Shareholder Benefit

wowzz

Have to admit to having bought these primarily for the discount. Never a wise financial move, and so it’s proved, though mentally I wrote them off altogether a few months back, so the current value’s a bonus.

Barratt Developments however, bought for the same reason many years back, has proved one of the best investments I’ve ever made. And I never ever used the discount!

• Like 1

Excellent.  I have bought and sold 100 shares four times in the past 9 months.  The price kept going down so I would jump in etc.   With the  profit taking my shares cost me just over £6 each.  Rather happy as they jumped yesterday on the lastest announcments to £15.50.

I have emailed Carnival about adding the benefit to my two cruises next year but they came back with a message it was too early to do so no announcement had been made.  got the following message back

he Annual report should be published by  31st March 2021.  Therefore, we kindly ask that you please reapply after this date, once the cruise balance has been paid and no later than three weeks prior to your departure.

Odd as previously credit was added well before I paid my balance.  Wonder if its changed.

24 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

Excellent.  I have bought and sold 100 shares four times in the past 9 months.  The price kept going down so I would jump in etc.   With the  profit taking my shares cost me just over £6 each.  Rather happy as they jumped yesterday on the lastest announcments to £15.50.

I have emailed Carnival about adding the benefit to my two cruises next year but they came back with a message it was too early to do so no announcement had been made.  got the following message back

he Annual report should be published by  31st March 2021.  Therefore, we kindly ask that you please reapply after this date, once the cruise balance has been paid and no later than three weeks prior to your departure.

Odd as previously credit was added well before I paid my balance.  Wonder if its changed.

I was under the impression that you could only apply for the shareholder OBC after paying final balance.  Live and learn...

• Like 2

I have not seen the new announcement and the amounts given, but if I am correct we have had the same, (or much the same), amount for the same length of cruise over the years.  If my memory is correct then it is slowly being reduced c.f. inflation and more to the point on board prices.

I could be wrong in that, but if so I am sure someone will correct me 🙂

For our cruises the application for the share benefit had to be after a certain date, but before another one (which was a bit before the saliing date).  From memory,  final balance payment likely was payable just before the application could first be made as it was about 2-3 months before the cruise.

Edited by tring

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I was under the impression that you could only apply for the shareholder OBC after paying final balance.  Live and learn...

That was my impression too, it certainly used to be. I don't suppose it matters, we have always had it applied within days.

• Like 1

Just now, tring said:

I have not seen the new announcement and the amounts given, but if I am correct we have had the same, (or much the same), amount for the same length of cruise over the years.  If my memory is correct then it is slowly being reduced c.f. inflation and more to the point on board prices.

I could be wrong in that, but if so I am sure someone will correct me 🙂

Every so often they do change it depending on the £ v $ value. It used to be £125 for a 14 night cruise, but that is quite a few years ago.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

I could do with some help re shares.  Know nothing about shares!

I bought 100 carnival shares last March when they were very low priced.

Bought them through the Share Centre which has now been taken over

by Interactive Investments. 

What do I actually need to prove to P and O or Princess that I have

these shares? Everything was done online. I have found something

called a Contract Note from March last year. Do I just print it out and

email it to them? Or do you recommend transferring them to

Equiniti which evidently, according to P and O , they will liaise with

them for proof of ownership.

We have three cruises this year and three next year so would really

appreciate someone’s help with this.  Thanks.

Terri

7 minutes ago, silkworms said:

Terri

May be worth emailing  shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com . There will be an account number on the contract, this and the holiday number may be all they need, that is how it works with Equiniti, if not I am sure they can advise.

11 minutes ago, silkworms said:

Terri

Look on P&O website under Q&As and it tells you how to apply normally you just have to give full name and address and cruise number, ship and date. They have access to shareholder register to see if you hold shares so you dont have to prove anything. Same with Cunard.

11 minutes ago, ann141 said:

It tells you the amount of OBC for cruises in the link that Wowzz posted above

Yes thanks, I did realise that was probably the case, but not so bothered to side step to it at present as heading off soon.

I see it is still £150 for UK brands and Princess is mentioned as both a UK and US brand, but someone on the roll call for the Oct cruise said it was a $ on board spend, so will we get the $ amount, or will they use whatever exchange fee they fancy to the £150?  Also can we use it for excursions once we are on board, like with P&O as we have booked the drinks package?  I know we could not pre-book excursions and pay with OBS for a P&O cruise.

