Deposit refund on cancelled cruise

CCFC

My Christmas cruise was cancelled and a refund requested on November 4th. My travel agent then said it would take 16 weeks to be refunded, the amount is over £5000 ($6000) which would be refunded towards the end of February. Two weeks ago I asked for an update on when this would be refunded only to be told now it SHOULD be refunded by the end of April.

Is this usual? Who should I complain to if its not (I have tried the travel agent I booked through and am being pushed from pillar to post)

Can I ask for a refund from my visa card?

Help please as this is taking almost 6 months to get my money back. I also have £3000 in future cruise credits hence the request for a refund as I had 2 previous cruises cancelled.

Edited by CCFC

I realize it is a lot of money and a long time, but given how long it has taken Princess to handle some refunds it's not surprising.  You can call your visa card company, but since Princess is refunding, I doubt they will do anything.  

Several users who couldn't wait for Princess to process refunds and had their credit cards do charge backs are now looking at having to pay Princess back because they ended up getting two refunds.

I believe that you will get your refund long before the end of April. If everyone would just stop calling and emailing Princess for updates, they could spend the time actually processing the refunds.

I disagree with the above posts. Document the attempts you have made to get your refund and send the information to your credit card company. Anymore than 60 days for a refund is unacceptable. We had two cruises cancelled in 2020 both went past the 60 days waiting period and the c.cards came through.They have no right to hold onto your money for 16 weeks or more. 

My birthday cruise for two weeks ago was cancelled in Dec. They have promised a refund at the end of Feb. If we do not get it we will go to the C,card the first week in March.

@CCFC

Check the payee on your card account Princess or TA

Try and check if PCUK have paid your TA  

When making your claim on the card say that it is for service not provided.

-puts it in  a different category than a product purchase.

PCUK  sent my TA £150 to forward to me in Nov ice house says

I cant have it until end Feb.  Its not a lot but I have told them I will go to the

small claims court as it has been outstanding since  end September.

I didnt pay by credit card :(   still await a reply.

Was there a roll call for your cruise maybe ask others how their refunds are going. Back in March another refund took 125 days  that was  the norm then.

We corresponded with others on the roll call so it was a comfort to

know we were not being left behind with our claim.

Edited by Aulanis

I have had a mixture of timeframes to receive our refunds. First was cancelled in February 2020 before cancellations were occurring as we couldn’t see that we would go to SE Asia in September 2020 and was within the cancellation period to have no penalties. We only received the refund in August/September 2020, a cheque had to be drawn as we paid by BPay. The cheque never arrived as it was addressed incorrectly. We keep all correspondence and timeline. Thankfully 😅 we came across a very helpful person at Princess who found the cheque in a pile of returned mail. 

Otherwise other refunds was within 1 month to a week.

3 hours ago, casofilia said:

I have a different, but probably allied, problem.   I have received 2 x $100 refunds to my Credit Card.   I have asked my PCC a number of times what they are for; still no response!!

Did you use FCD s to book your cruise? Sometimes they are refunding them instead of reinstating them as FCD others have had them returned as FCC 

@CCFC

I don't know how it is in the UK but on this side of the pond, refunds were processed after the final date to submit the online form to request FCC which was Dec 31, 2020. So I had it 01/12/21. If I did not I would email:

Csteinke@princesscruises.com 

Kbaldwin@princesscruises.com 

No sense dealing with routine customer service agents. I just go to the top after waiting 5 months last spring. 

FWIW: I've had 7 canceled for pauses & redeployments. Last cruise was 12/2019 .... 1st cancelation was March 22, 2020 Grand Princess. I could see it in the port nearest my house, just couldn't get on 😔😷

Edited by Ombud

1 hour ago, casofilia said:

@dog

Yes BUT we have recently had 3 cruises cancelled, 2 by me and 1 by Princess.   That is why I want to know where, exactly, and why I received the refunds

By gripe is that Princess, and my PCC, will not inform me their origin and reasoning.

The same thing happened to us quiet a few months ago.

I worked it out that we had the two x $100 refunded as two of our FCD had run out of date.

I noticed that the ones to run out in December were automatically extended which was good.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ombud said:

@CCFC

I don't know how it is in the UK but on this side of the pond, refunds were processed after the final date to submit the online form to request FCC which was Dec 31, 2020. So I had it 01/12/21. If I did not I would email:

Csteinke@princesscruises.com 

Kbaldwin@princesscruises.com 

No sense dealing with routine customer service agents. I just go to the top after waiting 5 months last spring. 

FWIW: I've had 7 canceled for pauses & redeployments. Last cruise was 12/2019 .... 1st cancelation was March 22, 2020 Grand Princess. I could see it in the port nearest my house, just couldn't get on 😔😷

Thank you I will try that route.

I paid the money direct to the cruise travel agent so I should be free from a double refund. I had 6 cruises cancel last year and when I went for future cruise credits it was fairly quick. It wouldnt surprise me if the travel agent is sitting on my money but I cant see how I can prove it.