FYI - prices for Adventure went down for me today

40 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

By booking these out of the country sailings, it's just prolonging the startup in US Ports.

Do you have anything to support this? That usa could start up if rcl wasnt moving offshore? I get the idea cdc pretty non moveable and that we wouldn't be cruising no matter if rcl moved cruises offshore or not. 

Just sounds like a opinion, not factual.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Do you have anything to support this? That usa could start up if rcl wasnt moving offshore? I get the idea cdc pretty non moveable and that we wouldn't be cruising no matter if rcl moved cruises offshore or not. 

Just sounds like a opinion, not factual.

Sorry not allowed to post my opinion or sources. Tried answering you before but it was taken off site. 

Edited by Jimbo

13 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

We are on the 7/10 sailing. We have had two price drops for our balcony since prices were released on the 24th. Keep checking!

Look to upgrade to a higher category at the same price you are paying now.

Price drops are happening because sailing(or that category) isn't selling well.

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

By booking these out of the country sailings, it's just prolonging the startup in US Ports.

Those cruises out of the Bahamas and Bermuda are being launched because sailing out of US ports is currently not yet possible. As soon as things are changing and it will be feasable for RCL to start offering cruises out of US ports they will do so, hence your coments make absolutely no sense at all.

1 hour ago, Encore37 said:

Thanks Captain Obvious! 

Thanks No problem, but some earlier members didn't want to hear that the sailings weren't selling as well as Royal Caribbean  thought. They blasted me on here for stating that.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Thanks No problem, but some earlier members didn't want to hear that the sailings weren't selling as well as Royal Caribbean  thought. They blasted me on here for stating that.

Those sailings are online since less than 2 weeks, I guess RCL still has some time to worry if these sailings will be selling well or not at the end.

10 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

Those cruises out of the Bahamas and Bermuda are being launched because sailing out of US ports is currently not yet possible. As soon as things are changing and it will be feasable for RCL to start offering cruises out of US ports they will do so, hence your coments make absolutely no sense at all.

Don't you think that if no American's booked those cruises from the Bahamas and Bermuda that  Royal Caribbean  would be more interested (inclined) to do what they have to do to satisfy the CDC to get the US Ports open.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Don't you think that if no American's booked those cruises from the Bahamas and Bermuda that  Royal Caribbean  would be more interested (inclined) to do what they have to do to satisfy the CDC to get the US Ports open.

You're assuming anything would satisfy them at the moment, which I doubt.

You can fly to the US from most any country in the world with just a PCR or an Antigen test within the prior 3 days.

So you can fly to Nassau, take a cruise, and fly back to the US. Contrast that with flying to Florida, or NY/NJ, or Houston, or New Orleans, or Seattle, taking a cruise, and then flying home. Tell me the differences between those two activities?

No consistency in CDC rules at all, and that's before you get into the conflicting guidance they've issued of late with regard to what someone who is vaccinated can generally do safely now.

There's lots of suggestions regarding travel from the CDC, which are fine to have made for cruises as well, but totally blocking them, with the ridiculous level of onerous requirements set forth, partially, so far, no longer makes any sense whatsoever compared to what's going on with other forms of travel out of the country.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

RCL is a global cruiseline after all and does not only cater to a clientele that is in driving range of a port. There will be enough demand for North American cruises that will be willing to get on a plane to Bermuda or the Bahamas to pay a premium and finally get back on board.

At this stage it's about getting the operation back to business step by step and as things are going with the CDC RCL had to look for alternative options. Don't forget RCL is only one of many cruiselines that are eager to get back sailing from US ports, hence there is more than enough preasure on CDC.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dswallow said:

You're assuming anything would satisfy them at the moment, which I doubt.

You can fly to the US from most any country in the world with just a PCR or an Antigen test within the prior 3 days.

So you can fly to Nassau, take a cruise, and fly back to the US. Contrast that with flying to Florida, or NY/NJ, or Houston, or New Orleans, or Seattle, taking a cruise, and then flying home. Tell me the differences between those two activities?

No consistency in CDC rules at all, and that's before you get into the conflicting guidance they've issued of late with regard to what someone who is vaccinated can generally do safely now.

There's lots of suggestions regarding travel from the CDC, which are fine to have made for cruises as well, but totally blocking them, with the ridiculous level of onerous requirements set forth, partially, so far, no longer makes any sense whatsoever compared to what's going on with other forms of travel out of the country.

It's cheaper for Royal Caribbean just sit back and do hardly anything and hope 1 day they wake up and it will all go away. With stragegy like that, they are going to be looking in from the outside for a long time. It's ashame really.

On 3/30/2021 at 3:24 PM, Jimbo said:

That's not what the cruiselines have been telling us.......they have been talking like people are banging down their doors to get on a cruiseship no matter what.

Price reductions now are telling us otherwise.

There may be a demand but at a reasonable price.  Travelers will weigh the cost of the cruise and airfare to determine if it's worth it. I haven't looked at the price for the summer Adventure sailings because it's not a ship I would sail on.  However, if the cost is similar to the outrageous 2022 prices, the only choice is to lower prices to fill the ship to the desired capacity.  This doesn't mean people don't want to cruise but want to cruise at a reasonable price not over inflated prices. 

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It's cheaper for Royal Caribbean just sit back and do hardly anything and hope 1 day they wake up and it will all go away. With stragegy like that, they are going to be looking in from the outside for a long time. It's ashame really.

There's over 200 million reasons every month for Royal Caribbean to not be just sitting around waiting, and I don't believe for a moment that's all they've been doing. But when the CDC is not cooperative, what more really can they do. Those recent technical instructions they just released could've been written (or copied from some other document with a few words changed) a week after the October 2020 conditional sailing order came out. And all of it mimics the healthy sail panel recommendations rather closely. Yet here we are still waiting for even a positive thought out of the CDC, let alone action. So I have no supporting evidence anywhere to make me believe it's not 100% on the CDC right now.

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You are so out of touch on what is actually going on it’s not worth arguing about anymore.

Hope you find a cruise line line or another type vacation that makes you happy! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

You are so out of touch on what is actually going on it’s not worth arguing about anymore.

Hope you find a cruise line line or another type vacation that makes you happy! 

Same to you, thanks !

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Again, the cruise industry is not only Royal Caribbean, hence the CDC will not decide based on the strategic decisions taken by RCL like the move to begin operating ships from Countries / ports that gave them the approvals to do so. It really seems that you are on some conspiracy theory trip.

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

It's cheaper for Royal Caribbean just sit back and do hardly anything and hope 1 day they wake up and it will all go away.

It could be worse. They could be Carnival and not even try to get creative to get some ships sailing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

Again, the cruise industry is not only Royal Caribbean, hence the CDC will not decide based on the strategic decisions taken by RCL like the move to begin operating ships from Countries / ports that gave them the approvals to do so. It really seems that you are on some conspiracy theory trip.

Wow you just aren't getting it, who cares what other cruiselines are doing or not doing......The question is what has RCCL done in the last 13 months to do what the CDC wants done to begin cruising again in the US.

This post from another thread explains just what Royal Caribbean has been doing to adhere to the CDC guidelines. Not much !

Check out Post# 50 in the  thread below.

Edited by Jimbo

28 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

This post from another thread explains just what Royal Caribbean has been doing to adhere to the CDC guidelines. Not much !

Check out Post# 50 in the  thread below.

We're talking legal contracts between the ports and the cruise lines. Unless they have the exact detail they need to write those contracts (which they didn't have until the other day), then there's nothing they could have done.

• Thanks 1