Princess Cruises Extends Pause of Cruise Vacations on Roundtrip Southampton Sailings through September 25, 2021

LACruiser88

On 3/6/2021 at 11:51 AM, nini said:

I think EVERYONE on the planet has re-booked for May 2022!

Our pre-cruise hotel of choice which has 3 properties, is already

totally booked for May 2022! I put hours into that hotel research.

I e-mailed them to verify.

Many if not most hotels are probably not yet taking reservations for May 2022.  To far out.  Very typical for the hotel website to say sold out for those dates.

6 hours ago, franktown said:

Many if not most hotels are probably not yet taking reservations for May 2022.  To far out.  Very typical for the hotel website to say sold out for those dates.

Hotel might be closed now with no idea when (if ever) they will reopen.

7 hours ago, franktown said:

All is well! I e-mailed them and even though their calendar is not yet set to take reservations for May 2022, they offered to make the desired reservation for us. They had my previous booking information and it is even a better rate than it would have been for September 2020.

On 3/5/2021 at 6:56 PM, adam7392 said:

Totally relevant - 10-20% of people who get the vaccine won't gain immunity from it, 10-20% of people will refuse the vaccine.  Under 18's will not be vaccinated by July.   In addition new strains will arise which may cause minor illness so it will be vital that vaccines can at least reduce transmission of these variant strains even if they still cause some illness.

Where are you getting that data from?

22 minutes ago, spyro1952 said:

Where are you getting that data from?

On effectiveness:

following states effectiveness of first dose is 72% rising to 86% for 2nd dose (this will be mixture of Asta Zeneca and Pfizer which are being used in the UK).  For over 80's figures are 57% and 85%.  Note in the UK policy is to get first vaccination into as many people as possible and leave 2nd dose until 11-12 weeks later.  Hence currently we are at 35% vaccination level but most of those have only a first dose  -  22.5m to 1.1m people

https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2021/02/23/covid-19-analysing-first-vaccine-effectiveness-in-the-uk/

On refusals:

following shows 67% of Britons likely to take vaccine, 21% unlikely and 12% dont know.  So far in the UK uptake in older people has been very high but markedly less in non white populations.  Worryingly a large percentage of health workers who are in the first phase have refused.  Percentages refusing vaccination seem to increase as age decreases 

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/health/articles-reports/2020/11/16/how-many-britons-are-willing-take-coronavirus-vacc

On under 18's not being vaccinated by July:

The UK govt target is all over 18's to be offered first dose by 31st july as indicated in the following BBC article.  As yet no vaccine is approved for under 16's in the UK.   There may be some 16-18 year olds who are clinically vulnerable who will be vaccinated by then but the vast majority of under 18's will not receive a vaccination by July

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55045639

Edited by adam7392
  • Thanks 1

As always, there are other figures available.  

https://www.statista.com/chart/23510/estimated-effectiveness-of-covid-19-vaccine-candidates/

Shows levels of protection higher than in the links you have posted.

It is all above my pay grade as to say which figures are correct. However, high or low, better to be vaccinated than not.

• Like 1