Travel Insurance cruise cover.

majortom10

1 hour ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

You are a little star, Many MANY thanks. Will purchase said insurance pronto.

No rush as presently Travel insurance is null and void as presently if booked , will be against FCO advice.

Edited by LifeonMars

Fyi

Your insurance is sold and administered by Worldwide Internet Insurance Services 
Limited an insurance intermediary licenced in Gibraltar by the Financial Services 
Commission under Permission Number 5570 
CoverForYou.com Travel Insurance
www.coverforyou.com
Confirmation of Cover – UK ‘Cruises to nowhere’
This document confirms that all policies sold by CoverForYou
provide cover for a ‘Cruise to nowhere’ as standard1
Standard cover includes:
‐  on board emergency medical costs2

‐  the costs of repatriation (emergency evacuation) to
the UK mainland where medically necessary3
‐  disruption due to Coronavirus4

The cover highlighted in this document is selected to clarify
cover for customers taking a ‘Cruise to nowhere’. For a full
overview of your cover including cancellation, curtailment,
baggage and more please refer to the schedule of benefits in
your policy wording. All cover is subject to the terms and
conditions found in your policy wording, cover levels vary
based on the cover level you have chosen.
1 A 'Cruise to nowhere' is a cruise that departs from and returns to a UK port without
calling at any additional ports. Cover is in force from the time you leave port in the UK
to the time you return to port in the UK. This cover stems from the insured person
being outside their Home Area while at sea as the territorial waters around the UK do
not form part of the Home Area definition within our policy wording.
2 The intention of your cover is to pay for emergency medical/surgical/dental treatment
only and not for treatment or surgery that can be reasonably delayed until your return
to the UK mainland. All policies include £15 million of Emergency Medical expenses
cover.  
3 With the prior authorisation of our Emergency Medical Assistance Service only. Cover
under this policy will cease once you have been repatriated to either your home or an
NHS facility on the UK mainland. There is no cover for private treatment on the UK
mainland under this policy.
4 Find further details of what we cover at
https://www.coverforyou.com/coronavirus_cover.php
Last updated: 08/04/2021 (Version 1)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, LifeonMars said:

No rush as presently Travel insurance is null and void as presently if booked , will be against FCO advice.

Your travel insurance isnt null and void if booked presently for a cruise when the FCDO allow cruising it is only null and void if you travel during the time FCDO are advising against travel. This was confirmed recently by my travel insurance company.

If you werent insured for future cruises once FCDO travel ban is lifted when booked now then everyone who books for all the cruises recently released by P&O up until 2023 would not be insured. If that was the case I do not think the cruise lines would be presently releasing holidays for 2023.

Edited by majortom10
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Your travel insurance isnt null and void if booked presently for a cruise when the FCDO allow cruising it is only null and void if you travel during the time FCDO are advising against travel. This was confirmed recently by my travel insurance company.

If you werent insured for future cruises once FCDO travel ban is lifted when booked now then everyone who books for all the cruises recently released by P&O up until 2023 would not be insured. If that was the case I do not think the cruise lines would be presently releasing holidays for 2023.

That is what I said. Presently the FCO are advising against Cruising.    Once it is allowed then obviously Insurance is a must. However many passengers may not be insured for all costs  even though they think they are, especially for Medical costs on board, whilst cruising to nowhere  or Cruises just around UK. Which is classified as different to a Regular Cruise with a foreign port.   Cruising Insurance presently is a minefield although a few are now actually stating what is covered. 

Edited by LifeonMars
spell check

6 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Has anybody tried the insurance that p and o sell for prices and cover 

P&O don't sell the insurance, they are partnered with Holiday Extras. I found them far more expensive than other insurers with no better cover, probably because P&O get a cut. Check out the site for details.

P&O Cruises Holiday Insurance (holidayextras.com)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, yorkshirephil said:

P&O don't sell the insurance, they are partnered with Holiday Extras. I found them far more expensive than other insurers with no better cover, probably because P&O get a cut. Check out the site for details.

P&O Cruises Holiday Insurance (holidayextras.com)

And more wriggly than a bucket full of eels. Nasty company. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LifeonMars said:

That is what I said. Presently the FCO are advising against Cruising.    Once it is allowed then obviously Insurance is a must. However many passengers may not be insured for all costs  even though they think they are, especially for Medical costs on board, whilst cruising to nowhere  or Cruises just around UK. Which is classified as different to a Regular Cruise with a foreign port.   Cruising Insurance presently is a minefield although a few are now actually stating what is covered. 

