Edge Connecting Options

Chuckwick3

We have only sailed on Celebrity once before with my sister and her husband and were in a concierge room on the Equinox.  We are booking the Edge for Fall 2022 and were wondering if there is a suite that connects to a non-suite cabin so we could have a real bed and not a couch.  We have no problem sharing a cabin but are in our 50's and have outgrown the pullout couch.

Our ideal situation would be for my sister to get a suite and for myself and my husband to get a room that connects to it.  We don't need a butler but would like to be able to go to the retreat if possible.  If we get concierge, are the connecting doors inside the cabin and can we open the balcony up so it's connected as well?

Thanks for any advice and tips.

I’ve not been in a suite but the Apex and Edge deck plans on the Celebrity website show a number of Sky suites connect w veranda and inside SRs, usually the Sky Suite 3’s. But I’m not personally knowledgeable just from the deck plans that show a ‘bar’ connecting the SRs. 

den

Edited by Denny01
  • Thanks 1

There are groups 4  Sky Suites 3  on the starboard side on most decks.  Two of those connect to interior cabin.  I also saw a couple of Celebrity Suites on Deck 11 that connect to a Concierge cabin.  There may be more options but those are some I spotted.

• Thanks 1

the other half of your question seems to be - Can we ride into The Retreat on your sister's coattails and when the door is open at the same time if we book in a lesser cabin....

My guess is No - at least not consistently.  You can probably do that a few times (do you really want to do that on vacation every day and every time you run back to the room?).  I think that you can pay to eat in Luminae as their guest ($50?) but no freebies

There is an expression in the frequent flyer world - WFBF - Want First (class) ? Buy First (class)!

21 minutes ago, tfred said:

the other half of your question seems to be - Can we ride into The Retreat on your sister's coattails and when the door is open at the same time if we book in a lesser cabin....

My guess is No - at least not consistently.  You can probably do that a few times (do you really want to do that on vacation every day and every time you run back to the room?).  I think that you can pay to eat in Luminae as their guest ($50?) but no freebies

There is an expression in the frequent flyer world - WFBF - Want First (class) ? Buy First (class)!

We were actually going to split the cost of the cabins down the middle, so I am not planning on “riding her coattails” as you not so kindly stated. We just want two bedrooms and a shared living area and were exploring different options. Have a great day!

4 hours ago, Chuckwick3 said:

We were actually going to split the cost of the cabins down the middle, so I am not planning on “riding her coattails” as you not so kindly stated. We just want two bedrooms and a shared living area and were exploring different options. Have a great day!

My interpretation of tfred's coattails comment is slightly more literal and not financial. If your sister were to enter the Retreat areas, they would probably ask her room number or something like that. Then for you to get in, you'd have to follow so close that you'd be almost literally riding her coattails, so they they would not ask your room number. But I think if you are not in a suite, you would have some trouble getting into areas that are suite-specific.

It does not help that "Retreat" is used to describe almost every aspect of suite-related stuff, so perhaps there's a source for confusion. IMHO. And not to speak for tfred.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chuckwick3 said:

We have only sailed on Celebrity once before with my sister and her husband and were in a concierge room on the Equinox.  We are booking the Edge for Fall 2022 and were wondering if there is a suite that connects to a non-suite cabin so we could have a real bed and not a couch.  We have no problem sharing a cabin but are in our 50's and have outgrown the pullout couch.

Our ideal situation would be for my sister to get a suite and for myself and my husband to get a room that connects to it.  We don't need a butler but would like to be able to go to the retreat if possible.  If we get concierge, are the connecting doors inside the cabin and can we open the balcony up so it's connected as well?

The best way to do what you are describing is for your sister to book the suite and the connecting cabin under one reservation number. Families with children often do this, with the parents in the suite and the children next door. That way everyone on the reservation would have access to the Retreat and Luminae.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, HskrCrsr said:

My interpretation of tfred's coattails comment is slightly more literal and not financial. If your sister were to enter the Retreat areas, they would probably ask her room number or something like that. Then for you to get in, you'd have to follow so close that you'd be almost literally riding her coattails, so they they would not ask your room number. But I think if you are not in a suite, you would have some trouble getting into areas that are suite-specific.

It does not help that "Retreat" is used to describe almost every aspect of suite-related stuff, so perhaps there's a source for confusion. IMHO. And not to speak for tfred.

This

• Like 1

@Chuckwick3 you asked about a Concierge cabin connecting to a Suite. I'm assuming you are referring to the Sky3 suites within the Magic Carpet. According to the deck plans they connect through an inside door. However, the balcony cannot be “opened up” because the Concierge cabin has no balcony. It is an Infinite Verandah cabin, which only has a window that can be opened or closed.

On 4/7/2021 at 12:38 PM, C-Dragons said:

The best way to do what you are describing is for your sister to book the suite and the connecting cabin under one reservation number. Families with children often do this, with the parents in the suite and the children next door. That way everyone on the reservation would have access to the Retreat and Luminae.

Thank you.  This is the option we are looking for.  I will talk to my TA about this configuration for the 4 of us

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 9:23 PM, Chuckwick3 said:

Celebrity will also extend the exclusive Suite Class amenities and services to guests in a non-suite stateroom when paired with a suite. Everyone in suite-paired accommodations has access to the Suite Class private dining, exclusive lounge, personal butler, and all other special Suite Class perks."

Note that the connecting non-suite will not get the butler service.

7 minutes ago, KWW88 said:

Celebrity will also extend the exclusive Suite Class amenities and services to guests in a non-suite stateroom when paired with a suite. Everyone in suite-paired accommodations has access to the Suite Class private dining, exclusive lounge, personal butler, and all other special Suite Class perks."

Note that the connecting non-suite will not get the butler service.

With all due respect I would not count on being allowed into retreat areas and dining could also be a problem if you are not in a suite. That privilege is given with minor children.

Edited by dkjretired

2 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

With all due respect I would not count on being allowed into retreat areas and dining could also be a problem if you are not in a suite. That privilege is given with minor children.

The above verbiage is provided by Celebrity

3 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

We did this.  Those in the non suite cabin were assigned MDR.  Not Luminae.  Agree checking first if this is important.

Curious if they had access to the Retreat?

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

We did this.  Those in the non suite cabin were assigned MDR.  Not Luminae.  Agree checking first if this is important.

We’re both the Suite and the connecting cabin booked on a single reservation or 2 bookings that were linked?  

• Like 1