Ruby Princess

Ondine

On 2/10/2021 at 10:58 AM, Cruisegroover said:

I recently sent an email to NSW Govt asking what was happening with the police investigation since it has now been 10 months since it commenced. Here is the answer - 

I refer to your email to the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, the Hon David Elliott MP, concerning the Special Commission of Inquiry into the Ruby Princess. The Minister has asked the Department of Communities and Justice to respond on his behalf.
The matters raised in your correspondence are noted. The Minister is unable to intervene in police operational matters. These matters are the responsibility of the Commissioner of Police.
I have taken this opportunity to forward a copy of your correspondence to the NSW Police Force regarding the questions you have raised.
I can advise that the report of the Inquiry into the Ruby Princess has been made available to the general public at https://www.dpc.nsw.gov.au/publications/special-commissions-of-inquiry/the-special-commission-of-inquiry-into-the-ruby-princess/.
If you would like to enquire about obtaining a hard copy of the report, you can contact the Department of Premier and Cabinet at https://www.dpc.nsw.gov.au/contact-us/contact-the-department-of-premier-and-cabinet/.
Thank you for raising this matter with the Minister.
Yours sincerely
Briefings & Correspondence
Law Reform & Legal Services
9 February

My comment on this is I DID NOT ask about the Special Commission of Inquiry into the Ruby Princess. I asked about the police investigation Strike Force Bast so why they decided to answer about the Special Commission is pure government deflection IMO. 

And here is the reply I got from the NSW Police

image.png

If the NSW Police or the NSW government felt it was worthwhile conducting a police investigation into the Ruby Princess COVID outbreak, maybe the Victorian government or Vic Police should conduct an investigation of the outbreaks from Victorian quarantine hotels. The Victorian incidents resulted in many more infections and many more deaths.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

If the NSW Police or the NSW government felt it was worthwhile conducting a police investigation into the Ruby Princess COVID outbreak, maybe the Victorian government or Vic Police should conduct an investigation of the outbreaks from Victorian quarantine hotels. The Victorian incidents resulted in many more infections and many more deaths.

There was an inquiry.

https://www.quarantineinquiry.vic.gov.au

• Like 1

ABC's 7.30 Report had a story on the cruise ships last night - The Ruby Princess One Year On.

It talked to Bret Walker, a few industry reps and passengers from the ship. There are also statements from governments and Carnival on the website.

The passengers interviewed gave updates on what has been happening with them since their diagnosis.

NSW Government has said they have implemented all the recommendations from Bret Walker's Inquiry but other recommendations that require work from the Commonwealth Government are yet to be enacted. Mr Walker wasn't to impressed with the Commonwealth Government response -  "I have qualms about the Commonwealth Government or the state government acting efficiently, far too often it is depressingly not very good".

https://www.abc.net.au/7.30/the-ruby-princess-–-one-year-on/13260776

• Like 1

Just read this on the ABC site. And here I thought it that ended up in the shredder.🤔

"NSW Police is expected to hand a brief of evidence about Ruby Princess deaths to the state coroner within months, with an inquest due to start later this year." Source ABC

My friend David, from down here got covid from Ruby and was crook for a month. He in the class action. He still reckons covid was on the ship from the cruise before.

Will be interesting to hear the  police investigative report.

I saw the show re Walker report, he was pretty week I thought, going after no one. The teary eyed, sobbing NSW Health woman was pathetic.

Edited by NSWP

56 minutes ago, NSWP said:

My friend David, from down here got covid from Ruby and was crook for a month. He in the class action. He still reckons covid was on the ship from the cruise before.

It has been claimed that COVID was on the Ruby Princess on the previous cruise, but there has been nothing to indicate that the claim is true. No passengers from that cruise tested positive and if crew had the virus, it would have spread through the crew. That didn't happen. I do not think there is any chance at all that COVID was present on the previous cruise.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

It has been claimed that COVID was on the Ruby Princess on the previous cruise, but there has been nothing to indicate that the claim is true. No passengers from that cruise tested positive and if crew had the virus, it would have spread through the crew. That didn't happen. I do not think there is any chance at all that COVID was present on the previous cruise.

I mean even this days, even with all those vaccines arounds - there is no guarantee that you wont get it cause it will only depend on how hard it will hit you. If you are vaccinated it will hit you light but if you re not it may, and only may be lethal. So, I wouldnt worry that much 

Just now, Roger88 said:

I mean even this days, even with all those vaccines arounds - there is no guarantee that you wont get it cause it will only depend on how hard it will hit you. If you are vaccinated it will hit you light but if you re not it may, and only may be lethal. So, I wouldnt worry that much 

There is a chance that an infection with COVID could be lethal, but there an even greater chance that a person would be left with 'long COVID'. It is not known if the debilitating symptoms that some people are experiencing will be life-long.

