Equivalent to RCI Diamond Happy Hour??

KazAllen

We are Royal Caribbean Cruisers and are Diamond Level, which means we get 3 to 3.5 hours every day (usually 5.00 to 8.00 or 8.30 on some ships) of free drinks (from a set drink menu but fairly extensive) and canapes which are served in the Diamond Lounge.

Now I know MSC will match levels but do they have similar drinks and canapes for the level that matches Diamond and up???

We are thinking of an MSC Part World Cruise when cruising returns to our part of the world (Australia)

Many thanks,

Kaz

6 hours ago, KazAllen said:

We are Royal Caribbean Cruisers and are Diamond Level, which means we get 3 to 3.5 hours every day (usually 5.00 to 8.00 or 8.30 on some ships) of free drinks (from a set drink menu but fairly extensive) and canapes which are served in the Diamond Lounge.

Now I know MSC will match levels but do they have similar drinks and canapes for the level that matches Diamond and up???

We are thinking of an MSC Part World Cruise when cruising returns to our part of the world (Australia)

Many thanks,

Kaz

No.

9 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Hi we Diamond with Royal and Elite+ with Celebrity,   there is no lounge or bar service daily for high levels on MSC. You get a returners hour with cocktails and nibbles for the Black now Diamond Card

It's a nice event, with officers, liaison people, etc. in attendance.

14 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

We have been to 4 and maybe 15 to 20 people attended, it is usually around 5.30 and we are still getting ready to go out for the evening. Don’t think we will go to anymore.

17 hours ago, KazAllen said:

Many thanks,

Kaz

If you are going on MSC and choosing any experience other than Yacht Club you would want to consider a beverage package.  If you are in the Yacht Club then you will have Premium Level package included and you can upgrade to a Premium Plus for $17? more pp per day.  Watch for the specials...a lot of times you can get an Easy Package included with your cruise at time of booking.  An Easy Beverage Package is currently $35 pp per day and it includes a lot for the money and is well worth it if you like to drink.  You did say you were from Australia...right!  Your RCI Diamond Level will translate into the MSC Black Card.  This will entitle you to a bottle of Prosecco and another cocktail party but not much more.    

Edited by CGTNORMANDIE

19 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Your RCI Diamond Level will translate into the MSC Black Card.  

Though there is still some inconsistencies being reported, even RCI Diamond Plus matches the Gold now, not Diamond/Black. I was lucky enough to get matched to Diamond/Black before they changed that.

Just now, publicpersona said:

Though there is still some inconsistencies being reported, even RCI Diamond Plus matches the Gold now, not Diamond/Black. I was lucky enough to get matched to Diamond/Black before they changed that.

Thank you PP.  I cannot keep up with the changes!

12 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

On our first MSC cruise on Meraviglia it was not a nice event. No officers and it was over it probably 10 minutes. We got one "free" drink and something to eat.

We still decided to give it another try on Divina but then the event was "formal" and the rest of the ship/evening was "informal" so we decided to skip it. (I know that the dresscode is only suggested but we want to follow it.) 

We have been fortunate in that our usual RC ship was Grandeur, which has a nice large Diamond club. We were almost always able to sit by ourselves if we wanted to, so were not exposed to much of the talk.  However, one thing we never liked was the attitude of "I've earned my three drinks, and I'll get them".  One man in particular, sat with his wife who crocheted and did not drink.  In front of him were his three beers and three Irish Creams.  Tacky!  That makes any event, or lounge, on MSC, feel much more civilized.

We do like the coffee machine, and the peace and quiet, of Diamond club in the morning.  But an espresso or two in the Seaview Lounge, at a very inexpensive price, was a great substitute.

10 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

We hated the diamond free drinks sessions on Royal - amazing how manners go out the window when a free drink is on offer.

The poor wait staff are run off their feet and just cant please everyone.

The whole time spent with people boasting how many cruises they've done and then the "grand entrances" by the pinnacle-badge wearers.

