So... Are we talking midnight? 3am, 8am EST?

Just now, HBCcruiser said:

Just saw this on the RoyalCruise Blog (twitter): https://twitter.com/theRCLblog/status/1374764901839822852?s=20Confirmed: Royal Caribbean will offer complimentary Covid-19 test onboard at end of #AdventureoftheSeas cruises for Americans to fly home

I saw that too, but it's not a verified Twitter page so is that a legitimate royal Caribbean blog or just a personal account that tweets royal Caribbean News? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HBCcruiser said:

Just saw this on the RoyalCruise Blog (twitter): https://twitter.com/theRCLblog/status/1374764901839822852?s=20Confirmed: Royal Caribbean will offer complimentary Covid-19 test onboard at end of #AdventureoftheSeas cruises for Americans to fly home

Great! The rep I spoke to this morning did not know but said we would get further info before the cruise. 

2 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

So after speaking with royal, you have to apply for a health visa with the Bahamas to enter Nassau. After the cruise, she claims you have to get tested after the cruise in Nassau so you can board your flight back to the US. That sounds like a nightmare since that'll apply to all cruise passengers. The rcl blog says royal will test on the ship so you can fly but the csr said no. 

You will obtain a Bahamas Health Visa to enter the country. This will cost you $60 per person. It includes quarantine insurance for up to 14 days at $500/day and $50,000 of medical and $50,000 of evacuation coverage. RCCL will test you on the last day of the cruise using an Antigen test, which is what you need to board your flight back to the US. If you test positive, you'll have the coverage provided by the Bahamas Health Visa to cover your extended period of quarantine in The Bahamas, and further testing.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Akina13 said:

I have never done air2sea - might have to price it out. Do you have to call RCL for prices?

Yes, hoping all okay, as the rep sent me the confirmation, than put me on hold...I stayed on hold until the line was disconnected.  Also, my reservation isn't showing up in the cruise planner...I want to purchase the drink package and probably wifi.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, edspec said:

Yes, hoping all okay, as the rep sent me the confirmation, than put me on hold...I stayed on hold until the line was disconnected.  Also, my reservation isn't showing up in the cruise planner...I want to purchase the drink package and probably wifi.

The next Cruise Planner sale is scheduled to begin March 26, so considering at the moment nothing for the Nassau sailings is at a sale price, probably no real reason not to wait.

Snapshot_of_CruisePlanner_Offers_2021_03.22-17_57_45.thumb.jpg.c157e8886a4892e6190e9d5bb38c2f49.jpg

Edited by dswallow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dswallow said:

You will obtain a Bahamas Health Visa to enter the country. This will cost you $60 per person. It includes quarantine insurance for up to 14 days at $500/day and $50,000 of medical and $50,000 of evacuation coverage. RCCL will test you on the last day of the cruise using an Antigen test, which is what you need to board your flight back to the US. If you test positive, you'll have the coverage provided by the Bahamas Health Visa to cover your extended period of quarantine in The Bahamas, and further testing.

Great to hear. I wish the worker at Royal knew that portion about the testing. 

The prices are absolutely ridiculous!  I wanted to book a cruise on the Adventure but it’s $3650 for a solo interior cabin with the drink package and that’s without airfare!  I’ll pass and book a 5 star all inclusive for half the price.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Encore37 said:

The prices are absolutely ridiculous!  I wanted to book a cruise on the Adventure but it’s $3650 for a solo interior cabin with the drink package and that’s without airfare!  I’ll pass and book a 5 star all inclusive for half the price.

This is from a private pricing tracker I use so the amounts represent cabin pricing per night, either with 200% or 150% single supplement, in each general category - Inside, Outside, Balcony, and Deluxe/Suite, and the "D+" is for my Diamond Plus discount factored in. And of course, it can't include any available other discounts until you go try to book, but I use this sort of thing simply for comparison and identifying trends.

But nonetheless, this shows the pricing progression since the fares became bookable, for the June 12, 2021 sailing.

image.thumb.png.31ca7ba3476a5263c8abd5836b59f7db.png

Drink Packages and other items in the Cruise Planner are currently undiscounted; wait for the sale starting March 26 to get more realistic pricing for those things.

Edited by dswallow

16 minutes ago, Encore37 said:

Prices are going up, though I didnt price it with the drink pkg. I assume I could wait for a sale for that. I saw a solo sept date balcony for $2k ish a couple hours ago (not now), but reports prices are rising. Early bird got the worm perhaps.

Edited by firefly333

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Prices are going up, though I didnt price it with the drink pkg. I assume I could wait for a sale for that. I saw a solo sept date balcony for $2k ish a couple hours are, but reports prices are rising. Early bird got the worm perhaps.

Thanks but I’m Canadian and the cheapest I found was $3000 for an interior for June 12th and not much difference for the following week.  With flight and drink package included I’m looking at $4600.

Edited by Encore37

7 minutes ago, dswallow said:

This is from a private pricing tracker I use so the amounts represent cabin pricing per night, either with 200% or 150% single supplement, in each general category - Inside, Outside, Balcony, and Deluxe/Suite, and the "D+" is for my Diamond Plus discount factored in. And of course, it can't include any available other discounts until you go try to book, but I use this sort of thing simply for comparison and identifying trends.

But nonetheless, this shows the pricing progression since the fares became bookable, for the June 12, 2021 sailing.

image.thumb.png.31ca7ba3476a5263c8abd5836b59f7db.png

Drink Packages and other items in the Cruise Planner are currently undiscounted; wait for the sale starting March 26 to get more realistic pricing for those things.

