but if you are looking at ideas come over the the Australia and New Zealand Cruisers forum, tell us your ports and likes and you will get lots of great suggestions.

When is that cruise, I doubt visitors will be here before 2022, and even then the first cruises may well be locals only.

The cruises are scheduled for January 2022. My wife feels certain things will be good by then. My thoughts are a less optimistic but we will see what happens.

1 hour ago, Potstech said:

Google " Strippers as essential workers"  and join the conspiracy.

Everything in San Diego County seems essential businesses to stay open not vaccinating. That's not all of California,  just 1 county of 58. Anyway good for a laugh 😅🤣😂

S got his 1st shot Saturday as Marin added teachers / childcare workers to eligibility list (1A: Healthcare workers, SNFs, childcare, 75+ then 65+). Sister got shot #2. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2021 at 1:36 PM, Deb24370 said:

Just been informed in the last 30 mins that our 23rd Sept cruise on the sky princess is cancelled  - disappointed 😒

Was that out of Southampton?

On 3/3/2021 at 9:36 PM, Deb24370 said:

Just been informed in the last 30 mins that our 23rd Sept cruise on the sky princess is cancelled  - disappointed 😒

I swapped our June one to Norway to that one 5 days before they cancelled it; tempted to try the October departure but so worried that Madeira might still be on the red list! Logically going for the March one....