Princess Cruises Extends Pause of Cruise Vacations on Roundtrip Southampton Sailings through September 25, 2021

LACruiser88

5 minutes ago, spyro1952 said:

I am also on the Island cruise October 5th.  I had to cancel 5 cruises last year so I am hoping this one goes.  I am fully vaccinated and don’t understand the restrictions allowing only UK residents.  Also booked on Regal TA on November 3rd.  Fingers crossed 🤞 

Another reason we hope it goes is because this is the last Princess cruise we have booked before May 2022 where we can load up all the FCCs from our 7 previously cancelled cruises. Hopefully at some point Princess will extend the deadline into at least the Fall of 2022 as we have another cruise booked in July 2022.

21 minutes ago, spyro1952 said:

.  I am fully vaccinated and don’t understand the restrictions allowing only UK residents.  

I'm not aware of any such restriction.

There may be restrictions with regards to US citizens coming to the UK (compulsory quarantine at present), and cruises are obviously banned currently, but I have not heard about any proposals about only allowing UK citizens on board when cruises restart. 

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

I'm not aware of any such restriction.

There may be restrictions with regards to US citizens coming to the UK (compulsory quarantine at present), and cruises are obviously banned currently, but I have not heard about any proposals about only allowing UK citizens on board when cruises restart. 

There are UK guest only restrictions for the short replacement "coastal cruises"  that will fill the gap this summer.We had this by email:

NEW short UK coastal cruises this summer*
Recent announcements from the UK Government on the roadmap to the end of lockdown has given us all optimism that we will be able to have a summer break after all! It's clear from the roadmap that when restrictions are lifted, it'll be UK holidays that will restart first before the gradual return of international travel. With this in mind, we're introducing a series of new short UK breaks aboard our stunning Royal Class ships; Regal Princess and Sky Princess, offering relaxing holidays at sea -  much-needed getaways and reunions, we're sure. We can't wait to welcome you back onboard our Princess ships!  Keep a look out for further details on these new Southampton summer sailings in the coming weeks.

Normal Princess Cruises booking conditions apply. To view our full terms and conditions click here, these contain important information including Booking Conditions which you must read before booking. *Cruises will only be available for UK guests. We are staying atop health and safety protocols in our continuing efforts to minimise the risk of exposure to COVID-19, which may impact our voyages and offerings, including amenities and itineraries.

4 minutes ago, dides said:

There are UK guest only restrictions for the short replacement "coastal cruises"  that will fill the gap this summer.We had this by email:

NEW short UK coastal cruises this summer*
Recent announcements from the UK Government on the roadmap to the end of lockdown has given us all optimism that we will be able to have a summer break after all! It's clear from the roadmap that when restrictions are lifted, it'll be UK holidays that will restart first before the gradual return of international travel. With this in mind, we're introducing a series of new short UK breaks aboard our stunning Royal Class ships; Regal Princess and Sky Princess, offering relaxing holidays at sea -  much-needed getaways and reunions, we're sure. We can't wait to welcome you back onboard our Princess ships!  Keep a look out for further details on these new Southampton summer sailings in the coming weeks.

Normal Princess Cruises booking conditions apply. To view our full terms and conditions click here, these contain important information including Booking Conditions which you must read before booking. *Cruises will only be available for UK guests. We are staying atop health and safety protocols in our continuing efforts to minimise the risk of exposure to COVID-19, which may impact our voyages and offerings, including amenities and itineraries.

Thanks for that. But normal cruises shoukd be OK for non UK travellers?

Just now, wowzz said:

Thanks for that. But normal cruises shoukd be OK for non UK travellers?

You would assume so later in the year but depends if all the restrictions are lifted in time.

2 hours ago, spyro1952 said:

I am also on the Island cruise October 5th.  I had to cancel 5 cruises last year so I am hoping this one goes.  I am fully vaccinated and don’t understand the restrictions allowing only UK residents.  Also booked on Regal TA on November 3rd.  Fingers crossed 🤞 

They haven’t confirmed yet if being vaccinated also means you can’t still spread the virus. Until that is confirmed they are working on being safe rather than sorry. I’m sure more data will be available on this in the next month or so. 

Both myself and my Husband have been vaccinated but we are still social distancing for the sake of others we might be on contact with. 

• Like 2

Our September British Isles cruise was cancelled. Disappointing as we’re from the U.K. 

On the bright side, we’ve manage to book the 25 night Canada & New England cruise sailing from Southampton in September 2022 in a mini suite on Sky Princess with Princess Plus effectively for half price thanks to all the FCC we’ve built up from cancelled cruises. Hoping it’ll be good to go by September 2022.

Will probably book one of the new 2021 U.K. cruises when they go on sale.

4 hours ago, amajaa said:

They haven’t confirmed yet if being vaccinated also means you can’t still spread the virus

Probably irrelevant,  as everyone should be vaccinated in the UK by July.

