Laundry now free for everyone !!

phillipahain

On 2/27/2021 at 4:17 PM, Pcardad said:

$100 to spend in the shop/spa who have to pay a % of their profit to Regent. 

Many words to describe this...I will go with silly.

Or, more likely for me, on an upgraded excursion, bottle of wine, or whisky. Or, on Explorer or Splendor, a cooking lesson. But that’s either $100 that would  come out of my pocket or an indulgence I would otherwise have foregone. And I still get my laundry done without taking time from my vacation to do it.  If some or all of it goes back into the purse of this for-profit service provider, so be it. It’s still a benefit to me and no cause for whining.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I've yet to find anything on Regent worth whining about..but a $100 credit on a $50k cruise is silly. I will leave the $100 for the laundry staff.

As in...give your $100 OBC towards the Crew Fund?  I might be wrong but I don't think that's an allowable use.  

11 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Pretty sure you can but I meant tip the guys down there who have a hot and horrible job.

Yes..a very hot and tedious job.  Not sure how much it helps, but I always praise the laundry workers when completing my end-of-cruise evaluations.  To me, it is a luxury to have someone do our laundry and have it come back all pressed and neatly folded or on hangers.  Looks so much better than when I do it myself at home....not sure I understand the concept of "iron and ironing board" 😄 

10 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

To me, it is a luxury to have someone do our laundry and have it come back all pressed and neatly folded or on hangers.  Looks so much better than when I do it myself at home....not sure I understand the concept of "iron and ironing board" 😄 

I couldn't agree more!

• 3 weeks later...

If it ever happens, it will be our first Regent cruise.  I'm sure we'll have some (minimal) laundry, and I am glad that they are now including the cost of laundry in the overall cost of the cruise.  In a post-Covid world, the laundry room just seems like one of those unnecessarily crowded places.  Plus, let's face it, if I can avoid having to do laundry on vacation, I am not complaining.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I certainly understand how you feel. However, we are sailing on Regent the fist time February 27th from Barcelona to Jerusalem on Voyager in a Voyager suite.  At the price of this cruise we wouldn’t consider it unless internet, laundry services and a Butler were included

Enjoy profiling the hardworking Laundry crew, here is our post from our Mariner 2018 South America cruise:

Mariner crew (behind the scenes) profile.

We profile behind the scenes (below deck) crew because these vital crew members do not regularly get told thank you by the guests like the wait, bar, reception staff do. It is our way of telling the Mariner Laundry Team: THANK YOU!

Today let’s meet the Mariner Laundry team who work together to process more than 10,000 pieces of clothing for the crew and guests per week. This outstanding eleven (11) person team all hail from Indonesia and are led by Ng “Joe” Jaw.

Joe is the Mariner Laundry Master, joined Regent back in 2010. He is married to Ling Ling for almost 24 years and they have three children (two girls and one boy). Joe is from Bintan Island, Indonesia.

Joe’s favorite Regent ship to serve on is he Mariner. He likes the crew living area, and the comraderie that the Mariner crew possess. Joes tells me the toughest part of his job is the unpredictability of laundry demand from one day to the next. For example, one day they may get just a few bags of laundry to process the next hundreds. The first day (transition day is especially though not only due to clothes that need to be laundered but also due to linens.

Joe likes working for Regent because he gets to see the world and he especially likes the salary he makes. GM, Michael Coghlan tells me Joe is a Mariner treasure—he turns into Michael USB drives, jewelry, money that guests leave in their clothes.

Eng Mong is the assistant laundry Master on the Mariner. Mong also hails from Bintan Island and has been with Regent since 2012. Mong’s close family his brother and sister live in Bintan Island, Indonesia too.

Mong’s favorite ship to serve on is the Mariner due to the food and crew living area.

Mong like working on Regent due to the friendships he makes and he likes to travel the world. Mong tells me they process about 1500 pieces of laundry daily.