Much prefer the free speciality restaurant, chocolate ship and cabin goodies that come with the Black/Diamond Card of MSC

Of course, sailing YC is like having your own 24/7 cocktail party as free drinks are unlimited and it never gets busy enough that you are forced to sit next to mr/mrs obnoxious lol

We’ve been to the RCG diamond lounge literally hundreds of times and never have the wait staff been run off their feet or have we had folks boasting of how many cruises they’ve been on.

If you don’t like the lounge you may also enjoy your cocktail hours in any of the  bars lounges clubs or restaurants so you have loads of choices so you really never have to sit with Mr and Mrs Obnoxious. 

Pinnacle members have their own lounge so don’t understand  you were bothered by them.

Busy at peak times on occasions but that’s all.

The free speciality meal is obviously a very nice perk from MSC but if a chocolate ship is your thing well so be it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

ouch, I touched a nerve there lol

Our experience of D+ lounge was mostly before the vouchers were added for use around the ship - I think we only sailed with Royal twice since that started.

After a 6 or so year break from Royal (excluding charter sailings), we are due on a TA with Odyssey in April 2022 so will see how things have changed; good or bad.

The free speciality restaurant meal with MSC is certainly a nice touch - and the 4 solid chocolate ships (from B2B sailings) are definitely welcomed by our younger family members on our return.

I did like the 24/7 coffee machine in the Diamond and Concierge lounges on Royal - thankfully, YC provide the all day coffee too.

No nerve touched at all perhaps yours though I was only giving you my experience but you’ve had little as you say experience at all of late but i trust you enjoyed the three free drinks the past two sailings.

FYI there is not a D+ lounge but a concierge or diamond lounge so I’m not sure which lounge you were in.

TA crossings I’m sure you know from experience usually have pretty high diamond diamond + and pinnacle cruisers taking advantage of heavily discounted prices.

It’s very good of you to take the chocolate ships home with you so that all four of them are enjoyed by your younger family members.

I’ve already said the free specialty meal is a nice touch.

On 2/25/2021 at 8:29 AM, Couple-Somerset said:

We hated the diamond free drinks sessions on Royal - amazing how manners go out the window when a free drink is on offer.

The poor wait staff are run off their feet and just cant please everyone.

The whole time spent with people boasting how many cruises they've done and then the "grand entrances" by the pinnacle-badge wearers.

Much prefer the free speciality restaurant, chocolate ship and cabin goodies that come with the Black/Diamond Card of MSC

Of course, sailing YC is like having your own 24/7 cocktail party as free drinks are unlimited and it never gets busy enough that you are forced to sit next to mr/mrs obnoxious lol

I agree with you Somerset.  The Diamond event from 5:30-8:00 PM can be a free-for-all.  I think the difference is that Norwich was attending the Diamond Plus event which is a much more refined version of the Diamond (3drinks) event.  The Diamond Plus event is an extension of the Concierge Lounge.  All the Diamond Plus events I have attended were in the best lounges and served unlimited beverages, hot hors d’oeuvres with excellent bar service from numerous bartenders...never a wait.  Maybe a lot has changed since I was onboard RCI??  

I have to say, I have no complaints about Diamond or Elite (X) lounges or about any venues or events on MSC, except for the instances of passenger greed.  That's why I never post, on CC, or in conversation, how many drinks/chocolate ships/dinners/bottles/invitations/other perks I got, or how much I paid for the cruise.  If I say I got two of something, someone else is going to get one, for whatever reason, and is going to feel cheated, or at least convinced that "XXX is so inconsistent".

I like to just enjoy, and appreciate, whatever I do get.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

I have to say, I have no complaints about Diamond or Elite (X) lounges or about any venues or events on MSC, except for the instances of passenger greed.  That's why I never post, on CC, or in conversation, how many drinks/chocolate ships/dinners/bottles/invitations/other perks I got, or how much I paid for the cruise.  If I say I got two of something, someone else is going to get one, for whatever reason, and is going to feel cheated, or at least convinced that "XXX is so inconsistent".

I like to just enjoy and appreciate whatever I get also.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 1:38 PM, shipgeeks said:

Good philosophy!

• Like 1