Balcony Hacks?

codeyell0

On 5/1/2021 at 3:41 PM, Gabriele73 said:

AIDA does.

They have hammocks on every balcony.

I have cruised with AIDA 3 times. The hammocks are great. 
There are also 2 chairs and a little table on the balconies.

8F0BBD80-0532-49EF-BC4B-957E2CC5DD43.jpeg

Now I want to check out an AIDA cruise. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zekekelso said:

Most ship balconies are big enough for a pac n play, for when the little one has gone to sleep and mom and dad want to stay up and talk, watch tv or whatever. 

Yeah, leaving a small child unattended on a balcony all night seems like a great idea. Better yet, put it out there for a couple of hours so Dad can watch tv; then wake it up when you can bring the pac n play back inside. And good luck getting it back to sleep again. How about leaving the baby safely inside and the adults go sit on the balcony? If Dad needs screen time that badly, he can bring along a tablet and ear buds.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/8/2021 at 1:40 AM, codeyell0 said:

What have people done to improve or make better use of the balcony?

Get a suite so you get a big balcony with a real table and 4 chairs and 2 lounges.....

Basically Balcony uses   getting fresh air and sunshine

standing looking, sitting  eating drinking reading , if lounge available snoozing....

You can't really improve a tiny balcony.....  

On 5/26/2021 at 7:48 PM, getting older slowly said:

Get a suite so you get a big balcony with a real table and 4 chairs and 2 lounges.....

Basically Balcony uses   getting fresh air and sunshine

standing looking, sitting  eating drinking reading , if lounge available snoozing....

You can't really improve a tiny balcony.....  

My balcony on the MSC maraviglia is a longer balcony, room 8191 but the one video didn't show any more furniture huge balcony basically the size of a small room. I thought about inflatable chairs or something in the camping relm where it quickly deflates.  nohting I would leave out there just something comfy to chill in for hours. 
Think the staff would give me another chair or two?

This is the size of my balcony on my upcoming HAL cruise...a regular veranda stateroom but one of just two on this ship with a double-wide, extended balcony.  My hack will be to pass some greenbacks to my stateroom attendant on day 1 to see about a couple of loungers and a larger table, if they aren't already there.

N Statendam or Koningsdam Deck 4 balconies - Holland America Line - Cruise  Critic Community

On 6/2/2021 at 7:24 AM, msmayor said:

This is the size of my balcony on my upcoming HAL cruise...a regular veranda stateroom but one of just two on this ship with a double-wide, extended balcony.  My hack will be to pass some greenbacks to my stateroom attendant on day 1 to see about a couple of loungers and a larger table, if they aren't already there.

N Statendam or Koningsdam Deck 4 balconies - Holland America Line - Cruise  Critic Community

Please come back and let us know how this works out for you. You'd expect that with all that room, it shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 1

Most of my 1,469 cruises were NOT on mass market ships. You can probably guess what my profession was.

Some of my very clever guests convinced their cabin steward to bring electric extension cords, small electric lamps, electric fans, extra furniture, etc, so they could customize their balconies.

I brought a small electric fan to use on the balcony while my husband was photographing the Panama Canal from our balcony.  It is very hot and humid going through the canal even though our balcony was shady and the fan was a lifesaver.  But I don't think that would be allowed now.  

On 6/2/2021 at 7:24 AM, msmayor said:

I think this might be bigger than my backyard 🤣

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is what our balcony will be like.
I'm surprised with its size no lounge chairs.

I'm going to try for the greenback option 
I did buy an inflatable lounge chair figured I would use it on the beach on MSC's private island
it was only 15.00 and takes minimal room once deflated

balcony.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, codeyell0 said:

This is what our balcony will be like.
I'm surprised with its size no lounge chairs.

I'm going to try for the greenback option 
I did buy an inflatable lounge chair figured I would use it on the beach on MSC's private island
it was only 15.00 and takes minimal room once deflated

balcony.jpg

While that is big I don't think I would enjoy it.   Doesn't seem like much of it is really functional for enjoying the view of the ocean.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColeThornton said:

While that is big I don't think I would enjoy it.   Doesn't seem like much of it is really functional for enjoying the view of the ocean.

view is fine but its very deep.  i know its not wide, width is usually where the cost goes up.
but I'll take more room where i can.  but a pair of lounge chairs would make this area just right.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, codeyell0 said:

so i saw this on a video on the MSC Meraviglia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWJD6YHiDk8

Nice.  Is your balcony this big, or would you have to remove all the balcony furniture? I don't recall exposed steel beams on Celebrity balconies that you could use to loop those straps holding the hammock. Perhaps someone else could verify.

1 hour ago, mom says said:

Nice.  Is your balcony this big, or would you have to remove all the balcony furniture? I don't recall exposed steel beams on Celebrity balconies that you could use to loop those straps holding the hammock. Perhaps someone else could verify.

on my msc cruise we have a corner balcony like in the video but its not that wide but it is deep. that video was 3 rooms all opened up