Shareholders OBC extended through 7/31/22

ontheweb

5 hours ago, John99 said:

I agree --- great news.

The benefit (OBC) has been extended through July 31, 2022.

Again, available to shareholders with 100 shares of Carnival Corp. or Carnival plc. 

The Shareholder Benefit notice that comes out once a year has always increased the benefit date by one year forward.  Phone numbers sometimes will change.

Edited by cheone

I didn't doubt that Carnival would extend the benefit but was annoyed that it has disappeared from the 4 cruises we have booked. I'll have to add it back on - again. There's plenty of time to do so though so no biggie. It's just annoying that they tend to drop the credit every time there is any kind of change or adjustment no matter how insignificant. People tell me to "just call" and it will be reinstated but it's about as easy to simply fax in the request again and not have to wait on hold. (I tried the updated email submission method but it didn't get applied. A follow up fax a few days later saw it applied immediately.)

I was able to get the OBC added to my 2023 WC yesterday. I used the email method and the OBC was credited the same day.  I don't think the date of your cruise matters.  For those that have cruises booked beyond July 2022, it might be worth emailing or faxing in the form.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MrBill64 said:

I was able to get the OBC added to my 2023 WC yesterday. I used the email method and the OBC was credited the same day.  I don't think the date of your cruise matters.  For those that have cruises booked beyond July 2022, it might be worth emailing or faxing in the form.

I could be mistaken, but I think that only applies to Princess and not the other lines owned by Carnival Corporation. Princess was unique in not charging for prebooked excursions until one boarded. After the protests when that policy was ended, they compromised by allowing one to use OBC before boarding for buying excursions.

21 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I could be mistaken, but I think that only applies to Princess and not the other lines owned by Carnival Corporation. Princess was unique in not charging for prebooked excursions until one boarded. After the protests when that policy was ended, they compromised by allowing one to use OBC before boarding for buying excursions.

You are not mistaken.

• Thanks 1

On 2/23/2021 at 7:48 PM, Thrak said:

I didn't doubt that Carnival would extend the benefit but was annoyed that it has disappeared from the 4 cruises we have booked. I'll have to add it back on - again. There's plenty of time to do so though so no biggie. It's just annoying that they tend to drop the credit every time there is any kind of change or adjustment no matter how insignificant. People tell me to "just call" and it will be reinstated but it's about as easy to simply fax in the request again and not have to wait on hold. (I tried the updated email submission method but it didn't get applied. A follow up fax a few days later saw it applied immediately.)

I agree it's a pain in the butt, but at the same time i'm surprised that they allow to submit for the benefit so far in advance when you could have sold the stock before the sailing.

Regardless, very good news and a smart decision that we were confident they would make.

Edited by Grego
Added info.