Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

2 minutes ago, Tin can said:

Seems strange though, why drop anchor when all your competitors are looking at making the $$ on UK cruises. Her size would be perfect for social distancing as well.

RCI seems to announce after other cruise lines; if they can arrange the logistics and can make some money,  they will sail from the UK.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daithi2021 said:

It looks like its going to be Harmony cruising from the UK and not Anthem.

We were due to sail on Harmony from Barcelona 11th July.

I called RC to ask what was happening and was it going ahead.

The lady said that it was cancelled as they are going to move the ship to the uk, but hasnt been announced yet and that expect an announcement in May.

She said not to do anything yet until they announce it, but 99% at the moment the Harmony is not going from Barcelona in July.

If they wait until May to make an announcement everyone who wants to cruise round the UK will have already booked, if they decide to do it they need to announce it now.

5 minutes ago, Mike.S said:

If they wait until May to make an announcement everyone who wants to cruise round the UK will have already booked, if they decide to do it they need to announce it now.

All the better for last minute deals 😏 I won't pay over the odds for just chugging around the coast and having covid restrictions. But if there's a deal and if there's been a few successful  cruises already then maybe I'll look at what's available early September 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daithi2021 said:

The lady said that it was cancelled as they are going to move the ship to the uk, but hasnt been announced yet and that expect an announcement in May.

She said not to do anything yet until they announce it, but 99% at the moment the Harmony is not going from Barcelona in July.

If they plan to announce something in May a sales agent in the call centers would for sure not know it in March..

Booked on Anthem from Southampton in June ... feel a bit in limbo ... will it go or not?? ... if not the same cruise or similar in 2022 are waaay more expensive and I’m date restricted with holidays this year.

If they announce these UK only cruises to nowhere that would be something I guess.

Just wish they’d announce something.

Guest BigRoger

Agree with everything everyone is putting... I don't understand the strategic positioning of simply sitting on hands and waiting until May... all they can be waiting for is confirmation that fly cruises can start which is unlikely to be forthcoming by then.... at least MSC have made it clear they are not requiring vaccinations in order to differentiate themselves for the summer family market even if they have not published the actual cruises. RC need to really show us the same clarity to their guests that P&O and Princess have.... 'this summer its this... or nothing...'.

We've been lucky so far in 2021 re final payments - we had Rhapsody April - gone, Anthem - May gone, Odyssey June - gone.... Rhapsody July we are sure  isn't going to go and then Harmony B2B and TA etc. Suspect with position on mainland Europe none are going... Just wish RC would tell us that so we can choose alternative arrangements.... we'd happily go with a summer of Anthem and/ or Harmony but have twitchy fingers and credit cards now re MSC, NCL when they do something etc. etc. even Princess if they have options left.... its a frustrating time to be loyal to royal!

10 hours ago, Daithi2021 said:

I am booked on the 6 Jun Harmony.  When I try and check in, I get the following error message:

image.png.687818a154de3c195a28e305e98fc204.pngI'm pretty sure Harmony is not sailing out of Barcelona.  Whether she is going to the UK or not is a different matter.

I’ve cancelled my end of august anthem cruise... moved our deposit to Odyssey next July. Don’t like the uncertainty of it all, will we need vaccines/Covid tests will my child be allowed on board. 

We will see what Disney prices look like around the UK when they announce and try that for a change if it’s reasonable. 

Like Bigroger said... difficult to be loyal to royal at this time. 

11 minutes ago, Thewild_cruiser said:

I’ve cancelled my end of august anthem cruise... moved our deposit to Odyssey next July. Don’t like the uncertainty of it all, will we need vaccines/Covid tests will my child be allowed on board. 

We will see what Disney prices look like around the UK when they announce and try that for a change if it’s reasonable. 

Like Bigroger said... difficult to be loyal to royal at this time. 

Nevee been on a Disney cruise, always has a look but found them mega expensive. But interested in their staycation prices.

In the same boat with RCL harmoney end of Aug, just want to know so i can make some plans

I think a lot of people stick with what they know out of habit, familiarity, perks and obviously because they like the product. If the familiar isn't available then people will look elsewhere, and maybe find a new favourite, or at least get into a habit of not always sticking with 'the usual'. 

Which may be a good thing... 

Either way Royal Caribbean should be aware that they may lose some of their regulars if they don't put a ship into the mix when cruising does start up again hopefully this summer. 

Edited by sgmn

We have an Allure cruise booked for August out of Port Canaveral.  99% sure this isn't happening , at least for us,  as flying abroad from the UK this summer will be fraught with all kinds of difficulties. I had actually resigned myself to no holidays this summer again (our next booked cruise is Barbados in January - pretty confident about that at the moment). 

But I have to say that a fully vaccinated cruise around the UK is getting more appealing - even if it stopped nowhere. It would be safe , relaxing , easy to get to and a very welcome change of pace from the drudgery of life this past year.

