2023 Insignia World Cruise

Cruise Wonderland

14 hours ago, Beaudeau said:

We're going! It's sufficiently different from our 2015 ATW cruise on the Insignia.  Looking frward to reviving the "Amnesiacs" trivia team.

Welcome aboard ... join us at the roll call at this link: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2770541-december-28-2022-atw-2023-mia-sf-sf-sf-and-all-other-versions-segments/

15 minutes ago, upnorthtravelers said:

Hi 

We are Dan and Carole and we are on the 2023 San Francisco to San Francisco ATW cruise.

Is this the roll call for that cruise or is the link referenced above now the 2023 ATW link?

Thank you.

This is the general Oceania Board, not a Roll Call.  I think the link above:

is what you are looking for.

Yes. It was on prnewswire.com yesterday. According to Bob Binder more than one-third of those bookings came from new to brand customers and 20% of the total bookings opted for the full-meal-deal 218 day version of the cruise. 

What I don't know is what percentage of the cabins are blocked for the ATW. They always leave availability for segment cruisers. Anecdotally, I have heard that as much as half of the cabins have been filled by ATW cruisers on past cruises.

Michael & Patricia

Plano, TX

2 hours ago, bob brown said:

Everyone see this on CC News?

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5873/

Not to be cynical (Me? Cynical? Never ! 🤣 ) but full might mean booked to 60% capacity if  a statement made by pinotlover on another thread that Oceania is maxing out its bookings at that level is accurate.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2771612-shorex-bubble/?tab=comments#comment-60771315

Edited by njhorseman

6 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Not to be cynical (Me? Cynical? Never ! 🤣 ) but full might mean booked to 60% capacity if  a statement made by pinotlover on another thread that Oceania is maxing out its bookings at that level is accurate.

Only a portion of the cabins are available for the ATW. The rest are held for the segment. It is still astounding that the ATW cabins were sold out so quickly. 

Michael & Patricia

Plano, TX 

Edited by mjobtx

7 minutes ago, mjobtx said:

Only a portion of the cabins are available for the ATW. The rest are held for the segment. It is still astounding that the ATW cabins were sold out so quickly. 

Michael & Patricia

Plano, TX 

I'm aware of that but it's not what I'm talking about.  Oceania is reportedly not booking beyond 60% capacity on ships regardless of itinerary....so neither the full ATW nor any segments could actually be sold out if that is true. In fact if they are reserving space for segment cruisers then the full ATW would be booked at even less than 60% capacity....maybe far less.

Edited by njhorseman

1 minute ago, njhorseman said:

I'm aware of that but it's not what I'm talking about.  Oceania is reportedly not booking beyond 60% capacity on ships regardless of itinerary....so neither the full ATW nor any segments could actually be sold out if that is true.

Pinotlover must have a great inside source. I haven't been able to get anyone at Oceania to commit to a capacity number. I suspect it is fluid. I also expect that the capacity limitations for the 2023 ATW will be much lower and the ATW cabins sold out in a day after opening to the general public. If things are not a lot better by then we are all doomed. 

The cruise is 2 yrs away 

The current statement on capacity levels was for start up after the pandemic

I saw an interview with FDR  he stated  it would be  up to 60% capacity   for  several months when they start sailing again along with  other restrictions until things are back to non pandemic times

So by 2023 it could be back to 99% capacity

No one really knows what the future holds for the cruise industry

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

The cruise is 2 yrs away 

The current statement on capacity levels was for start up after the pandemic

I saw an interview with FDR  he stated  it would be  up to 60% capacity   for  several months when they start sailing again along with  other restrictions until things are back to non pandemic times

So by 2023 it could be back to 99% capacity

No one really knows what the future holds for the cruise industry

That would be my assumption as well. The industry can't operate for long on 60% capacity. I expect the 2022 ATW will sail at 80% capacity, possibly more depending on the trajectory of the pandemic around world. By 2023, the cruise lines should be back to full capacity.

3 minutes ago, ORV said:

I'm curious how many of the ones booked was a redo for 2020 and 2021. It certainly seems like there is a market for these extended cruises. 

I don't know what the numbers are but I personally know several that were on the shortened 2020 ATW  that jumped to 2022 and some of them have jumped again to the 2023 because they are concerned that only Oceania shore excursions will be allowed on the 2022 ATW. There is hope that with time, we can return to normal.

Michael & Patricia

Plano, TX

after a few world cruises on the (no longer existing) amsterdam i have finally decided  book the 2023 world cruise on the insignia. i never sailed on oceania but i hear they are several notches better than holland america. still a long way to go - but definetely something new to look forward to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, michaelfl said:

after a few world cruises on the (no longer existing) amsterdam i have finally decided  book the 2023 world cruise on the insignia. i never sailed on oceania but i hear they are several notches better than holland america. still a long way to go - but definetely something new to look forward to.

I think you will enjoy it a great deal. We switched from HAL and Celebrity a few years ago and we haven't gone back. Oceania and Regent provide the best experiences and  most creative itineraries we have ever had. The best part of the ATW is the people you meet. 

Michael & Patricia

Plano, TX

22 minutes ago, mjobtx said:

I think you will enjoy it a great deal. We switched from HAL and Celebrity a few years ago and we haven't gone back. Oceania and Regent provide the best experiences and  most creative itineraries we have ever had. The best part of the ATW is the people you meet. 

Michael & Patricia

Plano, TX

thanks for the comment - sounds reassuring

I fully expect ( pray may be a better word) that all the capacity controls and other disagreeable protocols will be lifted at some point very soon. However, we don’t know when that will be. 

Can you imagine the bad will that would be generated if Oceania, or any line, booked their cruises to near max and those restraints weren’t yet lifted pre one’s cruise? After all the planning, work, and excitement one received a call from their TA saying “ well, the capacity controls weren’t lifted, and you were chosen to be bounced from the sailing. Sorry !”

I believe they’ll be booking to FDR’s 60% stated level for awhile until they get some new directions.

5 hours ago, michaelfl said:

We sail mainly on Holland but are going on more cruises with Oceania lately because of the smaller ships and better food. 

5 hours ago, michaelfl said:

@michaelfl ... if you have not read through this thread, there is a roll call started for the 2023 world cruise.  Here's the link: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2770541-december-28-2022-atw-2023-mia-sf-sf-sf-and-all-other-versions-segments/

23 hours ago, 2552phxcrzr said:

@michaelfl ... if you have not read through this thread, there is a roll call started for the 2023 world cruise.  Here's the link: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2770541-december-28-2022-atw-2023-mia-sf-sf-sf-and-all-other-versions-segments/

thanks for the info. i know these threads from my amsterdam cruises - always very informative. had booked various excursions with private companies through these roll calls.  its still a long way to go but i will join the thread.

thanks again