Pools on cruise ships

sjde

4 hours ago, sjde said:

Okay-I've narrowed it down to these:

HAL's Oosterdam and  Eurodam

Princess  Discovery

RCCL's Ovation and Quantum.

BTW, where would I go to find this information myself? Thanks!

As mentioned above, ALL HAL ships have a covered midship pool, and an open aft pool.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sjde said:

Okay-I've narrowed it down to these:

HAL's Oosterdam and  Eurodam

Princess  Discovery

RCCL's Ovation and Quantum.

BTW, where would I go to find this information myself? Thanks!

Unless they're doing something different on Discovery Princess, that ship class does not have an indoor swimming pool.  

All those HAL and Royal Caribbean ships have an indoor pool.  So from there, I'd choose which line/ship suits you best.  If you want great entertainment and lots to do on board, go Royal Caribbean.  If entertainment isn't your thing and you just want relaxation, go HAL.  

Edited by Aquahound
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, sjde said:

Someone mentioned covered pools in the Solarium on RCCL. Which leads me to ask-are most covered /indoor pools in an adults-only area? I am wanting something for kids too; thinking ahead to an Alaskan cruise. 

I don't know how true this really is, but it's been widely reported that cruise lines waive the adults only rule when cruising Alaska.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Queen Mary 2 has a pool with a retractable roof which is often closed, making it an indoor pool.

OK I personally wouldn't have thought that would count - actually on reflection I'm wrong because there was an indoor pool in the spa 

On 2/28/2021 at 1:42 AM, Essiesmom said:

USArmy here.  As to Princess, Diamond/Sapphire have covered pools, as well as the former Star Princess.  With MSC Fantasia class the forward pools are covered.  EM

Also Grand Class P&O's Ventura, but not the sister ship Azura.

Years ago I was on a cruise ship (I wish I could remember which one) that had such a lovely pool area. If I rememeber correctly, it was indoors and adults only, but the greenery/vegetation was what made it so special. It was beautiful and had a lush tropical feeling and was very serene. While I don't have to have that one again (and it's probably been repurposed anyway)  what are some other really nice pools like this? 

11 hours ago, sjde said:

Years ago I was on a cruise ship (I wish I could remember which one) that had such a lovely pool area. If I rememeber correctly, it was indoors and adults only, but the greenery/vegetation was what made it so special. It was beautiful and had a lush tropical feeling and was very serene. While I don't have to have that one again (and it's probably been repurposed anyway)  what are some other really nice pools like this? 

That sounds like Royal Caribbean Radiance Class.  Looking at your signature, you're probably remembering Jewel and Brilliance.  I haven't looked at the 2022 AK cruising options, but Radiance is a regular in the AK market.  You might want to check it out.  

I can't think of any other ship class that has that lush tropical feel in the solarium pool.  

• Like 1