Harmony or Anthem would be fantastic . I know Anthem is a cold weather ship - we have sailed Anthem from Southampton a couple of times , and she is actually our favourite ship.

But even Harmony , at lets say 50% capacity , would have more than enough indoor space to accommodate passengers in poor weather .

And in my opinion the appeal of the first Oasis class class ship to homeport in the UK would be immense.  I could see a lot of people giving Royal a try for the first time , just based on the fact it is such an iconic ship. 

So get your finger out and get this sorted and open for bookings!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

We have an Allure cruise booked for August out of Port Canaveral.  99% sure this isn't happening , at least for us,  as flying abroad from the UK this summer will be fraught with all kinds of difficulties. I had actually resigned myself to no holidays this summer again (our next booked cruise is Barbados in January - pretty confident about that at the moment). 

But I have to say that a fully vaccinated cruise around the UK is getting more appealing - even if it stopped nowhere. It would be safe , relaxing , easy to get to and a very welcome change of pace from the drudgery of life this past year.

Harmony or Anthem would be fantastic . I know Anthem is a cold weather ship - we have sailed Anthem from Southampton a couple of times , and she is actually our favourite ship.

But even Harmony , at lets say 50% capacity , would have more than enough indoor space to accommodate passengers in poor weather .

And in my opinion the appeal of the first Oasis class class ship to homeport in the UK would be immense.  I could see a lot of people giving Royal a try for the first time , just based on the fact it is such an iconic ship. 

I totally agree with this, would open up the idea to a lot of first time cruisers and also those who don't want to or cant fly. The Oasis class are so different to P&O etc even with the prospect of the average weather, But unless things have changed ships move and can follow the sun, to a dregree

15 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

I totally agree with this, would open up the idea to a lot of first time cruisers and also those who don't want to or cant fly. The Oasis class are so different to P&O etc even with the prospect of the average weather, But unless things have changed ships move and can follow the sun, to a dregree

You make a good point.

I hadn't even thought of it,  but a ship can "follow the weather" to a degree , as you say. 

Nothing to stop them going down the coast of Spain and Portugal either , if it were a 7 day cruise - as long as the Bay of Biscay behaved itself!

Should also not rule out the canary Islands as a possible destination later in the summer , as far as I am aware their covid cases are well under control.

• Like 1

Guest BigRoger

Rumour circulating today is that MSC may make announcement tomorrow..... rumour suggests they might make a big statement and put Virtuosa out of Southampton....... with no requirement for vaccinations and therefore certainty for those under 50 it will get very tempting....

17 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Rumour circulating today is that MSC may make announcement tomorrow..... rumour suggests they might make a big statement and put Virtuosa out of Southampton....... with no requirement for vaccinations and therefore certainty for those under 50 it will get very tempting....

Virtuosa is their latest ship? That would certainly be a big statement .

At this point in time I would not want to be on a ship unless I knew everyone was vaccinated - so this would be a no for me , and quite a lot of other people I suspect.

However it is an avenue for the under 50's who are not or wouldn't be fully vaccinated. 

• Like 1

Guest BigRoger

Yep Virtuosa is the brand new ship.... MSC have already said they will not require vaccinations for their UK sailings and will rely upon their protocols they have been using ‘successfully’ in the med for months now.... big things of course are it’s guaranteed cruising for under 50s and families...

Edited by BigRoger

The UK is certainly becoming a big focal point for cruising this summer.

I believe NCL are also gearing up for an announcement in the next week or 2 regarding UK deployment.

Really hope Royal is not late to the party . We are actually from Northern Ireland , and there are lots of places on mainland UK we have never been to , so a British Isles cruise this summer is becoming more and more appealing , the more I think about it!

36 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

The UK is certainly becoming a big focal point for cruising this summer.

I believe NCL are also gearing up for an announcement in the next week or 2 regarding UK deployment.

Really hope Royal is not late to the party . We are actually from Northern Ireland , and there are lots of places on mainland UK we have never been to , so a British Isles cruise this summer is becoming more and more appealing , the more I think about it!

You know that most of these cruises do not stop at any UK port and just sail along the coastline?

1 minute ago, Saab4444 said:

You know that most of these cruises do not stop at any UK port and just sail along the coastline?

Yes , most - but by no means all.

I see no reason why a a few port stops within the British Isles with fully vaccinated passengers cannot be safely achieved , even if it has to be ship exclusive excursions.

Anyway , I would be quite happy just bobbing along the coastline for a few days!

• Like 1

Guest BigRoger
4 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Am not sure the current schedules feature in aggregate ‘most’ not having port stops... but I grant you it’s so fast moving it’s hard to keep up..... then again it’s down to each guest as to what’s important...... from our perspective... we love transatlantic cruises where we have 10 sea days.......

11 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

Good point an oasis class ship would blow the competition out the water!

Looks like a lift and shift to Allure next year is the only option. I cant imagine how hard it will be trying to use FCC on bookings for 2022 with all the demand rolling over for 2 years. 

Im starting to get really fed up with a pandemic.