Broadway show on Oasis

Just now, Sea Dog said:

When I see a musical on a ship my expectations are pretty low. If i wanted to see Hamilton or a broadway show I'd go to Broadway.

Have you seen them on oasis class? During my tour they told us this was the only class that paid royalties to do actual broadway musicals. Other ships do song selections but not actual musicals.

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

When I see a musical on a ship my expectations are pretty low. If i wanted to see Hamilton or a broadway show I'd go to Broadway.

Oasis class ships do a very good job. This is not the Royal Caribbean singers and dancers of the past.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Have you seen them on oasis class?

Yes and I think they are good and entertaining. I don't have a problem with any of the entertainment I've seen, but then again I'm not expecting Broadway.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Oasis class ships do a very good job

Agreed. I haven't seen Cat's so I will be interested in seeing it because of all the talk around here. Saw Grease on Harmony a couple of years ago and enjoyed it very much.

Been performing in musicals since forever, daughter was a theater major & acts/directs currently.  So l think perhaps I am looking for something other than main stream shows.  The cruise line has a much wider demographic to please.  
If you could choose a show without regard to its mass appeal, what would you pick?  My list includes:

Aida

Rent

JC Superstar

my all time favorite and one that I think could absolutely work -PIPPIN!!!

58 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes and I think they are good and entertaining. I don't have a problem with any of the entertainment I've seen, but then again I'm not expecting Broadway.

We have only seen a couple of plays on rccl, we do find them entertaining but agree we are not expecting Broadway productions and talent . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, poocher said:

Been performing in musicals since forever, daughter was a theater major & acts/directs currently.  So l think perhaps I am looking for something other than main stream shows.  The cruise line has a much wider demographic to please.  
If you could choose a show without regard to its mass appeal, what would you pick?  My list includes:

Aida

Rent

JC Superstar

I liked pippin.

For rcl I would pick jacques brel is alive and well and living in Paris. 

I think the stripper songs would be a big hit, I saw it with liza minnelli. 

I like the songs from chicago. Half a sixpence for the brits. I could go on forever. 

Edited by firefly333

3 hours ago, poocher said:

Aida

Rent

JC Superstar

JC Superstar is by far my favorite but I think it would be difficult to try and present in today's world, unfortunately.  Once I start singing those songs in my head, I canNOT get them out !

• Like 1

20 hours ago, poocher said:

Aida

Rent

JC Superstar

I enjoy Mamma Mia & Grease very much.

Wicked

Rent

On 3/11/2021 at 7:48 AM, pat1975 said:

I saw Cats a few years back on Oasis.  After intermission 75% of the people left.  

8 of us were one of those...worst show I 've seen on RCI, and I've been on 18 RCI cruises...Hairspray, We Will Rock You, Grease, Saturday Night Fever, all much better IMO..

• Thanks 1

I love the fact that you can see Broadway type shows on some of Royal's ships.  Loved Mamma Mia, Hairspray, Grease. I have to admit that Cats is not as appealing.  Before our Oasis cruise, I plan on listening to the music a few times as I tend to enjoy musicals more when I know the songs.  

• Like 2

On 3/13/2021 at 10:03 AM, poocher said:

We are on Harmony next March and are stuck with Grease,  one of the worst musicals ever written.  And I say that from an experience viewpoint cuz I was in it.  The movie only made the whole thing worse.  The only thing that could possibly be worse would be that elevator music(al) Mamma Mia.  Abba was awful in the original!!

Personal opinion I guess.  We are looking forward to seeing Grease on the Indy.  Not saying it is the best musical every written, but our family enjoys the movie.  We all love the music in Mamma Mia.  Hope we can let the kids see it on the cruise one day.

1 hour ago, Russ Lomas said:

Personal opinion I guess.  We are looking forward to seeing Grease on the Indy.  Not saying it is the best musical every written, but our family enjoys the movie.  We all love the music in Mamma Mia.  Hope we can let the kids see it on the cruise one day.

So do I.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1