100% vaccinated sailings

Indianadaytripper

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

I wonder if it could make a difference when her case comes to court that the vaccine only has emergency authorization, not fully approved by the FDA.

Probably not because of the EEOC ruling.

Also in the law that grants the FDA the ability to grant Emergency Use Authorization there is the language that any product granted an EUA will not be considered to be unapproved.

So even though a complete filing has not been submitted according to the law the granting of the EUA gives the product approved status as long as the EUA is in force as far as legal standing.

There is also another section of the law where as the Secretary of Health (the one with the actual authority for the EUA, even though the FDA grants it) can mandate and specify consequences for anybody that refuses it.  Do not know if he did so in the EUA only that the law gives him the authority.

If he did do so then anyone getting the immunization must be informed what the consequences would be if they refused it.  Since we have not heard of such I would expect that the requirement was not activated.

18 hours ago, Mary229 said:

You are actually making my argument.  The conversation had gone off to the ADA (American Disability Act)creating an issue for banning the lines from creating a vaccine “mandate to cruise policy.”

I am making your argument.  The conversation had substantially veered.

• Like 1

Just FYI if you haven't seen this, Royal's Odyssey of the Seas will now have it's inaugural season in Israel (instead of Rome, and with only Israeli citizens onboard) and shows this:

"Royal Caribbean will be the first to offer fully vaccinated sailings, where both crew and guests above the age of 16 will be vaccinated against COVID-19"

2 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

Just FYI if you haven't seen this, Royal's Odyssey of the Seas will now have it's inaugural season in Israel (instead of Rome, and with only Israeli citizens onboard) and shows this:

"Royal Caribbean will be the first to offer fully vaccinated sailings, where both crew and guests above the age of 16 will be vaccinated against COVID-19"

But, without knowing the "when", hard to derive good info on this.

42 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

But, without knowing the "when", hard to derive good info on this.

Sorry I should have added the date:

"Our newest ship, Odyssey of the Seas, will now sail from Haifa, Israel beginning May 2021, offering a combination of 3-to-7-night escapes visiting the Greek Isles and Cyprus. Residents of Israel will be the first to experience this Quantum Ultra Class newcomer during an inaugural season that offers a variety of new and signature onboard experiences".

• Thanks 1