The Daily for Friday Mar 19, 2021

richwmn

Good morning everyone!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. 

Certified Nurses definitely deserve a day. Laughter is the best medicine for sure. As long as the wind stays away we will celebrate our backyard. 

I will pass on the meal suggestion, we had pork chops recently. We will probably have leftovers from last night, I made a flank steak that was huge. 

Craig gets his first vaccine today. I am so happy that very soon both of us will be fully vaccinated. 

We have not been to today’s port. We’ve been to Italy several times but never made it to Florence. It is definitely on our future list. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, lcand1923 said:

Thank you, Everyone, for the pictures from Livorno trips.

I am a bit down today because a dear friend, 63 years old, passed yesterday.  I’m still in a state of shock.

Also, My Dad and his older brother were both born on St. Joseph’s Day.  I miss them both.

I’ve been lucky enough to visit Florence on land trips and been to the port of Livorno once.  From Livorno, I took a ship sponsored shore excursion to Siena and San Gimignano.  I was speaking with some friends last evening and we were saying how much we love visiting Italy.

Thank you, Dailyites, for brightening my day.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend.  It seems everyone has lost someone or several someones, in the past year.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, lcand1923 said:

I am a bit down today because a dear friend, 63 years old, passed yesterday.  I’m still in a state of shock.

Also, My Dad and his older brother were both born on St. Joseph’s Day.  I miss them both.

I’ve been lucky enough to visit Florence on land trips and been to the port of Livorno once.  From Livorno, I took a ship sponsored shore excursion to Siena and San Gimignano.  I was speaking with some friends last evening and we were saying how much we love visiting Italy.

We are sorry for your loss. God's comfort to your friend's family and to you.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I have been blessed to live many places with a backyard that people go to for vacations. I was raised in Ruston, WA, with Point Defiance Park as my backyard.

My DW and I split time between Skykomish and Westport, WA, now and appreciate the 'backyards' at both locations.

Here is a shot of Maloney Creek in our Skykomish backyard: 2092775640_maloneycreek.thumb.JPG.a0164d1e5bcf75f061f55ec664ca8a93.JPG

and here is Grays Harbor Lighthouse and part of the 18 mile backyard beach we enjoy in Westport:906997219_graysharborlighthouse.thumb.JPG.bf743f9eaa286f3255512f504334e7e2.JPGstump.thumb.JPG.0baa6da00840962d7fb379a618b67e35.JPG

• Like 23

Good morning, all! I salute our nurses, they always deserve it but this past year has been particularly hard. The backyard and I have had a fair bit of quality time together the past few days. It’s looking much better, I’m a little the worse for wear. We know who won that round! I’ve never been to Italy, and look forward to pics of today’s port!

@jodi58congratulations on getting your jab! My BIL and wife in Montreal got theirs a couple of weeks ago. I’m in your age group, but BC seems to be getting less vaccine per capita and I can’t register for at least another month. 
Finally, Happy Friday everyone, and may we be back on our blue hulled beauties soon!

E6DF31D7-4153-4D53-A1CD-2702517E5233.thumb.jpeg.9de1dc02b40d9ce846f9f016476cbcdb.jpeg

• Like 20

Morning all. Son and grandkids left an hour ago. House is very quiet. 
My sister is a nurse who loved learning and now has a doctorate in infectious diseases so she is my doctor nurse. I’m glad there is a day to celebrate nurses. 

• Like 18

26 minutes ago, lcand1923 said:

I am so sorry to hear this 😢 Our prayers are with you, your friend and their family 🙏🏻 Our sincere condolences on your loss ♥️ 

• Like 10

Thanks to Rich, Roy, the drinks and recipe ladies and all who enjoy the daily.

Three cheers for all the nurses, everyone I’ve seen during the past year has been marvelous, especially the surgical nurses during my surgery last year.

There are a good number of laughs here today and I’m sure I have some more throughout the day.

The backyard is very soggy today so I’ll just look at my flowers from the deck.

