FYI - prices for Adventure went down for me today

On 3/30/2021 at 1:39 PM, Jimbo said:

Guess it's not selling as good as they thought......I'm sure other categories have dropped as well.

So much for Pent-Up Demand to get back on a cruiseship again.

Looks like they are selling just fine. Price drops happen on all sailings I’ve been on.  We can’t wait for our July sailing.

Why are you even on this site when it seems you are against cruising so much?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Looks like they are selling just fine. Price drops happen on all sailings I’ve been on.  We can’t wait for our July sailing.

Why are you even on this site when it seems you are against cruising so much?

So untrue,  I want to cruise again, just being realistic of the issues the cruising industry is facing right now when many other's on here aren't.

Prices on cruises drop for one reason and only 1 reason, if a sailing( or category on a sailing) is not selling as well as they expected, they Lower the price.

If you believe they are lowering the price just to do you a favor, you have a lot to learn about pricing of cruises.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Prices on cruises drop for one reason and only 1 reason, if a sailing( or category on a sailing) is not selling as well as they expected, they Lower the price.

If you believe they are lowering the price just to do you a favor, you have a lot to learn about pricing of cruises.

I would love to see what they really do to manage this, because I certainly can imagine an array of statistical models based on previous purchase behavior and factoring in how categories are separated, mean booking price for previous bookings, typical statistics on individual cruisers sailing history for whether they price check often, and management of pricing individually based on factoring in how existing reservations might be repriced or might lead to people bumping up a category or more because it's post final-payment and/or their previously booked category isn't available anymore but higher ones are cheaper than the original price paid. And THEN factor in RoyalUp sales statistics doing paid upgrades and the impact that has on eeking out more dollars from cheap bookings. 

🙂

2 hours ago, dswallow said:

I would love to see what they really do to manage this, because I certainly can imagine an array of statistical models based on previous purchase behavior and factoring in how categories are separated, mean booking price for previous bookings, typical statistics on individual cruisers sailing history for whether they price check often, and management of pricing individually based on factoring in how existing reservations might be repriced or might lead to people bumping up a category or more because it's post final-payment and/or their previously booked category isn't available anymore but higher ones are cheaper than the original price paid. And THEN factor in RoyalUp sales statistics doing paid upgrades and the impact that has on eeking out more dollars from cheap bookings. 

🙂

Exactly my point! There are many reasons prices change like you mentioned not just because they aren’t “selling as expected” like Jimbo thinks.  Marketing 101....

On 3/30/2021 at 1:45 PM, notmyrealnameoremail said:

I just notice the same thing for out 28 August 2021 on the Adventure and asked my TA to see about a reprice.  He just booked it , saved $350 on a 4D aft facing balcony.

Tom

who is now in a much better mood. 

And I reduced my 4D aft facing balcony about the same amount on the September 11 cruise. I'm surprised that they repriced, because there was only one other 4d available. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

I'm surprised that they repriced, because there was only one other 4d available. 

As long as there are any available cabins they will reprice.  The decision is never based on how many are remaining only on if there are cabins in that category available. 

it is even possible to get a cabin repriced if there are no cabins left at all in the category.  It doesn’t happen often but it has happened. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Jimbo said:

So untrue,  I want to cruise again, just being realistic of the issues the cruising industry is facing right now when many other's on here aren't.

Your posts are more pessimistic than anything. The optimistic realistic approach is shown by most here on these boards, and far healthier.

Sorry about whatever hinders your ability to be optimistic. I know it has been a rough year. 😞

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

Your posts are more pessimistic than anything. The optimistic realistic approach is shown by most here on these boards, and far healthier.

Sorry about whatever hinders your ability to be optimistic. I know it has been a rough year. 😞

Would you rather me come on here and all day  post on here everyone is going to be cruising tomorrow?

It is what it is. It's not a sunny picture . 

Edited by Jimbo

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Would you rather me come on here and all day  post on here everyone is going to be cruising tomorrow?

Ok we get it, you dont like the new summer sailings so taking non factual pot shots at them, like the airfare isnt that good when you consider bagged fees etc. We get your pt.

Dont book if you dont like them, let those booked enjoy. ?

I thought you were big on carnival cruises more than rcl? This is new.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Ok we get it, you dont like the new summer sailings so taking non factual pot shots at them, like the airfare isnt that good when you consider bagged fees etc. We get your pt.

Dont book if you dont like them, let those booked enjoy. ?

I thought you were big on carnival cruises more than rcl? This is new.

You must have me confused with someone else, Don't believe I have ever posted on the Carnival Board or even talked about Carnival in any of my posts.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Tomorrow... no. That is not optimistic, and I am sure you know that. Sorry that you cannot see through the tunnel. Take care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As long as there are any available cabins they will reprice.  The decision is never based on how many are remaining only on if there are cabins in that category available. 

it is even possible to get a cabin repriced if there are no cabins left at all in the category.  It doesn’t happen often but it has happened. 

I found out about the repricing on a sold out category. So far I’ve repriced our July Adventure cruise twice for about a $400 savings. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

More sailings being announced across cruise lines each week! I would say it’s a step towards normal and a sunny picture.

Sounds like you just need to find another type of vacation and move on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/31/2021 at 7:37 PM, Jimbo said:

Explain, then, how the only open D4 dropped in price, since obviously that category had sold extremely well. 

52 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

Explain, then, how the only open D4 dropped in price, since obviously that category had sold extremely well. 

While the 4D’s may have sold, that isn’t indicative of the sales for the entire ship. If you are talking about Adventure there are only about 15 of those cabins on the ship.  Royal simply did an across the board price drop on all categories.

While it's not category-specific, this is an overall price history of the least expensive category in each larger category grouping for the 9/11 sailing, basically the higher level pricing view you see when searching for sailings.

image.thumb.png.3826bf0434eb6fac3a1233f640ce552b.png

On 3/30/2021 at 3:29 PM, Jimbo said:

Be Prepared:

Bermuda is the most expensive place in the world in which to live, visit as a tourist and work. ... Overall, the cost of living in Bermuda overall is about three times more expensive than in the USA , at least 250% more than in Canada or the UK.

Bermuda is NOT the most expensive place to live, visit or work!

On 3/31/2021 at 11:57 AM, Tree_skier said:

It would appear that all of your negativity towards Adventure and the Bahamas this summer continues to be wrong @Jimbo

I was thinking he was being very negative about the whole situation. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I was thinking he was being very negative about the whole situation. 

Sorry everything not coming up like roses for everyone. Just being realistic with the situation we are all in. Guess it takes more time for some to deal with it.

By booking these out of the country sailings, it's just prolonging the startup in US Ports.

Edited by Jimbo