Cape Liberty - Bayonne

8 hours ago, BeagleAgility said:

I have read a bunch on the possible opening of the ports in Florida. However, I have not heard anything about the opening of Cape Liberty in New Jersey.

Even if cruising does start up again - what are the chances that Cape Liberty will be open?

Millions of dollars was spent over the last few years to build up Bayonne to compare to many other NJ cities.When cruising is back the port will open.

• Like 2

I know our end of August on the Oasis is toast. (for the second year in a row)  I'm hoping for test cruises by July 15, so after the 60 day CDC nonsense, short cruises will start last week of September so my fingers crossed Halloween sailing on the Mardi Gras will go.  Will probably take the 125% FCC from the Oasis and flip it to a Symphony sailing in October of 22.

Edited by SNJCruisers

9 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Haha. That sure sounds like a politically correct answer. 😇

A lot will depend on what other countries do.  

If European countries start closing their borders for the summer like Canada did then I could see Royal taking a similar approach as they did with the Canada / Alaska cruises.  

if other countries stay open and there is a chance of starting up then Royal will cancel a month or two at a time until there is no longer hope to salvage part of a season. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, rjrpar said:

Scheduled for Bermuda in September but have no confidence in Gov. Murphy  letting the port reopen for cruising.  Hope I’m wrong

I agree, I have a Sept. Oasis cruise and have no confidence that it will come off.  However, as compared to our neighbors states like NY & PA., NJ feels like it's open.

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Nonsense?  Explain please. 

M8

Everything that is associated with the CDC is nonsense.  They made a ruling last year, then rescinded it only to basically make things even more restrictive. 

A little crystal clear clarity as to exactly what needs to be done A-B-C in order for the test cruises to start up so that the light at the end of this endless tunnel can be seen and the resumption of our favorite vacationing method can officially resume.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Everything that is associated with the CDC is nonsense.  They made a ruling last year, then rescinded it only to basically make things even more restrictive. 

A little crystal clear clarity as to exactly what needs to be done A-B-C in order for the test cruises to start up so that the light at the end of this endless tunnel can be seen and the resumption of our favorite vacationing method can officially resume.

I don’t think the CDC is going to lighten up anytime soon. If anything, they are likely to become more restrictive. 

M8

From a Bermuda Website:

"Pre-departure — A traveller must:

• One to three days before departure, complete the Bermuda Travel Authorisation process online which gathers important information for the island’s health and immigration officials; a $75 fee per traveller is required, which includes the cost of all COVID-19 testing in Bermuda. Only MasterCard and Visa are accepted. Each passenger must have a form completed regardless of age. NOTE: Children 9 and younger do not have to be tested at any point, and their Travel Authorisation fee is $30. Travel Authorisation FAQ 
  • Visitors must take a PCR COVID-19 test and obtain a negative result no more than five days before arrival. The day of testing is day 0. This applies to adults and children aged 10 and up. Children who are nine years old and younger are exempt and are subject to their adult travel companion’s quarantine. Children 10-17 must receive parental consent to be tested. If consent is denied, the young traveller must quarantine for 14 days on arrival. Test results must be entered as part of the online travel authorization process and be presented upon arrival in Bermuda. Visitors without a pre-departure test will not be able to obtain Travel Authorisation and enter Bermuda.
    •  
    • Travellers to Bermuda have a variety of easy-to-use and approved testing options available to them. Click here to learn more.

• Wear face masks and practise physical distancing at the departure airport.

Additionally, a traveller should:

• Acquire health insurance covering illness and injury outside of your home jurisdiction, including those related to a positive COVID-19 diagnosis while in Bermuda. If this is not obtained, a visitor will be responsible for all health and accommodation costs should they require treatment and/or quarantine, including costs related to a positive COVID-19 diagnosis in Bermuda
  • Pack a thermometer"

There is more once you arrive.

Off course this may change by summer.

3 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Yes, keep blaming the big bad CDC.  They're all that is holding us back.  Never mind Canada being closed for the year, Australia closed, new travel restrictions in England, etc, etc.  If you actually read the CDC No-Sail orders you'll find their requirements have been pretty consistent.  However cruise lines just sat back and ignored them hoping the virus would disappear.  Even the long awaited Healthy Sail panel recommendations were mainly an overview, lacking the nitty gritty details on what would be done.  It's been three months since release of that expert panel report.  Where are the implementation updates?  RCG has been quiet and NCL is repatriating crew back to their home countries.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Cayman Islands are also closed to cruise ships as well some other Caribbean and South Pacific Islands. 

At the moment I believe that Bermuda is effectively closed to cruise ships although they don't specifically state it that way.

2 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Yes, keep blaming the big bad CDC.  They're all that is holding us back.  Never mind Canada being closed for the year, Australia closed, new travel restrictions in England, etc, etc.  

The CDC holds all of the cards and until the US based cruise lines have their test cruises and cross all of the t's and dot all of the i's that the bureaucratic idiots want the cruise industry to adhere to, cruising will continue to be in limbo.  Australia being closed means little since only a couple of cruises depart Honolulu to go to Australia. Canada being closed for the year has nothing to do with the Bermuda and Caribbean cruises, which account for a substantially higher percentage of cruises.

If you don't think that the CDC is number one on the top 10 list of why we are in the current predicament,  then who is?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

The CDC holds all of the cards and until the US based cruise lines have their test cruises and cross all of the t's and dot all of the i's that the bureaucratic idiots want the cruise industry to adhere to, cruising will continue to be in limbo.  Australia being closed means little since only a couple of cruises depart Honolulu to go to Australia. Canada being closed for the year has nothing to do with the Bermuda and Caribbean cruises, which account for a substantially higher percentage of cruises.

If you don't think that the CDC is number one on the top 10 list of why we are in the current predicament,  then who is?

The number one on the list for the predicament is Covid. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

Just looking for Bayonne sailings in June 2022 to celebrate another milestone Anniversary with our children and grandchildren. Was very happy to see the Quantum, which would make our grandchildren very happy, is sailing a 7 night itinerary. 

Are you sure you're looking at the right port?  Don't see Quantum or Anthem sailing out of Cape Liberty in June 2022.  Oasis and Adventure are there.