New Itineries

Ilovemygarden

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We have went through the Bay of Biscay many times and it doesn't bother me but sailing on Azura from Tenerife round trip sounds ideal to me.

This was me on Wednesday at Newcastle.

IMG_20210331_111201.jpg

I am sure there will be thousands like you Graham who will prefer the fly cruise, but we don't fly and I was a little concerned that Azuras fly cruises might mean less Canaries cruises from Southampton. So happy that wowzz has confirmed that Iona will still be doing them.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

The most unstable ship we have every been on was Ventura in cabin D114 - right at the front. It felt like she was tilting half the time and we walked 'up hill' to get to the other side of the cabin !

Having said that, we are on her in August 2022 God willing to the Canary Islands to give her another try.  😉

My friend and I were almost at the front of B deck on Ventura in June 2018 through Biscay and it hardly moved at all! So I wish you calm seas, my friend likes a bit of rolling so was actually a bit disappointed 😂

• Like 1

Just now, P&O SUE said:

My friend and I were almost at the front of B deck on Ventura in June 2018 through Biscay and it hardly moved at all! So I wish you calm seas, my friend likes a bit of rolling so was actually a bit disappointed 😂

We've booked aft this time ----- we are aft lovers so can not wait to see that wake 🙂 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I am sure there will be thousands like you Graham who will prefer the fly cruise, but we don't fly and I was a little concerned that Azuras fly cruises might mean less Canaries cruises from Southampton. So happy that wowzz has confirmed that Iona will still be doing them.

I appreciate that John.

After Pauline's dad died in 2008 we took Pauline's late mam on 6 cruises with us with  her wheelchair and she shared our cabin and i can understand the obstacles to overcome.

I have flown since I was 13 and had 51 years of flying and do like flying but also love cruising too.

Edited by grapau27

4 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We've booked aft this time ----- we are aft lovers so can not wait to see that wake 🙂 

We nearly always book midships balconies but have had several aft balconies and love them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Thanks again.  Will they have any regional departures for these cruises?

They must have. TUI don't have enough aircraft at LGW to carry the pax numbers. I assume MAN and BHX would be the obvious choices,  or possibly EMA. LBA could also be a contender. 

It seems as if I am the only one on here to have received the new schedule.

We've been watching Concrete Cowboy with Idris Elba - excellent, but put the subtitles on, after a chicken curry and copious red wine.

Feel free to ask more questions. I can probably just keep sending photos of the schedules, assuming the mods are happy.  

8 minutes ago, wowzz said:

It seems as if I am the only one on here to have received the new schedule.

We've been watching Concrete Cowboy with Idris Elba - excellent, but put the subtitles on, after a chicken curry and copious red wine.

Feel free to ask more questions. I can probably just keep sending photos of the schedules, assuming the mods are happy.  

Is Ventura doing the usual 35 night cruises in Jan and Feb 2023?

Edited by ann141

49 minutes ago, wowzz said:

They must have. TUI don't have enough aircraft at LGW to carry the pax numbers. I assume MAN and BHX would be the obvious choices,  or possibly EMA. LBA could also be a contender. 

We moved a Lanzarote TUI holiday in June to Menorca in September ,both are/were BA scheduled flights.

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We moved a Lanzarote TUI holiday in June to Menorca in September ,both are/were BA scheduled flights.

Fair point, but I don't think P&O will just limit their flights to LGW.  BA basically have no presence outside London,  unless they use some of the LCY fleet,  but I don't think that will give P&O sufficient capacity. And, historically,  the LCY aircraft have always been used for SE England routings, so as to avoid dead legs back to LCY,  from, say, MAN.   

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Fair point, but I don't think P&O will just limit their flights to LGW.  BA basically have no presence outside London,  unless they use some of the LCY fleet,  but I don't think that will give P&O sufficient capacity. And, historically,  the LCY aircraft have always been used for SE England routings, so as to avoid dead legs back to LCY,  from, say, MAN.   

BA have scrapped a fair few wide bodied jets, I doubt the LCY fleet would be used as they are only the small ones A319 I think.

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

BA have scrapped a fair few wide bodied jets, I doubt the LCY fleet would be used as they are only the small ones A319 I think.

Indeed. My point was that I'm not sure if your point about TUI using BA flights was applicable to P&O cruises.  

I suppose P&O could wet lease some BA aircraft,  but realistically, those aircraft would be all SE based. For regional flights, P&O are basically stuck with TUI and Titan or Airtanker.

10 hours ago, marylizcat said:

I was interested to see Arvia’s maiden voyage on 9 Dec down to the Canaries, followed by the same again over Christmas.

I always thought this would be the case. Even P&O would not have a maiden voyage transatlantic.

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Jet2 have daily flights to Tenerife from Newcastle.

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Jet2 have daily flights to Tenerife from Newcastle.

I suppose P&O could use Jet2, Easy or even, heaven forbid,  Ryanair,  but I'm not sure that they wouid be able to charter the entire aircraft, as they do with TUI.  

14 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

I haven't noticed the normal 10% reduction on launch day advertised for the 2022/3 cruises - have I missed it or are they not doing that this time ?

Here you go

16175226833577299934134071690592.jpg

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I suppose P&O could use Jet2, Easy or even, heaven forbid,  Ryanair,  but I'm not sure that they wouid be able to charter the entire aircraft, as they do with TUI.  

Tui sometimes only have 1 or 2 flights weekly especially from local airports like Newcastle which are difficult to incorporate into European cruise destinations departures and why sometimes the cruise package might include 1 or more days pre or post cruise hotel stays.