Lift and Shifted my Alaska May cruise

mailmama

Called RCI yesterday and was allowed to lift and shift May 2021 cruise to 2022.  I wasn't able to get the same rooms but did get the same category 3D balcony at the same price. Only skin in the game I have is the original deposit from a booking payment in 2019!  Maybe 2022 will be the year we finally see Alaska!

14 minutes ago, mailmama said:

Called RCI yesterday and was allowed to lift and shift May 2021 cruise to 2022.  I wasn't able to get the same rooms but did get the same category 3D balcony at the same price. Only skin in the game I have is the original deposit from a booking payment in 2019!  Maybe 2022 will be the year we finally see Alaska!

What ship?

6 minutes ago, lovelife said:

I just called to request the same L&S for my Ovation Alaska sailing and was told no, it was absolutely not allowed at this point. ???

Most likely a one off exception was granted.

Be patient, I'm pretty confident that Alaska cancellations are not far off and with that will come a limited lift and shift offer

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Be patient, I'm pretty confident that Alaska cancellations are not far off and with that will come a limited lift and shift offer

Thanks.  I was calling about something else and thought I'd ask about the L&S as it didn't seem likely it would be allowed until the sailings are actually cancelled.

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

My Radiance 5/12/21 final payment is due tomorrow. No time for patience.  😟

22 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Did they give you the option of 4 weeks before or 4 weeks after??...or did it have to be same week??(time frame)

Thanks

Probably the same as Quantum- one week in either direction same ship  total 3 cruises to pick from

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, siren said:

Ours is June 6 with the 5 day land tour.  Final payment is due March....I'm holding on for the call from rccl so I can lift and shift.  We got a good price and I hate to loose it.

Is it the 6b tour?  We are on the same one.

We must have been lucky. We knew Canada closed so asked the rep if we could lift and shift as we knew our exact dates we wanted. Same ship. She ok'd it since we were ready. .... same ship, same dates. Probably  just had luck on our side for once on this sailing!!  yes, it was the Ovation.

Is anyone concerned about availability when it comes to L&S for Alaska cruises from 2021 to 2022? We have 5 cabins booked for a group trip, and part of me is worried that I'll get through shifting some of the cabins, but there won't be enough space to move them all over. Please tell me I'm worrying about nothing. 😄

3 minutes ago, tallgirl97 said:

Is anyone concerned about availability when it comes to L&S for Alaska cruises from 2021 to 2022? We have 5 cabins booked for a group trip, and part of me is worried that I'll get through shifting some of the cabins, but there won't be enough space to move them all over. Please tell me I'm worrying about nothing. 😄

Do a mock booking on the 2022 cruise to see what kind of availability is there.  from what I've seen there is lots of availability other than some of the suites that only have a few cabins in that category.

• Like 1

hopefully we get an answer in 2 days.  At this point, will either lift and shift if I can or take a refund.  I would rather wait until 2022 or later to cruise in Alaska not because of covid but because of the rumored restrictions. We are planning on going to Alaska regardless this year on a land vacation and are just waiting for the cancelation so we can move forward.

38 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

hopefully we get an answer in 2 days.  At this point, will either lift and shift if I can or take a refund.  I would rather wait until 2022 or later to cruise in Alaska not because of covid but because of the rumored restrictions. We are planning on going to Alaska regardless this year on a land vacation and are just waiting for the cancelation so we can move forward.

From what they mentioned on todays webinar it sounds like Friday's announcement will be more of an update as opposed to a definitive answer