P&O Demand proof of Vaccine

yorky

5 minutes ago, lynn2002 said:

My daughter is 17 and therefore will not  be receiving the vaccine until she is 18.  Will she be allowed to travel if she has not been vaccinated.  I don't think I can get her vaccinated privately.

In terms of P&O the article says "At the moment we're stipulating that all guests of all ages must be vaccinated to come on board with us," Mr Ludlow added."

Edited by paulh84

24 minutes ago, lynn2002 said:

My daughter is 17 and therefore will not  be receiving the vaccine until she is 18.  Will she be allowed to travel if she has not been vaccinated.  I don't think I can get her vaccinated privately.

I believe Pfizer is licensed for 16-18s. However when/if she will be offered it. AZ is over 18s and the main vaccination in UK at present.

I imagine the plan will be to do children at some stage. No reason not safe for them. Certainly the jabs they get at the moment are no more dangerous,... and less researched too. Covid jabs just not tested on the young uns and pregnant.

Pfizer says its Covid vaccine trial for kids ages 12 to 15 is fully enrolled (cnbc.com)

I did notice this in yorky's article link also:

"Guests will also have to have travel insurance that "must include medical and repatriation cover" and medical expenses related to Covid-19."

I wonder how much this would affect US bookings If this would be implemented for all lines in the future (wouldn't bother us as we always get insurance now that we're older) but I can imagine some here on CC who would say NO WAY, as in NO vaccinations, NO insurance, NO tips lol 😁

29 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

I did notice this in yorky's article link also:

"Guests will also have to have travel insurance that "must include medical and repatriation cover" and medical expenses related to Covid-19."

I wonder how much this would affect US bookings If this would be implemented for all lines in the future (wouldn't bother us as we always get insurance now that we're older) but I can imagine some here on CC who would say NO WAY, as in NO vaccinations, NO insurance, NO tips lol 😁

Aida or MSC, cannot remember which, basically just builds this into the fare for like $15. Very inexpensive and solves a lot of issues. 

If someone had such an issue with something that is that inexpensive and a complete no-brainer, they should probably stay home anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Aida or MSC, cannot remember which, basically just builds this into the fare for like $15. Very inexpensive and solves a lot of issues. 

If someone had such an issue with something that is that inexpensive and a complete no-brainer, they should probably stay home anyway. 

Basically all lines sailing in Europe have a "Covid-Protection-Plan" included.

We sailed with TUI Cruises which included the insurance and even the PCR-test required to travel to Greece.

2 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

I believe Pfizer is licensed for 16-18s. However when/if she will be offered it. AZ is over 18s and the main vaccination in UK at present.

I imagine the plan will be to do children at some stage. No reason not safe for them. Certainly the jabs they get at the moment are no more dangerous,... and less researched too. Covid jabs just not tested on the young uns and pregnant.

Pfizer says its Covid vaccine trial for kids ages 12 to 15 is fully enrolled (cnbc.com)

News changes every day.

Children are now in studies and a vaccinated pregnant woman gave birth to a  baby with antibodies.  More info will no doubt be posted on the "Light at end of Tunnel"  Vaccine Thread

19 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

Basically all lines sailing in Europe have a "Covid-Protection-Plan" included.

We sailed with TUI Cruises which included the insurance and even the PCR-test required to travel to Greece.

We have a annual travel insurance policy and they temporarily added Covid coverage last year.  We were notified a few days ago that this coverage would be a permanent part of the plan coverage and would also cover not just Covid but any pandemic.   

Vaccinated and insured and ready to go.

• Like 1