Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

Actually, thinking about this lanyard stuff, the on board shop used to sell one's with the ship's name on.  I think they were about £3 a pop, but it's been a long time!!

Will we get one of these at no charge?  Or will we just get a bit of old string?!

Still got my little selection of lanyards that I used for work.  Might have to un-retire one or two of the non-work related ones for a bit of fun.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I must admit I'm not a medallion man kind of guy, and all these lanyard things remind of when I used to work, so not keen on them.  Neither do I have any lame excuses, so if we are required to have said medallion on display whilst outside our cabin I will of course do so.

Needs must and it's for everyone's benefit, so hopefully everyone will comply and staff will not have to ask pax to show that they have their OceanOrbit Medallion with them.

I'm sure you probably know, but for those who might not, the Princess Medallion does not have to worn around your deck - you can just keep it in your pocket.

2 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Actually, thinking about this lanyard stuff, the on board shop used to sell one's with the ship's name on.  I think they were about £3 a pop, but it's been a long time!!

Will we get one of these at no charge?  Or will we just get a bit of old string?!

Still got my little selection of lanyards that I used for work.  Might have to un-retire one or two of the non-work related ones for a bit of fun.

I had an Arcadia lanyard that I used at work.

It was nice to have a cruise reminder when in the office

I've probably still got it somewhere

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I had an Arcadia lanyard that I used at work.

It was nice to have a cruise reminder when in the office

I've probably still got it somewhere

Still got mine from the Azura from 2011. It sits in my desk drawer gets little used now unless I go to a conference as I work for myself, would seem a little silly to wear it around the house. 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, jaydee6969 said:
  10 hours ago, amfc_lenny said:

Is it just me or have they extended the number of cruises on Britannia in mid September, don’t remember seeing these before?

We toyed with the Britannia relocation from Southampton to Barbados on 22nd Oct '21 but the balcony price needs to be a bit keener, to tempt us 🙄

On 5/22/2021 at 4:22 PM, Pink-belle said:

How long just beforehand? You do know they aren’t allowing back to backs don’t you?

When I enquired, at launch, so it may have changed, there needed to be 7 days between cruises, so I couldn’t tie in a P&O and Princess. 

Thank you Pink-belle for mentioning this - what would I do without CC folks and their information uploads - had booked QE and then a day in Southampton and off on Princess - when I saw this, called Cunard and a very sweet young lady said no one had asked about the 7 day rule for different companies and when she checked with her supervisor, same thing.   Received an email today that states this rule does apply so I have to rebook one of them - grrrr but thank you again for helping me avoid disaster

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, teabear said:

Thank you Pink-belle for mentioning this - what would I do without CC folks and their information uploads - had booked QE and then a day in Southampton and off on Princess - when I saw this, called Cunard and a very sweet young lady said no one had asked about the 7 day rule for different companies and when she checked with her supervisor, same thing.   Received an email today that states this rule does apply so I have to rebook one of them - grrrr but thank you again for helping me avoid disaster

I’m glad you managed to get this sorted out ahead of time. I just decided it will be quite nice coming home knowing it’s only a few weeks until  I am back on board again.  Thankfully only an hour and a half drive to Southampton for me, a pain if you are further. 

I hope this farce does not extend to the P&O boarding procedures for this summers cruises. It is reported that some passengers hoping to fly to Dublin were refused boarding because they had the wrong sort of PCR test. Apparently ones done as part of test and trace are not valid and one lady had her test done at work in the NHS and they are not valid either. Apparently the government regulations say only PRIVATE paid for PCR tests are valid for travel.

You could not make it up 🙄

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I hope this farce does not extend to the P&O boarding procedures for this summers cruises. It is reported that some passengers hoping to fly to Dublin were refused boarding because they had the wrong sort of PCR test. Apparently ones done as part of test and trace are not valid and one lady had her test done at work in the NHS and they are not valid either. Apparently the government regulations say only PRIVATE paid for PCR tests are valid for travel.

But that’s how it should be, the NHS should in no way be funding people going on holiday or flying.  A bit like Jabs for travel, you have always had to pay for them.

The difference is the LFT, that P& O suggest you take, as the government would like us all to be doing these twice a week anyway, they don’t require it,  just see it as a sensible precaution before you travel to Southampton.   I agree with them. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

But that’s how it should be, the NHS should in no way be funding people going on holiday or flying.  A bit like Jabs for travel, you have always had to pay for them.