Do you have a link for that service?  I miss the old fishy site that used to track prices.  Can't find any others

6 minutes ago, Encore37 said:

Thanks but I’m Canadian and the cheapest I found was $3000 for an interior for June 12th and not much difference for the following week.  With flight and drink package included I’m looking at $4600.

Did you look when pricing first came out?

Not sure I understand your reply quoting me when I said prices already went up. Reread your and you quote a price in june, I said a price when first released in sept was 2k solo (with D discount).

I said sept, you said june. Yes june is more. 

Edited by firefly333

49 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Best of luck to all of you booking this itinerary on Adventure...I have no interest at all.

I agree with the no interest.  I have no desire for Nassau or Cozumel (especially with the summer heat and humidity).  And while Coco Cay is nice, I'm not really a beach person.

On my last cruise we had a weather delay, so we needed to skip a port (Nassau, Coco Cay, Port Canaveral, or Charleston).  We skipped Nassau. 👌  🙂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

Do you have a link for that service?  I miss the old fishy site that used to track prices.  Can't find any others

Sorry, by private I meant I wrote it myself, so it doesn't have a public URL; it runs on one of my home computers. It's sort of a back-burner idea to make it publicly available but there's some logistical issues about how I wrote it that make that less than as straightforward as it might otherwise be. But I do have some 2 1/2+ years of historical data, at least.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Best of luck to all of you booking this itinerary on Adventure...I have no interest at all.

I agree with the no interest.  I have no desire for Nassau or Cozumel (especially with the summer heat and humidity).  And while Coco Cay is nice, I'm not really a beach person.

On my last cruise we had a weather delay, so we needed to skip a port (Nassau, Coco Cay, Port Canaveral, or Charleston).  We skipped Nassau. 👌  🙂

• Like 1

Booked the July 3-10 cruise on Adventure.

Booked a Jr. Suite for $2900ish for two people. Decided to try a jr suite this cruise. It was only $600 more.

Booked nonstop flights out of DFW $400 each.

Only booked because it’s been 3 years since our last cruise(Alaska) and about 5 since a Caribbean cruise. 

Edited by wreckem2013
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Akina13 said:

I have never flown in the day of, but with such a late departure I am considering it...what's everyone else doing?

We never arrived the day of either before moving to FL. But now we're considering arriving on the day of since we should have some buffer for flight delays. It's all very interesting.

• Like 1

I've arrived day of in Puerto Rico before; wouldn't be terribly worried if you're on a non-stop flight, and/or all segments are on a carrier with later flights than the one you're booked on so you have potential fallbacks should a flight be delayed or have problems.

11 hours ago, sellwingri said:

The Royal site says that the June 12th cruise is sold out.  We’re booked on the June 19th.

So I guess June 12th isn't really sold out right? The online agency I'm looking at shows lots of cabins in every category still available?

30 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So I guess June 12th isn't really sold out right? The online agency I'm looking at shows lots of cabins in every category still available?

Certainly doesn't appear sold out. I think they've been controlling the release of blocks of rooms and sometimes get behind the curve a bit and a major category (i.e., Interior, Outside View, Balcony, Deluxe/Suites) looks sold out for a short time. There also seems to be some sort of lag between actual available inventory when you start trying to book vs what you see in the initial overview for dates following a particular inventory before you pick a specific date. For instance I just now see it at that level saying no interior category cabins available, but if you go to start a booking, there are indeed a number of such cabins available, as well as the "we pick the room" choice, now.

31 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Who knows what happened 11 hours ago.  They could have makes everything as sold out for a while while they reevaluated jnventiry positions.  The poster may also have been referring to a particular category.  Insides are sold out and there are only a couple of ocean views remaining.

Also don’t always trust online sites, many of them do not maintain a live inventory and only update once you actually try to book a cabin. 

CB43E186-4151-4376-8747-62BA8A18EB41.jpeg

10 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Certainly doesn't appear sold out. I think they've been controlling the release of blocks of rooms and sometimes get behind the curve a bit and a major category (i.e., Interior, Outside View, Balcony, Deluxe/Suites) looks sold out for a short time. There also seems to be some sort of lag between actual available inventory when you start trying to book vs what you see in the initial overview for dates following a particular inventory before you pick a specific date. For instance I just now see it at that level saying no interior category cabins available, but if you go to start a booking, there are indeed a number of such cabins available, as well as the "we pick the room" choice, now.

This is bizarre.  Cruising power is showing nothing yet.  I tried Royals  website and tried the June 12 date and when I selected the June 12 date it took me to Sept 4-11

the June sailings show up twice.  If you select the top one it takes you to a September sailing.  Select the bottom  one it takes you to the June 12 sailing. 

8F539CEE-FC74-4724-AE6A-F1C5DD8515FC.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This is bizarre.  Cruising power is showing nothing yet.  I tried Royals  website and tried the June 12 date and when I selected the June 12 date it took me to Sept 4-11

the June sailings show up twice.  If you select the top one it takes you to a September sailing.  Select the bottom  one it takes you to the June 12 sailing. 

8F539CEE-FC74-4724-AE6A-F1C5DD8515FC.jpeg

hehe, yeah I went through that as well. But you know, I just took it in stride. I'm apparently just accustomed to this sort of thing from anything Royal Caribbean puts on the web. 🙂

• Haha 1