What’s the longest cruise you e been on?

CruzerDeb

Seventeen night trans-Atlantic on the Pacific Princess in Dec. '19. Would sail longer, BUT...

Not to thread-jack here, but when we got back, we had home related bills to pay and work to do.  Curious how people cruise, or RV, for months and keep things going on the home front.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1

22 Days South Pacific Cruise on Holland America on the lovely ms Maasdam

First time on HAL and up to date this has been one of the most favorable cruises.

Being able to roundtrip New Zealand  an visit Tonga, Samoa, Cook Islands, French Polynesia and Fiji and only have to unpack once 😍

Edited by Georgie562
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Longest consecutive cruise on a single ship was Oosterdam in 2009, San Diego to Rome.  32 days.  Second longest on one ship was Star Princess  inaugural cruise, Singapore to LA 26 days.  24 days from Venice on Nieuw Amsterdam.  Longest cruise vacation was Infinity San Diego to Harwich, 27 days, then 2 days London, 4 days on Queen Victoria, to Venice for three days and Silhouette 12 days in the Med.  Then home.  Don't remember how many total days.  EM

That sounds heavenly!

Our longest has been 14 day Baltic round trip from Southampton on the Emerald. I hope as we get a bit older and have more time to get away, that maybe we will be able to do longer cruises, especially with Medallion Net making it more feasible to do work and pay bills, if necessary. We are currently scheduled for a 10 day partial transit of the Panama Canal for January to celebrate our 25th. We were going to the the 15 night, but we invited our kids to join us and the oldest is a recent college grad, so can't really take the better part of 3 weeks away from work, and the younger one will be graduating from college in December so we don't want to impede on any possible job start dates any more than necessary.

• Like 1

Most of those "long" cruises don't sound that long.  We regularly do 25 - 35 day cruises.  In fact, if we have to fly to a place to start the cruise, we don't think that anything less than 20 days or so is even worth doing.    We have a friend who regularly does 100+ day world cruises.  A cruise of 100+ days is not to my taste but they love them.

DON

Edited by donaldsc
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tripmaven said:

45 days on the Diamond Princess.   14 days around New Zealand.  Trip ended in Sydney, but we stayed on the ship for 31 days from Sydney to San Francisco.  Learned that was probably my limit.

Loved the ship and the crew, but I started to weep openly when we came in to San Francisco Bay, going under the bridge.  I told my husband, if we weren't docking in San Francisco, I would have jumped and swam ashore.   Missed home and family.

Edited by Tripmaven

49 days on Royal Princess - South America Grand Adventure - FLL - "around the horn" - LA in 2019.  We loved the long cruise so much we booked a 50 day 4 Continent Adventure.  Sorry to say that was cancelled this year.  We've also did the 28 South Pacific cruise several times.   Can you tell we love longer cruises?  LOL

• Like 1

We (3 couples) sailed for 15 days from Long Beach to Hawaii and then back.  It was a very nice cruise but the 4 sea days on the return were a bit much.  Both dh and I were sick and were ready to get home to the East Coast.  The 4 days dragged on.

I'm looking at a 14 day to Alaska but there are only a couple of sea days and it's port intensive so that may work better for us.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, fourcruisin said:

We (3 couples) sailed for 15 days from Long Beach to Hawaii and then back.  It was a very nice cruise but the 4 sea days on the return were a bit much.  Both dh and I were sick and were ready to get home to the East Coast.  The 4 days dragged on.

I'm looking at a 14 day to Alaska but there are only a couple of sea days and it's port intensive so that may work better for us.

The 15 Day Hawaii cruises are not worth it. You use up half of your vacation time in just sea days. As someone who gets 3 weeks of PTO a year I like to use my time wisely. 

23 hours ago, deepcman said:

Spent 63 days last winter floating around the southern Caribbean on the same ship. Got off Mar. 13th just before the ship hit the fan. So far have 40 days booked on the Enchanted starting next January and we'll see if it goes.  Just escaping winter.

31 days on the Coral Princess as we floated all around S America last year!

• Like 1

150 days once, 140 days once, several times over 100 days. Like everyone else, we are going through a significant adjustment this winter, but I’m actually enjoying being home. Well, not being home, as in stuck in the house all day every day, but being home so that we can stay on top of everything is pretty nice. 

For those who ask how we do that when we’re gone for months at a time (we have a house and yard and cars and friends and family and even a business or two)...I realized when watching a juggler entertain on a ship that it’s a lot like that. There is always at least one thing that feels a little up in the air. If internet on the ship is good, it’s a thousand times easier than when it’s not. 

• Like 4

One of my best friends that I made on a cruise years ago.

Have cruised on Princess for years. Seven & Peggy would cruise 120 days every year. They were the most traveled passengers every time we were with them. a lot of you may recognize them. See Photo. 

Tony

2A3128B4-2042-4F9A-A7AB-BB2EBFFC38BB.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, CruzerDeb said:

Such amazing cruise trips in this thread! I am jealous; I doubt I’ll ever get my husband to go on anything over 7-10 days. 

Same here! And I wouldn't want to be away from him longer than a week to cruise with someone else. 

• Like 1