Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

7 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

I’m not saying it! I will put the thought from my mind, so I’m not even thinking it.

I’d be okay organising a PCR if it was decided it would be the best way to proceed.  Please just let me on the ship!

Keep the thoughts away and print your e ticket and boarding pass up load your photo you can choose one from your photo library as long it’s not 3 months older, I’ve done mine yesterday and today and just got to pack now and find a nice bling face mask for the formal night ( Hope there is one ) 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Keep the thoughts away and print your e ticket and boarding pass up load your photo you can choose one from your photo library as long it’s not 3 months older, I’ve done mine yesterday and today and just got to pack now and find a nice bling face mask for the formal night ( Hope there is one ) 

That good to know about the photos.  I am going for a major hair chop tomorrow, so decided to wait until after, if I don’t like it I will upload a different photo 😀

I prefer the pleated style of mask, and not found a blingy one of those, plenty of the other style of mask on Etsy. 

Packing is being planned! Feeling excited 😊 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

and find a nice bling face mask for the formal night ( Hope there is one ) 

I found some nice ones on Etsy.  They have a couple of rows of tiny 'crystals', but aren't tacky at all.  I was surprised how nice they were...They came with a free pair of gloves which are nice. I've put them away for the autumn/winter.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

I have just this minute seen on FB a copy of the letter given to passengers currently onboard the Virtuosa stating that due to Scottish legislation, they will no longer be able to stop at Greenock (think it is due tomorrow or the next day) for passengers to either embark or disembark. Feel so sorry for anyone who is losing their holiday due to this at such short notice.

It was the first visit to Greenock for the ship.  Possibly only one person due to disembark.  Someone on the ship at present has reported member of staff told them only 38  were due to embark there.  Apparently one couple chose to drive to Liverpool and embark today and the others chose not to do so.  Ship now staying in Liverpool until tomorrow.

Apparently all Greenock calls now cancelled up to and including 23rd of this month.

Edited by tring

10 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

I didn’t think of a dress face mask for formal night. Thanks

5 hours ago, tring said:

It was the first visit to Greenock for the ship.  Possibly only one person due to disembark.  Someone on the ship at present has reported member of staff told them only 38  were due to embark there.  Apparently one couple chose to drive to Liverpool and embark today and the others chose not to do so.  Ship now staying in Liverpool until tomorrow.

Apparently all Greenock calls now cancelled up to and including 23rd of this month.

I had a look at the map on BBC with the numbers of cases.  Over the last week the numbers have been increasing from blue to orange outside Glasgow.  Not quite reached Inverclyde, but it's probably just a matter of time before Inverclyde cases rise again.

• Thanks 1

Checked the price for my stacation cruise in Sept and it has gone down by £1500 for my cabin grade!! I got a BLC discount so I will still just be paying less than current prices, but its not quite as good an offer now. If they are still running the discount might be worth me cancelling and rebooking. Anyone else noticed this?

29 minutes ago, NaomiW said:

Checked the price for my stacation cruise in Sept and it has gone down by £1500 for my cabin grade!! I got a BLC discount so I will still just be paying less than current prices, but its not quite as good an offer now. If they are still running the discount might be worth me cancelling and rebooking. Anyone else noticed this?

Which cruise are you travelling on?  Seems some are up as well as down!

34 minutes ago, NaomiW said:

Worth enquiring about what the price would be at the moment with BLC discount and if cheaper cancel and rebook. You shouldnt lose any deposit because you are allowed to move cruises free of charge.

1 hour ago, NaomiW said:

Wow, that kind of room did you book? , struggling to see a Seacation that could be reduced in price by £1500.00 without them giving it away.  I would definitely ask for a reprice. 

Earlier in the thread, Naomi said she'd booked a suite for her 40th for Sept 18th

25 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

Wow, that kind of room did you book? , struggling to see a Seacation that could be reduced in price by £1500.00 without them giving it away.  I would definitely ask for a reprice. 

That's cabin price, so £750 pp. Earlier in this thread Naomi said she'd booked a suite for their 40th on Sept 18th cruise. So that must be the Iona 7-dayer.

10 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

A huge price drop even for a suite, I’m on that cruise we booked a deluxe which has now sold out, but I notice balconies have gone up a little. 
so I would get the new price applied sooner rather than later. 

So the suite price (before blc) had gone from £4000 to £2500. However I phoned them and it turns out that they are just doing 1 price for the conservatory mini-suite up and calling them all suites.. so if you book at £2500 it seems pretty certain youd get the conservatory mini suite (which would be lovely! But obv a cheaper cabin) Guessing the full suites have sold out but theyre just trying to sell more cabins?

1 hour ago, Pink-belle said:

Dont worry, I got a very good discount with the blue light card (well over 50%), but I was just wondering if I could get it even cheaper (I cant 😢)

That makes more sense using a lower base line figure 🙂. Yes with BLC I was quoted around £600 for the conservatory mini suite, but didn’t want to take the gamble with being on the Prom deck.  Although I now understand the prom deck is staggered in some way and the balconies are above the walking area. 
I will definitely be taking a walk past to have a look for future cruises.  At least you know no one else will be paying less than you, and it will be an amazing Birthday treat. 

Yes they do, we needed to give them the membership number to get the discount.  Plus, like the military OBC you are asked to take proof of membership/entitlement  with you on the cruise However, a lady at the PSD once told me it’s a random check. 

18 minutes ago, Bertie Doe said:

Do cruise lines or TAs ask for evidence of BLC membership? It would be awful this scheme was abused.

37 minutes ago, Bertie Doe said:

Do cruise lines or TAs ask for evidence of BLC membership? It would be awful this scheme was abused.

Dont know about P&O but Cunard asked for the card number and name of card holder dont know if they check it with BLC.

On 5/27/2021 at 7:30 PM, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi our cruise is not till 4 th July but just wondering when cabins will be allocated 🤗

We are on the 4 July and got our stateroom number a few days ago 2 ago......makes you think it might now happen....🛳🛳🛳⛴⛴⛴⛴

• Like 2

Just now, Rocky of London said:

We are on the 4 July and got our stateroom number a few days ago 2 ago......makes you think it might now happen....🛳🛳🛳⛴⛴⛴⛴

Wow fantastic news we haven’t been allocated our yet did you get an email? Or did you check your vp starting to get excited and a bit nervous now 🤗

9 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Wow fantastic news we haven’t been allocated our yet did you get an email? Or did you check your vp starting to get excited and a bit nervous now 🤗

You need to check in vp, I didn't get an email. 

In vp go to Check in and on the first page at the top the stateroom number is there.