Positivity Thread!

ScratchTheRat

I started one of these on another board and I think it could be useful here too.

We're seeing a lot of negativity on CC lately and I understand the world isn't the brightest place at the moment, but we've come through worse and we'll learn from it.

So let's make this thread about POSITIVITY! I don't mean it's for hippies and deluded folk but instead just reminding ourselves why we're here, this is a place to share our love for cruising, not to gripe about politics of healthcare!

So let's start with.... what meal/food item are you missing most from your Carnival Cruise? 🙂

For me, I miss the fruit soups! 😄

• Like 5

CHOCOLATE MELTING CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!

I literally have it every night.  Which does mean I miss out on all the other desserts at dinner.  But after a full dinner and CMC I am just too full for anything else.  But I think once this is all over and we finally start cruising again I still will get CMC since I am unable to give it up 😊 but I might have a taste of some of the other desserts some nights too.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, nycruise1 said:

CHOCOLATE MELTING CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!

I literally have it every night.  Which does mean I miss out on all the other desserts at dinner.  But after a full dinner and CMC I am just too full for anything else.  But I think once this is all over and we finally start cruising again I still will get CMC since I am unable to give it up 😊 but I might have a taste of some of the other desserts some nights too.

See, this is a contentious one in my house!

We're British and our chocolate is very different to american chocolate. I guess you just like what you're used to? American chocolate doesn't taste right to me and so I don't like the chocolate melting cake 😞

The Teriyaki salmon.  And getting a burrito for lunch.

And most of all, those cookies they have out throughout the day.  No idea what they are, maybe shortbread, or some kind of butter cookies.  I've cut out all junk food and candy since October last year, but if this November sailing on the Mardi Gras happens, I'm making up for it!  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ScratchTheRat said:

We're British and our chocolate is very different to american chocolate.

Curious to know why british is capitalized and not American? 😉 

We love the crisp portobello mushroom entree served one evening on a 7 night Carnival cruise.

My fav Carnival meal is a 9 oz medium rare filet mignon in the Steakhouse, with garlic mashed and mushrooms.  I have it once every cruise.

As far as positive or not, I view most of my posts as being REALISTIC, but many will say they are negative since I don't proclaim to know when cruising will resume or in what form it will take, other than being changed from what we were accustomed to.

The vast majority of posts viewed as positive have been flat out wrong.  Look back at posts from May and June to see what I mean.  I realize many want to view the world through their own lens, perspective or bias, and will accept falsehoods as truth if it agrees with their opinions.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, joeyancho said:

My positivity:   I recieved the first dose of the vaccine and will receive the second dose next Saturday.   I am that much closer to cruising.   

Good for you!!  Now you just need to find a cruise where all the other passengers are vaxxed as well. Remember that even after being fully vaxxed, it is still recommended that social distancing, masking,  hand washing and other mitigation and prevention measures be observed.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ScratchTheRat said:

We're British and our chocolate is very different to american chocolate. I guess you just like what you're used to? American chocolate doesn't taste right to me and so I don't like the chocolate melting cake 😞

On a Behind the Scenes tour the solid dark chocolate they use comes in huge blocks. I wish I could remember where it was from but was a European processor if I remember right. I thought that was funny since cocoa doesn’t grow in Europe or USA.. 

2 hours ago, joeyancho said:

My positivity:   I recieved the first dose of the vaccine and will receive the second dose next Saturday.   I am that much closer to cruising.   

I just got my first dose 2 days ago and feel like we’re facing a liberation, can hardly wait to travel and visit again!. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

Does an Alchemy Bar drink count?  I love me a Caribbean Manhattan!  I know it's not on the menu anymore but the mixologist will make it for me anyway😃  Food-wise, I love the salmon on the MDR Everyday menu.  Thanks OP for a fun thread topic!

I love the caribbean manhattan too! So good!

When was it removed from the menu?!?!?

Our cruising origin story. My wife's aunt/uncle, who've cruised for many years, kept trying to get us to go, but we'd always say no. Finally, one year we gave in. It was a vacation I had never considered or never really had any desire to try. Admittedly, I still didn't want to go, even after we agreed, but my wife & son were excited, so I went along with it. If I remember right, it took me until night 2 onboard to get out of my "I don't want to be here" funk. We went to Epic Rock, loved it, and that was pretty much my lightbulb moment. We got home and immediately started planning our next one.

8 hours ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Really? How's it different, is it more or less sweet? Milk chocolate is big here in the U.S. I think I've heard in other countries, not so much. Hmm, does Hershey's chocolate taste different in other countries? 🤔

P.S. Well that didn't take long. No matter how positive we try to be, there's a handful of people who insist on turning every single thread into covid talk and lecturing anyone with a different opinion. 😞 Sorry, ScrathTheRat, it was a nice thought.

Edited by Organized Chaos

9 hours ago, ScratchTheRat said:

So much for being positive. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ScratchTheRat said:

American chocolate doesn't taste right to me and so I don't like the chocolate melting cake 😞

OP, you made me laugh by starting a "positivity" thread and then throwing cold water over the CMC mention.  🙂

Anyways, I personally miss many of the Carnival food offerings.  The fresh made pizza is great, as are Guy's burgers.  I also miss the Tandoor Indian buffet at lunch . . . but I understand the Tandoor is now gone on most if not all Carnival ships.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Calnev1 said:

OP, you made me laugh by starting a "positivity" thread and then throwing cold water over the CMC mention.  🙂

Anyways, I personally miss many of the Carnival food offerings.  The fresh made pizza is great, as are Guy's burgers.  I also miss the Tandoor Indian buffet at lunch . . . but I understand the Tandoor is now gone on most if not all Carnival ships.

There was no point in him doing that if he wanted the thread to be about positivity.