Who's booking a staycation when they go on sale tomorrow?

windsurferfirst

2 hours ago, busymumofthree said:

I've booked Regal 23rd Sept with the stops in Belfast, Liverpool and Glasgow.

I too was surprised that I couldn't choose my stateroom but I guess they want to ensure the best configuration given that it will be reduced capacity.  As we only need one room, that's not a worry for us (if you read my comments yesterday you'll know that I was deliberating a quick break of the entire family but couldn't guarantee my 30 year olds would have been vaccinated - so just the two of us going on this one!) 

Next step - shore excursions...

We just booked the same. Went for the plus fare and have decided to keep an open mind and see it as an adventure. I know we will have some face mask wearing and ship only excursions but just want something to look forward to. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roger88 said:

I have many dounts about all those premium packages. They simply not worth it anymore. I ve been try to find some particular features for which I wont mind to over pay... but there were none 

It was 70 pounds extra for the premium package per person. Rough conversion of USD to GBP = 31 for gratuity's. 4 glasses of wine a day over 3 days = 122 pounds. So for me its a no brainer. Plus the wifi, water and soda that's included 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, amajaa said:

I would love to but unless the Government give the all clear ref holidaying in this country I’m concerned about the insurance implications. I would have probably booked the P & O yesterday if we were going to book. Obviously there was lots of interest in the cruises yesterday judging by the way the prices shot up though out the day.  The entertainment on P & O and Princess are very similar but I think the food on P & O is just slightly better especially if you ask for a diabetic menu. 

My only recent experience of Princess was aboard Coral Princess sailing Alaska in 2019 but I have to say that imho the entertainment was far, far superior to P&O....

• Like 1

I checked out the solo prices on a couple of different dates for both 3 and 4 night options. At £953 and £1023 respectively, I'll be staying home. Probably slightly better 'value' than P&O for what's on offer and is the Princess Plus price. All holiday providers are charging incredibly high prices for this summer so I think I will be going to window-sill bay for my holidays...😄

4 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

Pleasantly surprised, they are a little better than that, you could book position, so I was able to choose decks 9-14 to ensure staterooms above and below and my favoured aft area of the ship. 

All ours asked us was they were on a "guaranteed" basis and we could only pick cabin grade  and Princess would contact us later or even on embarkation with cabin number. We picked BA balcony and would be happy with any of them on any deck so not a problem.

Have booked a 4 day on the Sky in September, working on the theory that Mine and my travel partners vaccine should have been completed by then (both in our thirties), and the shorter itinerary seemed like the perfect excuse to try a new line as we have never sailed Princess.

Best part of the booking process was when my Sister facetimed me just as I was finishing. So I hit the pay full balance option instead of the deposit!!! 🤣

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JP82 said:

Have booked a 4 day on the Sky in September, working on the theory that Mine and my travel partners vaccine should have been completed by then (both in our thirties), and the shorter itinerary seemed like the perfect excuse to try a new line as we have never sailed Princess.

Best part of the booking process was when my Sister facetimed me just as I was finishing. So I hit the pay full balance option instead of the deposit!!! 🤣

I hope you got a extra discount for paying in full like we did 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, favouriteplaces said:

Booked on 4-night, 1st September Regal Princess sailing including a Belfast stop in a guarantee balcony, mid-level decks - I couldn’t find the button to book guaranteed sunshine though! 😂

Looking forward to that fresh sea air...

We are booked on that cruise too.Bit disappointed that the excursions are very limited (I was hoping to visit The Giant's Causeway but hoping they will put more excursions on nearer the time)

19 minutes ago, ann141 said:

We are booked on that cruise too.Bit disappointed that the excursions are very limited (I was hoping to visit The Giant's Causeway but hoping they will put more excursions on nearer the time)

That's what I'm hoping too!  I was hoping for the Giants Causeway for the Regal 23rd Sept cruise but its not on offer at the moment ....  I'm prepared to sit tight and see if that changes as we get closer to the day....  

• Like 1

All booked on Regal September 9th for 7 days & looking forward to it , seems ages ago when we were last on Majestic round New Zealand January 2020 some rough seas on that one not that it really bothers us.

Booked direct balcony grade fine with package and was printing off travel summary by 08:20 before work got in the way 😀

4 minutes ago, The Mariners said:

All booked on Regal September 9th for 7 days & looking forward to it , seems ages ago when we were last on Majestic round New Zealand January 2020 some rough seas on that one not that it really bothers us.

Booked direct balcony grade fine with package and was printing off travel summary by 08:20 before work got in the way 😀

We have booked Regal for that date phoned our "beast" of a TA this morning was answered straight away booked a BA balcony cabin and was all done within 5 minutes and was cheaper than booking direct with Princess which wasnt available online on their website at 8am as promised.

29 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

We have booked Regal for that date phoned our "beast" of a TA this morning was answered straight away booked a BA balcony cabin and was all done within 5 minutes and was cheaper than booking direct with Princess which wasnt available online on their website at 8am as promised.

That’s good we are BB grade mid forward happy with that, don’t tend to use TA these days after problems with refunds on cancelled cruises (certainly not implying your  “beast” of a TA would be any cause for concern) Roll on September 

1 hour ago, The Mariners said:

That’s good we are BB grade mid forward happy with that, don’t tend to use TA these days after problems with refunds on cancelled cruises (certainly not implying your  “beast” of a TA would be any cause for concern) Roll on September 

Have Princess confirmed that you can have mid forward because they have been saying all week on Faceache that you can only pick cabin grade and not deck or position of the ship just grade and it can be anywhere on the ship within that grade.

32 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Have Princess confirmed that you can have mid forward because they have been saying all week on Faceache that you can only pick cabin grade and not deck or position of the ship just grade and it can be anywhere on the ship within that grade.

Not confirmed deck or cabin number but online booking process gave me the option of section of ship for me to choose the same as booking any cruise. I chose mid forward which is an area we often go for resulting in grade BB , which we were happy with & I think gave me decks 9-14. Grade BB has been confirmed so we’ll see what cabin we are allocated in due course. Not too fussed in these circumstances where we are just happy to have a week to look forward to fingers crossed.

We would normally chose exact cabin position/number if at all possible though !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ann141 said:

We are thinking the exactly the same - fingers crossed that more trips will be added over the coming weeks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

We booked direct with Princess and weren't given the option of upper or lower deck etc but when I looked on the website you are given the option of upper middle or lower deck and also fwd aft or mid  ship.

On 3/23/2021 at 3:01 PM, windsurferfirst said:

I am seriously considering it. A few days of luxury and pampering is just what we need.

They seem to be listed on the cruise line website as "Seacations" of various lengths three days to seven days with zero to a few intermediate UK ports ex-Southampton round trip and booking is no different from any other cruise has been in the past.

regards John

7 minutes ago, gojocruise said:

We booked the 1st Sept 4 night sailing, quite fancy the Titanic museum whilst in Belfast, its our anniversary on the 3rd Sept too 🙂 Happy days!! 

I have done the Titanic museum in Belfast and should recommend the free bus into the city and a taxi to the museum as opposed to a cruise line excursion.  The internal queues build up in the museum and it pays to get there early before any coaches arrive. A number of experiences within the museum require additional queueing when busy,  The free shuttle bus into the city helps you know where the return free shuttle bus leaves from later.

Regards John