The toughest part of his laundry duties is having the team work together on transition day and the day after to process the increase demand for pressed laundry. Please enjoy a few pictures of Joe and Mong first below, then the eleven member Mariner Laundry team.

Mong is on the left, joe is on the right.

14c77d86ca9f2e6eee636cfb42a6d926.jpg

d12ea18424cb2f5d9eddc54491f341ab.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for this special story.  When we get on the Splendor in November, we will be sure to remember that our laundry is being cleaned by hardworking individuals, not just by "laundry fairies".

• Like 2

15 hours ago, LakeLifeTexas said:

I certainly understand how you feel. However, we are sailing on Regent the fist time February 27th from Barcelona to Jerusalem on Voyager in a Voyager suite.  At the price of this cruise we wouldn’t consider it unless internet, laundry services and a Butler were included

Couldn’t agree more, in fact it doesn’t make since that they don’t include dry cleaning.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 6:22 AM, WesW said:

Enjoy profiling the hardworking Laundry crew, here is our post from our Mariner 2018 South America cruise:

Looking at these pictures, I'm even more determined never to send my underwear out to be laundered--I'll stick to the bathroom sink!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Looking at these pictures, I'm even more determined never to send my underwear out to be laundered--I'll stick to the bathroom sink!

We have used Regent's laundry regularly over the years with no problem whatsoever.  Everything comes back perfectly clean and pressed, INCLUDING underwear!  I told DH not to get too used to this as I don;t press our undies at home!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kwaj girl said:

We have used Regent's laundry regularly over the years with no problem whatsoever.  Everything comes back perfectly clean and pressed, INCLUDING underwear!  I told DH not to get too used to this as I don;t press our undies at home!

Oh I'm sure it does, I just shudder at the idea of some guy washing it for me! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Oh I'm sure it does, I just shudder at the idea of some guy washing it for me! 

😁 They have no idea which undies belong to who! And they're batch-processed anyway

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Really, does anyone really care who washes what as long has your not doing it.  If you are worried about a man doing his job, maybe you shouldn’t dine just in case a man is cooking your meal.  Oh, don’t have that drink if nit’s male bar tender.🤣😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It doesn't really matter to me whether it's a man or woman washing my undies. I just prefer to wash them myself in the sink and hang them to dry.

The laundry will put them in a hot dryer, and they are likely to shrink. I only dry them on low heat at home. Having your undies shrink on a cruise is very bad since it will make it seem that your body has expanded even more than it really has. And you might make the mistake of skipping dessert at dinner, when it was just a problem with your laundered undies.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, SWFLAOK said:

It doesn't really matter to me whether it's a man or woman washing my undies. I just prefer to wash them myself in the sink and hang them to dry.

The laundry will put them in a hot dryer, and they are likely to shrink. I only dry them on low heat at home. Having your undies shrink on a cruise is very bad since it will make it seem that your body has expanded even more than it really has. And you might make the mistake of skipping dessert at dinner, when it was just a problem with your laundered undies.

Hot dryer is just fine for my 100% cotton undies. Never gave to worry about shrinkage....(and no, they're not "granny panties") 🤣

We have never had an issue with any laundry we send out while cruising Regent..  Every so often we will use the laundry to wash whites, but also send them out.  All clothes come back nicely folded or hung up and no damage.

The picture of the crew that Wes posted was nice to see.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, mj_holiday said:

We have never had an issue with any laundry we send out while cruising Regent..  Every so often we will use the laundry to wash whites, but also send them out.  All clothes come back nicely folded or hung up and no damage.

The picture of the crew that Wes posted was nice to see.

It really was nice, most people don’t even think about the ones you don’t see but make your cruise run smooth……….

14 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

HAHAHAHA - that is so funny.  Now I know why my clothes feel smaller after a cruise - it was the dryer's fault.  Whew - and I thought it was those 2 daily desserts and copious amounts of champagne.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2