I think you may be confused. The travel insurance will be null and void if you go on a cruise when the government advises against cruising. There is no problem booking the cruises. If you have to cancel the cruise due to unforeseen circumstances you can claim off your insurance even if the advice not to cruise is still in force.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LifeonMars said:

Sorry if I am mistaken but you gave the impression that if you booked travel insurance now for a future cruise once the FCDO lift the ban on cruising then the insurance would be null and void but it wouldnt as long as you took the cruise after FCDO ban is lifted. It doesnt matter when you purchase the travel insurance. It is a minefield with regards to cruises in UK waters and many will think they are covered when they are not. Staysure have confirmed that for those cruising on P&O/Cunard/Princess with an annual policy will be covered and they will send you an endorsement document to confirm it to show at check in if questions are asked when boarding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bin man said:

Has anybody tried the insurance that p and o sell for prices and cover 

Yes I have and they wanted for a single trip policy covering 7days for a couple aged 62/61 with medical history but nothing serious nearly £80.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Yes I have and they wanted for a single trip policy covering 7days for a couple aged 62/61 with medical history but nothing serious nearly £80.

They quoted me aged 70 with medical conditions 7 night single trip policy nearly £200 😨

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davecttr said:

They quoted me aged 70 with medical conditions 7 night single trip policy nearly £200 😨

Yes they are really ripping people off. I also had a quote from them for an annual multi trip cruise policy at the beginning of March and that was telephone numbers.

• Like 2

I had a quote for hubby and me (with medical conditions) from the Post Office for our 4 night seacation with Princess of £220 !! Princess don't have the £2000000 cover for UK like P and O do We have £1000000 worldwide cover and £10000 cover for UK with our bank and will stick with that

6 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I had a quote for hubby and me (with medical conditions) from the Post Office for our 4 night seacation with Princess of £220 !! Princess don't have the £2000000 cover for UK like P and O do We have £1000000 worldwide cover and £10000 cover for UK with our bank and will stick with that

Have you contacted your bank to make sure that you are covered as you are sailing only in UK waters. Many are automatically assuming that if they have Europe or Worldwide cover with their insurance it covers them but as many are finding out it doesnt.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ataraxia said:

I think you may be confused. The travel insurance will be null and void if you go on a cruise when the government advises against cruising. There is no problem booking the cruises. If you have to cancel the cruise due to unforeseen circumstances you can claim off your insurance even if the advice not to cruise is still in force.

I beg to differ on that.

Whilst FCO restrictions are in force then  most  Travel Insurance will not pay out, until restrictions are lifted even though you have booked. They will expect the Cruise Company to pay you back or a FCC. It does depend when you booked your policy, or if you have continuous renewal. 

see link here re one insurance co. 

https://www.coverforyou.com/faqs_travel.php#am-i-covered-for-a-cruise

Edited by LifeonMars

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Apologies if this has already been suggested on here as I have just popped in , but have you tried the Post Office Economy? I got an online quote for 68/70 couple with nothing serious for £52.

31 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Have you contacted your bank to make sure that you are covered as you are sailing only in UK waters. Many are automatically assuming that if they have Europe or Worldwide cover with their insurance it covers them but as many are finding out it doesnt.

I am waiting until May or June when hopefully things will have been made more clear by insurance companies and the cruise companies.At the moment people are hearing different things from different companies and even in some cases different people from the same company!We have only paid £50pp deposit for our Sept mini cruise and nearer the time if the bank won't cover insurance we will get some written quotes and decide then

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scriv said:

Apologies if this has already been suggested on here as I have just popped in , but have you tried the Post Office Economy? I got an online quote for 68/70 couple with nothing serious for £52.

1 minute ago, Scriv said:

No I didnt need to bother in the end because my insurance company covered Seacation/Staycation cruises for Cunard/P&O/Princess. I initially got the quote from HE because my insurance company only initially covered Cunard & P&O and didnt realise that Princess were part of the same company. They eventually after a few days included Princess.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

No I didnt need to bother in the end because my insurance company covered Seacation/Staycation cruises for Cunard/P&O/Princess. I initially got the quote from HE because my insurance company only initially covered Cunard & P&O and didnt realise that Princess were part of the same company. They eventually after a few days included Princess.

Glad you are sorted anyway. I am still hanging on to see if my insurer Nationwide Flex Plus and P&O can come to some arrangement between them. I live in hope.

48 minutes ago, LifeonMars said:

I beg to differ on that.

Whilst FCO restrictions are in force then  most  Travel Insurance will not pay out, until restrictions are lifted even though you have booked. They will expect the Cruise Company to pay you back or a FCC. It does depend when you booked your policy, or if you have continuous renewal. 

see link here re one insurance co. 

https://www.coverforyou.com/faqs_travel.php#am-i-covered-for-a-cruise

I have read it - it quite clearly says if you choose to TRAVEL against FCO advice then you are not covered. It mentions nothing about booking.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Yes they are really ripping people off. I also had a quote from them for an annual multi trip cruise policy at the beginning of March and that was telephone numbers.

They quoted us over £400 for a 7 night Cruise to Nowhere.

Edited by silversurf
Addition
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, silversurf said:

They quoted us over £400 for a 7 night Cruise to Nowhere.

They really want reporting to Financial Conduct Authority with extortionate charges like this.

It really is shocking that P&O/Cunard are giving themselves a bad reputation by recommending Holiday Extras just in the name of commission.

Edited by majortom10
  • Like 1