Carnival Paradise and Legend Heading to St. Vincent to Assist in Evacuation

TomCruise48

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Maybe I missed it but I didnt see a word about carnival helping. It said cruiselines ...which ones?

Wrong article?

I didn't read the article here but I had read another one where two Carnival ships were dispatched to help. Royal was also sending craft and I think NCL but I can't say for certain there. I just remember two from Carnival and Two or three from Royal.

25 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Maybe I missed it but I didnt see a word about carnival helping. It said cruiselines ...which ones?

Wrong article?

The Carnival Legend and Paradise are slated.  Paradise should be there and the Legend is scheduled to arrive (approx) 2 pm.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomCruise48 said:

Updated information from one of many news outlets using AP wire service:

https://abc7chicago.com/st-vincent-volcano-eruption-st-island-la-soufriere/10501485/

That article says "Prime Minister Ralph Gonsalves said in a press conference that people have to be vaccinated if they go aboard a cruise ship or are granted temporary refuge in another island." I wonder how many islanders have been vaccinated? I hope many so they can evacuate.

The ash cloud is really traveling:

image.png.afe2f1bba67011a3990a65b57b5c67ef.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

That article says "Prime Minister Ralph Gonsalves said in a press conference that people have to be vaccinated if they go aboard a cruise ship or are granted temporary refuge in another island." I wonder how many islanders have been vaccinated? I hope many so they can evacuate.

The ash cloud is really traveling:

image.png.afe2f1bba67011a3990a65b57b5c67ef.png

Doesn’t make sense to require such for leaving St Vincent.  Hopefully not true.  In the end we are all human beings.  Much of what we do as Americans is donate or give unlike exchanges when we shop on these islands as we sail.