FYI - prices for Adventure went down for me today

Guess it's not selling as good as they thought......I'm sure other categories have dropped as well.

So much for Pent-Up Demand to get back on a cruiseship again.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

Same here, I've seen two decreases now since I booked, and my final payment is around $300 less for that same 4D - that's the 8/14 sailing - I'm almost to the point where I'm breaking even adding the flight through Air2Sea, which was also less than booking through the airline directly (American wanted around $100 more if I booked on their website).. Always good to see price decreases!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I called, but the rep said my fare was already $300 cheaper than advertised, which I have no idea how. Looks like I should save about $250, but the price breakdown on my receipt is so garbled due to how they applied the FCC, I can't really tell

Try calling back

26 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Guess it's not selling as good as they thought......I'm sure other categories have dropped as well.

Believe me it is pent up. I am just not going to fly.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I believe there's a quite a lot of pent up demand......but for cruising out of the US. And still no mention of any precautions that will be taken onboard......kinda hard to book a cruise not knowing what you're in for ie masks and what not. 

• Like 1

I have had a price break on our 8/14 Adventure as well.  Went down $99 yesterday.  I check prices all the time.

Cannot wait to finally cruise! So excited about this Adventure out of Nassau.  Hopefully, all goes well with the first ones so that by August 14th things are running smoothly. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mapleleafforever said:

.kinda hard to book a cruise not knowing what you're in for ie masks and what not. 

I sent an email to my BDM and she told me masks will be like it is here.  But will not have to wear one while laying on my pool lounger soaking up the rays.  That was all I cared about.  I will deal with having to wear one to walk around the ship, go up to bars, into restaurants, etc.  Just did not want to have to wear one while sunbathing at the pool.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, karena1 said:

I sent an email to my BDM and she told me masks will be like it is here.  But will not have to wear one while laying on my pool lounger soaking up the rays.  That was all I cared about.  I will deal with having to wear one to walk around the ship, go up to bars, into restaurants, etc.  Just did not want to have to wear one while sunbathing at the pool.

I would like to know what would happen to passengers if they test positive in Nassau. Would they have to stay there until testing negative and mainly where would they stay. 

13 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I believe there's a quite a lot of pent up demand......but for cruising out of the US. And still no mention of any precautions that will be taken onboard......kinda hard to book a cruise not knowing what you're in for ie masks and what not. 

That's not what the cruiselines have been telling us.......they have been talking like people are banging down their doors to get on a cruiseship no matter what.

Price reductions now are telling us otherwise.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

I would like to know what would happen to passengers if they test positive in Nassau. Would they have to stay there until testing negative and mainly where would they stay. 

Be Prepared:

Bermuda is the most expensive place in the world in which to live, visit as a tourist and work. ... Overall, the cost of living in Bermuda overall is about three times more expensive than in the USA , at least 250% more than in Canada or the UK.

15 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

Travel insurance can usually cover the cost of this. We priced this type of insurance for two recent trips and, while we were fortunate not to get sick, we would have been covered for any hotel stays associated with a potential quarantine.

19 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Be Prepared:

Bermuda is the most expensive place in the world in which to live, visit as a tourist and work. ... Overall, the cost of living in Bermuda overall is about three times more expensive than in the USA , at least 250% more than in Canada or the UK.

This makes me think we wouldn't be left high and dry in that situation:

You’re taken care of

Book by May 31, 2021 and your cruise fare includes the following at no extra cost.

COVID-19 Protections

• 100% refund for you and your immediate travel party if any of you tests positive within 14 days prior to the cruise, or at the boarding terminal

• 100% refund for you, your travel party, and any confirmed close contacts if any of you tests positive during your cruise

• In the event of COVID-19-related expenses, Royal Caribbean will cover onboard medical treatment, cost of any required land-based quarantine, and travel home for you, your travel party, and any confirmed close contacts

from here:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center

Tom

Edited by notmyrealnameoremail
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I booked a (2B) Spacious Ocean View Balcony on 3 consecutive cruises the morning they became available...

Booking now would cost me...

6/12/2021: $567 more

6/19/2021: $291 more

6/26/2021: $150 more

Certainly, important to check now and again. But it can vary a lot by cabin category. And sometimes there can be some great deals if you're willing to adjust categories, too.

20 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

A lot of it is answered in the FAQ, subject to changes of course.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/AD_FAQs.pdf

But as far as quarantining costs, you're required to buy a Bahamas Health Visa when entering the country, and it provides $500/night compensation for quarantining up to 14 days, $50,000 in medical coverage and $50,000 in evacuation coverage.

https://travel.gov.bs/www/static/Terms_And_Conditions.pdf

Edited by dswallow
  • Thanks 1