16 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Why my friend believes Covid was on board the cruise before is that they did not board until evening, due to cleaning of the ship. Ruby sailed about 10pm,  6 hrs late. He also  said crew appeared nervous on the ship, like they were frightened of something.

Who knows? The people in the class action have a while to wait for judgement. Brandee from NY on here thinks covid was on board the ship before the ill fated one, does she not?

Edited by NSWP

8 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

There is a chance that an infection with COVID could be lethal, but there an even greater chance that a person would be left with 'long COVID'. It is not known if the debilitating symptoms that some people are experiencing will be life-long.

At the end of the day none of us are immortal, if covid dont getcha, something else will. Do we really want to live to 90 or 100 in nursing home? I do not, not much quality of life in those places.

Edited by NSWP

Just now, NSWP said:

Why my friend believes Covid was on board the cruise before is that they did not board until evening, due to cleaning of the ship. Ruby sailed about 10pm,  6 hrs late. He also  said crew appeared nervous on the ship, like they were frightened of something.

Who knows? The people in the class action have a while to wait for judgement. Brandee from NY on here thinks covid was on board the ship before the illfated one, does she not?

People can 'think' that COVID was on board the previous cruise, but there is absolutely no evidence.

It has been reported, officially and otherwise, that NSW Health delayed the boarding of the Ruby Princess. It has also been reported that crew undertook deep cleaning - we have seen that happen a couple of times because of noro. I do not see that either of these indicate that there was COVID on board and they certainly do not prove there was COVID on board. If there was, who had it??? No pax have reported being infected and if it was crew, the level of infection in that cohort would have been 'sky-high' by the time the last Ruby Princess ended.

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

People can 'think' that COVID was on board the previous cruise, but there is absolutely no evidence.

It has been reported, officially and otherwise, that NSW Health delayed the boarding of the Ruby Princess. It has also been reported that crew undertook deep cleaning - we have seen that happen a couple of times because of noro. I do not see that either of these indicate that there was COVID on board and they certainly do not prove there was COVID on board. If there was, who had it??? No pax have reported being infected and if it was crew, the level of infection in that cohort would have been 'sky-high' by the time the last Ruby Princess ended.

But was every pax and crew member tested for covid post cruise? I think not.

Just now, NSWP said:

But was every pax and crew member tested for covid post cruise? I think not.

They were not all tested. The official statement was that there was no COVID on the previous cruise. The only way there could have been is if someone (passenger or crew) had COVID (but maybe asymptomatic) but did not manage to pass it on to anyone else. I submit that this is rather difficult to believe.

NSWP - we were in the cruise before the ill fated cruise your friend was on.

We were late disembarking because NSWH boarded at 5:00am and saw everyone who had gathered in the MDR. We had temps taken, were spoken to by a Dr and given face masks. Took until after 11am to finish.

The thing that makes us believe (other than being on that cruise) that there was NO COVID on the ship when it arrived at the OPT on the 8th March is this; we have never been contacted by ANYONE - NSWH, NSW Govt or NSW Police about that 14 day cruise.

IF they (the Police) were serious with their investigation, wouldn’t these passengers (us included) have at least been questioned?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

NSWP - we were in the cruise before the ill fated cruise your friend was on.

We were late disembarking because NSWH boarded at 5:00am and saw everyone who had gathered in the MDR. We had temps taken, were spoken to by a Dr and given face masks. Took until after 11am to finish.

The thing that makes us believe (other than being on that cruise) that there was NO COVID on the ship when it arrived at the OPT on the 8th March is this; we have never been contacted by ANYONE - NSWH, NSW Govt or NSW Police about that 14 day cruise.

IF they (the Police) were serious with their investigation, wouldn’t these passengers (us included) have at least been questioned?

From what has been reported, the authorities are fairly confident (well as much as they can be) that there was no COVID on that previous cruise.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I believe Princess instigated deep cleaning of all ships between cruises after the Diamond Princess outbreak so that was the new normal at that time.

The Covid statistics at the time did not show any community transmissions from that previous cruise, and if a crew member had got it there would have been a huge number of cases among the crew in the early stages of that last cruise.

• Like 4

On 3/20/2021 at 5:27 PM, robncruise said:

I guess everybody can have a different impression but I did not feel that the crew on the Ruby 8th - 19th March voyage were at all  " nervous or frightened of something".   

As we boarded, I was very concerned that a number of staff and crew were wearing face masks. Alarm bells were definitely ringing, especially so that boarding was delayed due to deep cleaning until 6pm.

We were among the lucky ones , but are reluctant to book anything too soon.

I should add that on disembarkation day, our steward was very nervous about 'something'. I'm sure a lot of staff and crew knew something was very wrong.

• Like 1