The Daily for Monday Feb 1, 2021

richwmn

2 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

@Cruising-along, @highland cruiser, @Vict0riann, @cat shepard

I have detailed photos that I take every year so I know about where to put things the next, but they aren't that good for sharing. One year I did take overall photos plus one of each etagere and took my time. Those are good enough to share. Here are the overall photos. I still have the displays in the first 3 photos - those in the other 3 were given away to other collectors when we moved. My year-round village and seasonal shelf (still have those) are not shown.

001 From Foyer.jpg

002 From Dining Room.jpg

Overall 3.JPG

01 From Foyer2.jpg

02 From Sunroom2.jpg

01 Overall.jpg

Oh the dusting.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

I'm a little late to the party today -- it's been a busy day.

February 1 is one of my favorite days because it's DH's birthday. We had about 2  inches of snow yesterday (despite all the wild predictions) and another inch of freezing rain on top. When we got home today from DH's daily radiation treatment, we found that one of our kind neighbors had shoveled our driveway! When I thanked him , he said we had enough to deal with. I love my neighbors!! DH said it was one of the best Bday presents ever!

Speaking of eagle cams, there is also one at the Blackwater Wildlife Refuge outside of Cambridge, MD. They have a pair that have been hatching young ones for a number of years.

Stay well, stay happy, and wear that "dam" mask!

• Like 12

Good Afternoon.

Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit.  I have never heard of this superstition before.  Years ago I was taught to say, "White rabbit, white rabbit, white rabbit" to make the smoke at the campfire go in the opposite direction.  It seems to work.

All this discussion of rabbit and white rabbit has brought back memories of White Rabbit candy that we would buy in Chinatown.  Always a favourite.

My snowdrops are up and blooming, but the remainder of the bulbs are just peeking through the dirt.

I have been thinking I need to add some hellebores to the front garden but the question is where to place them amongst all the bulbs.  Also will the deer eat them.

Val

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Cruise Suzy said:

I have detailed photos that I take every year so I know about where to put things the next, but they aren't that good for sharing. One year I did take overall photos plus one of each etagere and took my time. Those are good enough to share. Here are the overall photos. I still have the displays in the first 3 photos - those in the other 3 were given away to other collectors when we moved. My year-round village and seasonal shelf (still have those) are not shown.

001 From Foyer.jpg

002 From Dining Room.jpg

Overall 3.JPG

01 From Foyer2.jpg

02 From Sunroom2.jpg

01 Overall.jpg

Holy Cow!

• Like 1

Thanks for the daily.

This spunky old broad is enjoying a rainy day on the Oregon coast.  Got my walk in with light rain at low tide so I could see what washed up last night.  Lots of dog walkers. 

We finished all our interim steps for our mortgage refinance and should close early next week and save some bucks to put forward, hopefully, on cruising.

Prayers to those who need them and best wishes to all.

• Like 12

I learned to say “Rabbit Rabbit “ from a college friend our Freshman year.

February 1st a year ago was turnover day in Hong Kong, on Westerdam.  We stayed onboard and had a wonderful city view from our balcony.  We will not end the cruise in Shanghai but will now be in Tokyo.  Tomorrow is a sea day as we sail our way to Manila.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Marmot@Sea said:

Good Afternoon.

Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit.  I have never heard of this superstition before.  Years ago I was taught to say, "White rabbit, white rabbit, white rabbit" to make the smoke at the campfire go in the opposite direction.  It seems to work.

All this discussion of rabbit and white rabbit has brought back memories of White Rabbit candy that we would buy in Chinatown.  Always a favourite.

My snowdrops are up and blooming, but the remainder of the bulbs are just peeking through the dirt.

I have been thinking I need to add some hellebores to the front garden but the question is where to place them amongst all the bulbs.  Also will the deer eat them.

Val

Apparently the deer don’t like them, or so I was told in Victoria when I asked. I can’t vouch for it since we have no deer wandering around our suburb. 

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, superoma said:

Apparently the deer don’t like them, or so I was told in Victoria when I asked. I can’t vouch for it since we have no deer wandering around our suburb. 

I've never had a deer nibble on a hellebore...  that's what makes them useful here.  However, different deer have different tastes!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

001 From Foyer.jpg

002 From Dining Room.jpg

Overall 3.JPG

01 From Foyer2.jpg

02 From Sunroom2.jpg

01 Overall.jpg

Thank you for sharing these photos of your fabulous Christmas Collection.

• Like 3

Thanks for the daily reports, photos and humour.

@KirkNC have known that  "rabbits, white rabbits" are the first words spoken on the first day of the new month,( did so yesterday.)  Wild Rabbits are a pest in this country.

We are having another lovely warm summer day, 22 C.

Stay safe and well everyone.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

I don't have any with everything in one photo, these are from years past before I got the Santa blimp and a few other things.  Some years were smaller than others like the first and second photos.  Some years I really scaled back so the grandkids couldn't reach them as toddlers. 😄

small village.jpg

mountain scene.jpg

large village.jpg

village a.jpg

Thank you for sharing these photos of your lovely Christmas Village,

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marmot@Sea said:

Oh the dusting.

I use a soft paintbrush to give each piece a quick once-over when taking the displays down. Just wrap in bubble-wrap and store in plastic tubs. Did put everything into original foam boxes for the move - that's what takes time.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@Overhead Fred We visited Taipei in 2018, and were lucky to have a clear day.  The views from the Taipei 101 Tower were amazing.  Did you see the ballast that keeps the building from swaying too much?  When looking at the tower, it looks like it was built upside down.

Yes, the ballast was fascinating! Your views were better than mine, we could see the city OK but not too much in the distance. The shops at the top were also nice, so much jade!