Princess extends final payment due dates to 60 days prior to sailing for cruises through 9/2021

CineGraphic

From: https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cancellation-final-payment-policy/

We don't think finances should affect decisions about your health, so if you feel ill and need to change your plans, we'll protect your cruise investment. Under our temporary Book with Confidence policy, we’ve taken the worry out of booking your next cruise:

• Cancel up to 30 days before you sail, and get your cancellation fees back as a Future Cruise Credit1.
    • Applies to bookings made through June 30, 2021.
    • Applies to voyages departing through December 31, 2021.
  • Final Payment has been moved to 60-days prior to sailing.
    • Applies to voyages departing through September 30, 2021.
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

From: https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cancellation-final-payment-policy/

We don't think finances should affect decisions about your health, so if you feel ill and need to change your plans, we'll protect your cruise investment. Under our temporary Book with Confidence policy, we’ve taken the worry out of booking your next cruise:

• Cancel up to 30 days before you sail, and get your cancellation fees back as a Future Cruise Credit1.
    • Applies to bookings made through June 30, 2021.
    • Applies to voyages departing through December 31, 2021.
  • Final Payment has been moved to 60-days prior to sailing.
    • Applies to voyages departing through September 30, 2021.

Thanks for the update...our first cruise is schedule for late October which currently has Final Payment due at 90 days in advance but hopefully it will eventually be extended to apply to our cruise. 🤞

Thankfully we can cancel up to 30 days in advance to get our cancelation fees back as FCC.

• Like 1

We're hoping to sail July 3rd, and the Princess due date WAS April 4th, but our TA's due date is always at least a week earlier, so we're all paid up.  Others on our sailing now have until May 1, which is good, because a few were considering cancelling if they had to pay by April 4th.

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing!  A few days ago I received a reminder of final payment due on April 4th, 90 days ahead.  I’m pretty sure this July 3rd cruise to Alaska will be canceled pretty soon, and I would prefer that Princess does the canceling! 

Thanks for sharing! I saw the notice and jumped for joy (inappropriately) and thought yay for my October cruise.... then Reread the notice. The 60 days prior to sailing do not help but both October and December cruises at least have the ability to be canceled 30 days out. It’s something. Not sure I will prepay if they aren’t sailing by final payments but it’s nice to see an extension on the ability to pay 60 days before a cruise and cancel 30 days before.

Glad my final payment date has been moved to 11 May 2021. I will probably pay it even though the likelihood that our two week Enchanted Princess Mediterranean cruise will go ahead is pretty slim.  

Edited by Esprit
  • Like 1

it was either extend the due date , or people would have started in my opinion , mass cancellations

or Princess could have gone and just cancelled all remaining July cruises - which 'may' eventually happen around 5/1

so Princess 'bought' 30 days for the July cruises at least

• Like 1

9 hours ago, voljeep said:

it was either extend the due date , or people would have started in my opinion , mass cancellations

or Princess could have gone and just cancelled all remaining July cruises - which 'may' eventually happen around 5/1

so Princess 'bought' 30 days for the July cruises at least

I believe you are absolutely right about this. We have a cruise departing September 25, 2021 (departing Rome to Barcelona). This will help everyone get a more realistic picture of what will be happening then.