Do you know if Royal is going to sail will full occupancy?

Have booked a cruise on Ovation out of Brisbane Australia in November  Does anyone know if Royal are sailing with full occupancy or because of COVID are they sailing at 50% capacity?  If anyone know I would love to hear

Thanks

1 hour ago, Aussie Jeep said:

Have booked a cruise on Ovation out of Brisbane Australia in November  Does anyone know if Royal are sailing with full occupancy or because of COVID are they sailing at 50% capacity?  If anyone know I would love to hear

Thanks

That would be Quantum not Ovation?

I believe they are sailing full capacity next season .

If our government allows it ,They might start trials in May and ramp up for next season.

RCG Australia had a media thingo that they plan to start in May.

We should find out in the next few weeks.

2 hours ago, Aussie Jeep said:

Does anyone know if Royal are sailing with full occupancy or because of COVID are they sailing at 50% capacity?

RCI probably doesn't even know and it may be a per sailing decision on how many passengers to allow.

• Like 5

Currently, in Australia you must quarantine for two weeks in a hotel before you are allowed to roam around the city- So if they do allow sailing- I would assume you would have to arrive at least two weeks prior to the cruise and quarantine.  Of course you will be tested multiple times to be sure you are covid free.  This can change in November- so who knows.  I assume the ships will not sail at 100% capacity for both guests and staff- perhaps all inside cabins will not be sold or cancelled.

58 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCI probably doesn't even know and it may be a per sailing decision on how many passengers to allow.

No doubt accurate, so the next question is, are they booking sailings to capacity (assuming there is demand to do so anyway, and who knows about that)? If so, who gets bumped, when and how?

6 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

No doubt accurate, so the next question is, are they booking sailings to capacity (assuming there is demand to do so anyway, and who knows about that)? If so, who gets bumped, when and how?

This has been discussed in various threads since about July when capacity controls were in place on ships that are sailing. RCI knows the capacity to which ships are filled, but we don't. We can get an idea by what's available, but that is not the whole picture. Bumping, if it happens, will likely be done as in the past, by incentives.

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Again, UK  Ben confirmed at no one would be bumped. 
It’s easy for them to control as I doubt very much if any ship is sold out, and they don’t release all cabin inventory for sale. 

• Thanks 1

All questions being asked on all the cruise lines!  But no answers.  The CDC did not dictate a rule for occupancy, only that cruise lines must implement social distancing for all activities from checkin to disembarkation.  And that strongly suggests reduced capacities.

As for "bumping", it seems obvious there would be a combination of when reservations were made and loyalty status and spend.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, PelicanBill said:

As for "bumping", it seems obvious there would be a combination of when reservations were made and loyalty status and spend.

In the very few previous examples of bumping, I don't believe status, date of booking or spending amount had anything to do with bumping.

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

In the very few previous examples of bumping, I don't believe status, date of booking or spending amount had anything to do with bumping.

Possibly true in the very few cases before. If they have to bump hundreds, though, do you really thing they will simply use last booked/paid as the criteria?  I would expect them to first bump based on the cabin blocks set aside for quarantine purposes (insides likely.)   I would not expect any suites to be bumped. After that, perhaps by date but it's my bet high loyalty status passengers won't be bumped.

It depends how long the CDC keeps them from sailing. 

Will the CDC even allow them to sail while community numbers are elevated?  If the answer is no, then there will be less need to reduce capacity if they will only be allowed to sail once the risk is very low.

19 minutes ago, twangster said:

It depends how long the CDC keeps them from sailing. 

Will the CDC even allow them to sail while community numbers are elevated?  If the answer is no, then there will be less need to reduce capacity if they will only be allowed to sail once the risk is very low.

I agree. It feels more like they want to wait it out for vaccines to be effective.  A waiting game for sure. Cash burn vs. Herd Immunity.  Will they be successful requiring vaccinations?  Even while children can't even be vaccinated?  Will there be lots of lawsuits?  The issues will persist. 

7 minutes ago, PelicanBill said:

I agree. It feels more like they want to wait it out for vaccines to be effective.  A waiting game for sure. Cash burn vs. Herd Immunity.  Will they be successful requiring vaccinations?  Even while children can't even be vaccinated?  Will there be lots of lawsuits?  The issues will persist. 

Lawsuits about what?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Lawsuits about what?

Yes - what @smokeybandit said and people who don't want to get the vaccine challenging all businesses that try to require a vaccine.  I expect we'll see a bunch of this and I expect the cruise lines to be targeted if they require the vaccine.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Requiring an unapproved vaccine that isn't widely available yet for the majority of the country.

46 minutes ago, PelicanBill said:

Yes - what @smokeybandit said and people who don't want to get the vaccine challenging all businesses that try to require a vaccine.  I expect we'll see a bunch of this and I expect the cruise lines to be targeted if they require the vaccine.

Requiring a vaccine for a completely voluntary leisure activity would easily be held up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Requiring a vaccine for a completely voluntary leisure activity would easily be held up. 

If vaccine were fully approved and widely available, maybe. Otherwise a good lawyer could attack that policy from a million different directions

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

If vaccine were fully approved and widely available, maybe. Otherwise a good lawyer could attack that policy from a million different directions

BUT it is still a PRIVATE entity, making a determination for their PRIVATE property.

Attack all you want, but such a requirement, if enacted, would be upheld.

I'm not sure how denying boarding to someone without a vaccine is fundamentally different than being able to deny boarding to guests under 6 month or 12 months of age if there are 3 or more sea days in a row.  Both would be done with the safety of the guest first and foremost.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I'm not sure how denying boarding to someone without a vaccine is fundamentally different than being able to deny boarding to guests under 6 month or 12 months of age if there are 3 or more sea days in a row.  Both would be done with the safety of the guest first and foremost.

Agreed; and adding to that, what court would say a private entity couldn’t mandate a safety measure that your own federal government has declared a paramount aspect in mitigating a global pandemic. 

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Dr. Scott Gottlieb told CNBC yesterday that he expects the Covid vaccine to be widely available in the U.S. by April. He estimated that roughly 100 million Americans really want to receive the vaccine. He said "I think we're going to run out of demand sooner than we think".

• Like 2