Hawaii Tahiti 28 day 2022

Wavelet

Does anyone know when the 28 day Hawaii Tahiti rt LA will open up for 2022/2023? I realize with the pandemic, cruises are being altered or deleted as ships are sold/redeployed. I tried searching this board with no luck. TIA

1 hour ago, patrickmoran said:

Hard to say if P will go back to Tahiti. Carnival just sold the Pacific Princess out from under P and gutted P's Tahiti season. Still some Tahiti cruises from Australia.

The trip is not a Tahiti based cruise. It is a 4 week RT San Pedro cruise which makes an overnight port stop in Tahiti and stops at other South Pacific islands. It has been very popular in the past. Hope it returns for 2023. I would expect these 2023 schedules to be published sometime this summer.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

We have been looking at Sydney to SFO and Sydney to LA - April 2022 - they are shown on Princess website ????

I'm currently booked on the 2022 Emerald Sydney to LA 27 day, but already fearful that NZ & OZ still wont be open this winter for cruising, with Princess canceling the entire 2022 Australian season. But just as hopeful if Princess would/does cancel the 2021- 2022 Emerald sailings in OZ that they'd instead be able to schedule a couple 28 day Rt-LA Tahiti- Hawaii  sailings as a replacementi in 2022 (????) 

Edited by srpilo

Ordinarily, it would come out whenever the West Coast sailings are announced and those are some of the last to be released. I'd anticipate sometime in the next few months as I can only give a vague answer during these unpredictable times.

But in my opinion, I'm speculating this route won't be coming back in the near future. I could very well be wrong so I'm not putting this out there as truth. But Princess has shed so many ships already and the ships they have left have been redeployed to more core markets to fill those gaps. So this 28-day much-loved itinerary is more niche, in my view, and harder to slot, lest they give up something more critical to their operations for weeks at a time (such as the 15-day Hawaiis or Panama Canals, for example). Just my 2 cents.

16 hours ago, srpilo said:

I'm currently booked on the 2022 Emerald Sydney to LA 27 day, but already fearful that NZ & OZ still wont be open this winter for cruising, with Princess canceling the entire 2022 Australian season. But just as hopeful if Princess would/does cancel the 2021- 2022 Emerald sailings in OZ that they'd instead be able to schedule a couple 28 day Rt-LA Tahiti- Hawaii  sailings as a replacementi in 2022 (????) 

Hi srpilo - you mention ‘Princess cancelling the entire 2022 Australian season’. I am not aware of this, can you please advise where you heard this, the Aus/NZ cruises are still up on their website.  Thank you.

Vicki. 🙂 

18 hours ago, paul929207 said:

I am not sure if even the Island and the Coral can get thru the mutus on Bora Bora and Moorea.

All the Princess Grand and Grand Plus ships fit in Bora Bora and Moorea.  We have done the 28 day cruise on the Sapphire, Golden, Crown and Emerald (x3).  What the larger ships probably can't do is the smaller Tahitian and Marquesas islands but since HALs Zuiderdam can do them I might be wrong.  We are currently booked on the Zuiderdam stating Feb 22 for 35 day Hawaii, Tahiti and Marquesas R/T from San Diego.

One  small comment it is Motus not Mutus.

19 hours ago, paul929207 said:

I am not sure if even the Island and the Coral can get thru the mutus on Bora Bora and Moorea.

Unless there is something unique about those ships, they will not have an issue.  The Emerald visited both ports as did the Celebrity Solstice.  Of they are both tender ports anyway, but we were inside the port.

6 hours ago, Busy Mum said:

Hi srpilo - you mention ‘Princess cancelling the entire 2022 Australian season’. I am not aware of this, can you please advise where you heard this, the Aus/NZ cruises are still up on their website.  Thank you.

Vicki. 🙂 

No, I mearly referenced that Scott Morrison the Australian PM said this week that due to the slow roll out of a vaccine in Australia that he doesn't see Australia opening to international visitors this year (2021) and that he doesn't expect a satisfactory level of vaccination in Australia (70%) until the very end of the year at which time he'll be willing to discuss opening of borders. 

So I just surmised that if Australia does indeed remained closed til at least the end of 2021, that Princess might need to cancel the 2021-2022 season... Crazy Times !!

But Fingers Crossed it Doesn't 🙃

• Like 1

21 hours ago, paul929207 said:

We have been to Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora on Grand Class ships. No Issues. Bora Bora and Moorea are tender ports. Bora Bora has a deep water lagoon. What is a "mutus?"

On 2/1/2021 at 11:09 AM, patrickmoran said:

Hard to say if P will go back to Tahiti. Carnival just sold the Pacific Princess out from under P and gutted P's Tahiti season. Still some Tahiti cruises from Australia.

This year's 28 day Tahiti cruise was booked for Star Princess.  The sailing got cancelled early because Carnival transferred Star to P&O earlier than originally scheduled.  So, since Star was a Gran Class ship, Princess ought to be able to do another 28 day with another Grand Class ship.

I sure hope they put this back in for 2022. If not, then hopefully 2023. This is the cruise

that will be our "retirement cruise" . Crossing fingers it comes back.

I feel we have waited and it would disappoint me not to get to do it. Worse scenario we could most likely find another line that would have that itinerary. HAL??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, srpilo said:

No, I mearly referenced that Scott Morrison the Australian PM said this week that due to the slow roll out of a vaccine in Australia that he doesn't see Australia opening to international visitors this year (2021) and that he doesn't expect a satisfactory level of vaccination in Australia (70%) until the very end of the year at which time he'll be willing to discuss opening of borders. 

So I just surmised that if Australia does indeed remained closed til at least the end of 2021, that Princess might need to cancel the 2021-2022 season... Crazy Times !!

But Fingers Crossed it Doesn't 🙃

Ok, thanks for clarifying. Yes it’s certainly crazy times & who knows when we will be able to cruise again.

Stay safe & well. 

Vicki. 🙂

32 minutes ago, greenie082756 said:

I sure hope they put this back in for 2022. If not, then hopefully 2023. This is the cruise

that will be our "retirement cruise" . Crossing fingers it comes back.

I feel we have waited and it would disappoint me not to get to do it. Worse scenario we could most likely find another line that would have that itinerary. HAL??

Zuiderdam is doing a similar itinerary - 35 days R/T San Diego leaving on Feb 27, 2022.  I looked at that sailing and could only get guarantee booking for what I wanted.  I didn't want the drama trying to get where I wanted onboard...

• Like 1