I have only been to Florence on land. In 2004 we spent Thanksgiving weekend outside Florence at a vineyard cooking school with some friends. Other than the food, the best part was going into Florence, on a day the Uffizi was open and standing in front of my favorite painting, The Birth of Venus by Botticelli.

Dfish – you can definitely make this dish without the brown sugar. The bacon and sun dried tomatoes will provide wonderful flavor and browning.

We loved our visit to Jerez during another Thanksgiving. Tasting the different sherries and enjoying beautiful California-style weather. We lived in England at the time.

Prayers for all on the care list and those who need them and best wishes to all.

PS: how do I highlight user names to get the blue @baltic17, for instance.

• Like 15

@lcand1923 I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  It takes quite a while to get your head around a sudden unexpected death.  Give yourself the time you need.   Remember your friend in the good times and those memories will get you through.

@Vict0riannWhat a bummer!   Is it possible Dr. Bonnie could change her mind later?

@TiogaCruiserThank you for the clarification on Certified Nurses.   That is an important distinction.

@DeeniEncinitasOh, my gosh, your picture blew me away

Today is also my dad's birthday.  He would have been 92.  He said that as a kid he wished he had been born on St. Patrick's Day, but when he learned about the feast of St. Joseph on the 19th, he was very happy that he shared the date.   He proudly told everyone that he was born on the Feast of St. Joseph.

The Man The Myth The Legend.jpg

• Like 24

3 minutes ago, baltic17 said:

PS: how do I highlight user names to get the blue @baltic17, for instance.

When you type in the @baltic17, a list will appear with all the similar names - just click on the one you want and it will be highlighted in your post.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lcand1923 said:

I am so sorry for your loss, so young! 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, lcand1923 said:

I am so sorry. Prayers for your friend, the family and you. Hope wonderful memories help ease your pain. 

• Like 9

Good morning and thanks all!   
We enjoyed the first afternoon on our deck in the sun yesterday!  Not quite Florida by the pool,  but we'll take it!  
We’ve visited Livorno, and area several times.  Like Jacqui we adore Lucca, enjoyed bicycling around those walls!    And Florence never ceases to amaze!  Highly recommend anywhere in Italy! 

D19C686B-E691-4BDB-82CB-DB098696EB59.jpeg

• Like 19

@lcand1923 I am so sorry for your loss. This has been a difficult year.

@Vict0riannthere are two reasons I hope Dr. Henry reverses her decision later. First, I have a trip booked for late November I’d really like to take, if all else levels out. Second, and most important, it is a HUGE mistake not to let those who are vaccinated have more freedom than those who are not. Too many people are on the fence about getting the vaccine at all. If there turns out to be zero incentive to have it, guess what they’ll decide. Especially at that rate, we will never reach herd immunity. Do we just ban public gatherings and international travel until the end of time because someone’s feelings might be hurt? This was a truly bad call, IMHO.

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2

@lcand1923I'm adding my heartfelt condolences on the loss of your dear friend.  2020 and 2021 have been so hard on everyone, but it's difficult to wrap your head around the passing of someone so young.  I hope it helps to know that others care.

Smooth Sailing!

Gerry

• Like 11

Good Morning from Maui🌴...only 7:30 a.m. here so I will be "late" every day, lol! 😉 I'm working from my tablet while being away from home....👍Thank You for the Daily! 😁We have been to Livorno several times and enjoyed tours with Cruise Critic groups.

🙏 Prayers to all in need.🌴

FB_IMG_1616172465561.jpg

• Like 20

28 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

it is a HUGE mistake not to let those who are vaccinated have more freedom than those who are not. Too many people are on the fence about getting the vaccine at all. If there turns out to be zero incentive to have it, guess what they’ll decide

I so agree with you on this one 👍 

There should be a benefit to being vaccinated.  We’ve all hunkered down long enough.  

The cruise ships beginning to sail in June are showing a benefit.  No vaccine (unless you are under age 18), no cruise.

• Like 14