I have had more jabs for travelling than I care to count and never paid for any of them.

16 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

I have had more jabs for travelling than I care to count and never paid for any of them.

Are you sure that wasn’t for vaccines that are available and recommended for the general population, if needed, thinking Polio and Hepatitis?

you need to pay for things like Yellow fever, I couldn’t get that from my GP even for a fee, needed to go privately for that.  TB I got from GP but had to pay a private prescription fee. 

1 hour ago, Pink-belle said:

Are you sure that wasn’t for vaccines that are available and recommended for the general population, if needed, thinking Polio and Hepatitis?

you need to pay for things like Yellow fever, I couldn’t get that from my GP even for a fee, needed to go privately for that.  TB I got from GP but had to pay a private prescription fee. 

There were some of the usual suspects but I have had the TB jab and others and I'm positive I have never paid. Maybe I got lucky with my medical authority and now things may have changed, it was a while ago now.

1 hour ago, MX-Drew said:

There were some of the usual suspects but I have had the TB jab and others and I'm positive I have never paid. Maybe I got lucky with my medical authority and now things may have changed, it was a while ago now.

Yellow Fever Vaccine is not available on NHS, but Hepatitis A and TB vaccinations are free. 

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/

1 hour ago, MX-Drew said:

It probably does depend to some extent on the trust your practice is in.

my point still remains, no one should expect the NHS, and us as tax payers, to cover the cost of testing for travel.  Should I have said visas rather than jabs? It’s the same principle, for now, it’s an additional expense to be factored in if you choose to travel.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

It probably does depend to some extent on the trust your practice is in.

my point still remains, no one should expect the NHS, and us as tax payers, to cover the cost of testing for travel.  Should I have said visas rather than jabs? It’s the same principle, for now, it’s an additional expense to be factored in if you choose to travel.

So the lady had regular PCR tests as part of her job which were already paid for anyway. Not logical unless the private requirement is to discourage people for travelling or maybe even channelling money towards private companies who's shareholders are ???? if you get my drift

• Like 2

5 hours ago, davecttr said:

That has been well publicised for some time, so if people have decided to ignore that instruction, then that is up to them.  Does not mean different rules should apply to them though and nor should any other covid rules be changed for individuals who wish to re write the rules to suit themselves.  I understood only certain test companies are approved to provide the travel tests and not anyone who decides to set themselves up to do so without approval.

Regards travel jabs in general, I do not see the relevance on what is, or is not charged for, but they are national rules not something decided by individual doctor's surgeries or other tiers of administration.  I was in fact under the impression that the yellow fever jab does not cost, but the certificate which is needed by some countries, is charged for, but that could have changed.

Edited by tring

8 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Why this talk of PCR test. As I understand it only proof of vaccination is needed. 

Any testing that is needed/required by government legislation/guidance will be done at the terminal at P&O's expense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Yes but the talk was of pre testing before arrival. 

I think we went of track.  A post was made about travellers turning up to a flight without the correct proof of negative test.  

Currently for the Seacations this summer, we are only required to turn up with proof of vaccine.  Any tests P&O would like us to take will be provided at the port free of charge.

However, they do state whilst not required, that we do test regularly at home as per Government guidance and not travel to the terminal if positive.  
https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/our-assurance-to-you

I was just saying I think to use NHS LFT’s was acceptable, as we should be doing it anyway, you can just change your schedule to do one the day you are travelling to Southampton.

But I don’t believe NHS PCR’s should be used for the purpose of travel. 

Edited by Pink-belle
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

I think we went of track.  A post was made about travellers turning up to a flight without the correct proof of negative test.  

Currently for the Seacations this summer, we are only required to turn up with proof of vaccine.  Any tests P&O would like us to take will be provided at the port free of charge.

However, they do state whilst not required, that we do test regularly at home as per Government guidance and not travel to the terminal if positive.  
https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/our-assurance-to-you

I was just saying I think to use NHS LFT’s was acceptable, as we should be doing it anyway, you can just change your schedule to do one the day you are travelling to Southampton.

But I don’t believe NHS PCR’s should be used for the purpose of travel. 

Hi have you had your cabin allocated yet?