13 minutes ago, silkworms said:

Terri

This link might provide some help:

https://www.pocruises.com/frequently-asked-questions.miscellaneous.Where-can-I-find-more-information-about-shareholder-benefits.summary?

Thank you all, that is so helpful, I had in fact already seen the FAQs

but I was nonplussed as to what to send to them, I understand

now that they are able to check the share register so that’s really

clarified it for me. Thank you again. 
Just as a matter of interest , do you all recommend putting my shares

with Equiniti or does it make no difference.

19 minutes ago, silkworms said:

Terri

I normally do exactly as you've suggested and send a copy or screenshot of my contract note or statement. They've always accepted this with no bother. 

I don't think they can look up your shareholding unless you've bought via Equinti and their charges are quite high, although I gather from others in here that they're quite good. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, silkworms said:

Thank you all, that is so helpful, I had in fact already seen the FAQs

but I was nonplussed as to what to send to them, I understand

now that they are able to check the share register so that’s really

clarified it for me. Thank you again. 
Just as a matter of interest , do you all recommend putting my shares

with Equiniti or does it make no difference.

I don't think they can check the share register. That's only for those who use Equinti. I personally wouldn't recommend having to move. It's always been a really straight forward process to send evidence of shareholding. 

Just a little observation:
On the link wowzz provided detailing the continuation, the qualifying length of cruise is 14 days or higher, 7-13 days and 6 days or fewer.

The link to the P&O faqs that Harry posted has these at 13+ nights, 6-12 nights and 5 or fewer nights. This is what I have always thought was the case.

I think these are the same because a 14 day cruise has 13 nights but it will be interesting to see whether Carnial think the same way.

3 minutes ago, pete14 said:

On the link wowzz provided detailing the continuation, the qualifying length of cruise is 14 days or higher, 7-13 days and 6 days or fewer.

The link to the P&O faqs that Harry posted has these at 13+ nights, 6-12 nights and 5 or fewer nights. This is what I have always thought was the case.

I think these are the same because a 14 day cruise has 13 nights but it will be interesting to see whether Carnial think the same way.

This was my last email from them;

P&O - 1-5 nights £30. 6-12 nights £60. 13 nights & above £150
Cunard - 1-5 nights $50. 6-12 nights $100. 13 nights & above $250

Please note if you have booked directly with us you will receive this via your personal email address or by post. Alternatively, if you have booked via a travel agent, you will need to refer to them for the revised booking confirmation.                                    

Kind regards        
Scot
Guest Services, Carnival UK
0?ui=2&ik=c9d39c8955&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1642655810466292956&th=16cbe2c1a71324dc&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ-14gXxogdAUIjX1IM7-qQ56vSHift-AC9uAp84uZGDVRTTS_WN_C7GuuTOlNrQAHJ8spWWl5UGw8kYy8yETJev5Kf8IAhUzQws0vdwBrf1yg6PhRn2tTj8jKw&disp=emb0?ui=2&ik=c9d39c8955&attid=0.2&permmsgid=msg-f:1642655810466292956&th=16cbe2c1a71324dc&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ_FLX7N3NcC8-CQQbmlURU44nIrFqHjcRpb7L8YBSwvA2CdmLKHZB8SjkYEIrbC58n0-UrIdb2BS4H-M7IkFYS49Xdv5A0o5DNFC74qQL_PnXzHc5epvGXJGtw&disp=emb
0?ui=2&ik=c9d39c8955&attid=0.3&permmsgid=msg-f:1642655810466292956&th=16cbe2c1a71324dc&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ-vmXWXsc1FTYJp-B2cPJrmJXX-tMmBS0lweNNX2yAVSU9ZZoirQ842JGSc4rnswm9Cg4513rGNpR9GLz5wapgt2CUj__kt2zT-mPUjXbGzpYWQ7nZZuydk1sw&disp=emb

1 hour ago, tring said:

Yes thanks, I did realise that was probably the case, but not so bothered to side step to it at present as heading off soon.

I see it is still £150 for UK brands and Princess is mentioned as both a UK and US brand, but someone on the roll call for the Oct cruise said it was a $ on board spend, so will we get the $ amount, or will they use whatever exchange fee they fancy to the £150?  Also can we use it for excursions once we are on board, like with P&O as we have booked the drinks package?  I know we could not pre-book excursions and pay with OBS for a P&O cruise.

As the currency onboard Princess is dollars, we should receive $250 in OBC (about £177 todays value) for our cruise and it can be used to purchase onboard excursions but only once onboard, similar to P and O 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

We've done several 13 night cruises.  We always got £150 OBC.

• Like 1