FYI - prices for Adventure went down for me today

3 minutes ago, dswallow said:

I booked a (2B) Spacious Ocean View Balcony on 3 consecutive cruises the morning they became available...

Booking now would cost me...

6/12/2021: $567 more

6/19/2021: $291 more

6/26/2021: $150 more

Certainly, important to check now and again. But it can vary a lot by cabin category. And sometimes there can be some great deals if you're willing to adjust categories, too.

Ouch, maybe the earlier cruises are selling quicker because folks think Royal might be sailing from the US by then.

16 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Be Prepared:

Bermuda is the most expensive place in the world in which to live, visit as a tourist and work. ... Overall, the cost of living in Bermuda overall is about three times more expensive than in the USA , at least 250% more than in Canada or the UK.

The question was about Nassau, not Bermuda. Two different countries.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, karena1 said:

I sent an email to my BDM and she told me masks will be like it is here.  But will not have to wear one while laying on my pool lounger soaking up the rays.  That was all I cared about.  I will deal with having to wear one to walk around the ship, go up to bars, into restaurants, etc.  Just did not want to have to wear one while sunbathing at the pool.

After the Canadian winter we just went through (this time the isolation more than the weather) the thought of laying on a pool lounger soaking up rays sounds awesome! Have fun!!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

This makes me think we wouldn't be left high and dry in that situation:

You’re taken care of

Book by May 31, 2021 and your cruise fare includes the following at no extra cost.

COVID-19 Protections

• 100% refund for you and your immediate travel party if any of you tests positive within 14 days prior to the cruise, or at the boarding terminal

• 100% refund for you, your travel party, and any confirmed close contacts if any of you tests positive during your cruise

• In the event of COVID-19-related expenses, Royal Caribbean will cover onboard medical treatment, cost of any required land-based quarantine, and travel home for you, your travel party, and any confirmed close contacts

from here:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center

Tom

Thank you! I had read this, but would like to know where the land-based quarantine would be. A nice place with windows or not.

28 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Be Prepared:

Bermuda is the most expensive place in the world in which to live, visit as a tourist and work. ... Overall, the cost of living in Bermuda overall is about three times more expensive than in the USA , at least 250% more than in Canada or the UK.

As well as The Bahamas not being Bermnuda, the Bahamian Travel Health Visa comes with insurance coverage should you get sick while in the country.  All the bases are covered. For those who have the time to vacation and have chosen not to let fear ruin their every day this is a great first step.  I'd be booking in a heartbeat if I could get a week free this summer.  Unfortunately, I can't

From the Bahamian gov. website

1. Additionally, COVID-19 Health Insurance is included in the cost of the Travel Health Visa for visitors only. This will cover all visitors who may present with a positive COVID test result while in The Bahamas. For further details please check www.bahamas.com/travelupdates

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think that there was a very strong initial response, which is why prices went up so quickly. The cruise I was interested in went up a couple hundred dollars per person  in one hour, and by the next morning, quad cabins were all gone. But I’m guessing that as prices increased, bookings slowed down and holds canceled, triggering a reversal in pricing trends.

I still haven’t booked, (I can’t get myself to pull the trigger because, under different circumstances, I would not be considering this ship or itinerary), but fares are back to what they were when bookings first opened, and there are quads back in inventory. 

Cost of plane ticket to Bermuda is outrageous.  Over $600 for what is usually a 2 hour ride from my home in NJ. There are a very limited number of flights and many of the former nonstop flights aren’t resuming service.  That means to get to Bermuda, most people will have to change planes.  If you like to arrive a day early, forget it.  Hotels have minimum stays.  There are also quarantine and testing protocols.  What might sound like a moderate priced vacation will get priced up quickly.  Just not worth it.

5 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Cost of plane ticket to Bermuda is outrageous.  Over $600 for what is usually a 2 hour ride from my home in NJ. There are a very limited number of flights and many of the former nonstop flights aren’t resuming service.  That means to get to Bermuda, most people will have to change planes.  If you like to arrive a day early, forget it.  Hotels have minimum stays.  There are also quarantine and testing protocols.  What might sound like a moderate priced vacation will get priced up quickly.  Just not worth it.

Why do people keep bringing up bermuda when adventure leaves from nassau which is bahamas. It's like people are jumping all over the place

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Use Air2Sea.

From the email from Royal Caribbean:

image.png.a104a49aa7098ad88657d442a0146be8.png

image.png.583ec192e8f4ec02d446aa8a0e819def.png

Edited by dswallow
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Be Prepared:

Nassau is in the bahamas, not Bermuda.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dswallow said:

Use Air2Sea.

From the email from Royal Caribbean:

image.png.a104a49aa7098ad88657d442a0146be8.png

image.png.583ec192e8f4ec02d446aa8a0e819def.png

Agree, air2sea has some great pricing.

Flights for my b2b out of barbados feb 2022 posted in the last couple of days.

This morning I booked RT with UA with air2sea for $515 less than if I booked direct with UA or other websites.

As a contingency plan to my b2b on freedom to bermuda in august  I was pricing up cruise to bermuda and found airfare about $350 cheaper than any other travel site.  

Air2sea doesnt collect payment now, you can reprice should fares lower. You can change flights or cancel with no fee up to final payment date  Win win in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

Air2sea....great prices with non stop flights the day of embarkment.  

5 hours ago, Vera/Lee said:

Thank you! I had read this, but would like to know where the land-based quarantine would be. A nice place with windows or 

Maybe a cabana at cococay.   It's a good question and I think RCl should give everyone a little more details as it would help many cruisers make an informed decision.

I understand everything changes and I sure hope whatever would change is for the better as more people get vaccinated.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Add in bags and seat selections, that price will rise very fast.

Nope, free seat selection with air2sea and only $25 fee for checked bag, no fee for carrying.  I personally do one checked bag and one carryon whenever I travel for 7 days or more.

And the price you see is the full price, no additional taxes like you see on many other airline and travel sites.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Nope, free seat selection with air2sea and only $25 fee for checked bag, no fee for carrying.  I personally do one checked bag and one carryon whenever I travel for 7 days or more.

And the price you see is the full price, no additional taxes like you see on many other airline and travel sites.

I got the free seat selection - how do you make sure it's only $25 for checked back? do you have to call to add that as well or go to the airline?

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Add in bags and seat selections, that price will rise very fast.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It would appear that all of your negativity towards Adventure and the Bahamas this summer continues to be wrong @Jimbo

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I didn't get free seat selection since the airline reservation is still on a "hold" until after final payment.

It was my first time booking American through Air2Sea for one of my segments and via American's web site I couldn't select the seat, but calling Air2Sea and they could do it. My Air2Sea segment on United allowed me to select the seat when I logged in to my United Frequent Flyer account. These were Business/First class bookings though, but give them a call either way.

29 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

What seats to they let you book?   Does that include the premium economy or exit row seats that commonly have a higher fee?

I'm sure you could just talk to them directly and they could both give you specific actual prices for flights you might be interested in based on what sailings you might consider booking as well as identify cases where they could offer premium economy seating or if you'd have to work directly with the airline to upgrade it.

Air2Sea, Cruise Insurance, and Airport Transfers | Royal Caribbean Cruises