34 minutes ago, wowzz said:
5 hours ago, amajaa said:

They haven’t confirmed yet if being vaccinated also means you can’t still spread the virus

Totally relevant - 10-20% of people who get the vaccine won't gain immunity from it, 10-20% of people will refuse the vaccine.  Under 18's will not be vaccinated by July.   In addition new strains will arise which may cause minor illness so it will be vital that vaccines can at least reduce transmission of these variant strains even if they still cause some illness.

4 minutes ago, adam7392 said:

Totally relevant - 10-20% of people who get the vaccine won't gain immunity from it, 10-20% of people will refuse the vaccine.  Under 18's will not be vaccinated by July.   In addition new strains will arise which may cause minor illness so it will be vital that vaccines can at least reduce transmission of these variant strains even if they still cause some illness.

And your point is? What is your alternative?

The only way out of this situation is vaccination. Quibbling about percentages is just nincompoopery. 

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, amajaa said:

They haven’t confirmed yet if being vaccinated also means you can’t still spread the virus.

True.

Of the three vaccines with EUA approvals in the USA so far, they say:

o prevent serious illness

o prevent hospitalization

o prevent death

o up to 95% prevention of developing illness with presenting symptoms

In other words, there is a good change people who have had the vaccine but although not seriously affected themselves, might to able to catch the virus and pass it on to people who have not been vaccinated who might have a serious case, might be hospitalized and might die from it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

That’s first dose, a  second does is required for maximum protection.

I had my first dose at the beginning of January and at the same time yet another letter from the Health Secretary telling me to continue to Shield. I asked my Dr why and was told that I won’t have maximum protection until I have had my second dose.

On another note, Guernsey announced on Tuesday, that they won’t accept ANY cruise ships in 2021. They are obviously concerned about passengers spreading the virus.

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

That’s first dose, a  second does is required for maximum protection.

I had my first dose at the beginning of January and at the same time yet another letter from the Health Secretary telling me to continue to Shield. I asked my Dr why and was told that I won’t have maximum protection until I have had my second dose.

On another note, Guernsey announced on Tuesday, that they won’t accept ANY cruise ships in 2021. They are obviously concerned about passengers spreading the virus.

Although the data says the extra protection level given by the second dose is marginal. IIRC, 93% vs 88% or so. 

On 3/4/2021 at 7:53 PM, dreaminofcruisin said:

Not everyone will want to move to the cruise in 2022. Some will just cancel. Some (like us) are moving to a cruise in 2022 with the same ports, but in a different month.

Can I ask whether Princess moved your existing booking and benefits?

Princess said they would honour the replacement cruise in 2022, but it must be on the same date! i asked  for a transfer to a identical cruise 23 Sept 21 to 19 Oct 22. Not a chance they said a different month, 26 days! So applied for a refund, now i wait!

15 minutes ago, JustOxford said:

Princess said they would honour the replacement cruise in 2022, but it must be on the same date! i asked  for a transfer to a identical cruise 23 Sept 21 to 19 Oct 22. Not a chance they said a different month, 26 days! So applied for a refund, now i wait!

Unfortunately I think UK and US guests are treated differently 

I think EVERYONE on the planet has re-booked for May 2022!

Our pre-cruise hotel of choice which has 3 properties, is already

totally booked for May 2022! I put hours into that hotel research.

I e-mailed them to verify.

17 hours ago, caribill said:

True.

Of the three vaccines with EUA approvals in the USA so far, they say:

o prevent serious illness

o prevent hospitalization

o prevent death

o up to 95% prevention of developing illness with presenting symptoms

In other words, there is a good change people who have had the vaccine but although not seriously affected themselves, might to able to catch the virus and pass it on to people who have not been vaccinated who might have a serious case, might be hospitalized and might die from it.

While not from a clinical trial and therefor not in the label there is good data coming out (especially from Israel) that is showing substantial reduction is asymptomatic cases, as well as substantial reduction is spread after vaccination.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tracyken said:

Can I ask whether Princess moved your existing booking and benefits?

I put a new cruise ON HOLD and when I called them, they changed the on hold date to April 11th. They said I still needed to fill out the form they sent about what you wanted. They said they were handling the cancellations first and then they would do the moves of FCC etc. They said they had to move it back into my account first and then move it to the new cruise. I guess I will wait a few weeks and see if that happens. A couple traveling with it said they got the same message.

5 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I put a new cruise ON HOLD and when I called them, they changed the on hold date to April 11th. They said I still needed to fill out the form they sent about what you wanted. They said they were handling the cancellations first and then they would do the moves of FCC etc. They said they had to move it back into my account first and then move it to the new cruise. I guess I will wait a few weeks and see if that happens. A couple traveling with it said they got the same message.

Thank you.  I want to move to the same itinerary on a different date but they said I’d have to pay the difference.